Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Once again, Charles Krauthammer knocks it out of the park! Krauthammer Explains Why Obama’s Skipping Scalia’s Funeral In 3 SCATHING Words

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
Wordslinger
Floridatexan
Vikingwoman
Sal
Markle
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:As for continually calling him "Lame Duck," will you preface the next Republican president's name with that denigrator during his/her last year in office as well?   Of course not.  Every conceivable way to make Obama look bad is all you're interested in.  It's purely pitiful, not to mention pitiable.

How is referring to President Obama as "Lame Duck" President Obama derogatory in any way shape or manner?  Is he or is he not a Lame Duck President?  True or False?

There you go again answering a question with a question (followed by yet another attack on Obama), a rather cowardly ploy which does NOT work with me or most anyone else in open and honest discourse.  To remind you, I asked whether or not you would continually preface the next Republican president's name with "Lame Duck" during his/her last year in office.  The question at hand remains:  Would you, or would you not?  Simple enough query, but will you answer it?  I doubt it.

And that's because your stance that continually using the "Lame Duck" appellation is not derogatory to Obama -- when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that you're merely trying to make him look as weak and ineffective as you possibly can -- is disingenuous at best, and you know it.

If a Republican is in his eighth year in office, I'll refer to him as a Lame Duck President. I simply tell the truth and I know how infuriating that is for my Progressive friends.

Moreover, how in the world can I make Lame Duck President Obama look any weaker or ineffective than he has been for the past seven years? Look at the world situation, our economy in a malaise for seven years, terrorist attacks around the world increasing.

He went out of his way to insult America by making lame excuses for not attending the funeral of a 30 year Supreme Court Justice and, instead, congratulated Black Lives Matter for the "work" they are doing. Shameful!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:As for continually calling him "Lame Duck," will you preface the next Republican president's name with that denigrator during his/her last year in office as well?   Of course not.  Every conceivable way to make Obama look bad is all you're interested in.  It's purely pitiful, not to mention pitiable.

How is referring to President Obama as "Lame Duck" President Obama derogatory in any way shape or manner?  Is he or is he not a Lame Duck President?  True or False?

There you go again answering a question with a question (followed by yet another attack on Obama), a rather cowardly ploy which does NOT work with me or most anyone else in open and honest discourse.  To remind you, I asked whether or not you would continually preface the next Republican president's name with "Lame Duck" during his/her last year in office.  The question at hand remains:  Would you, or would you not?  Simple enough query, but will you answer it?  I doubt it.

And that's because your stance that continually using the "Lame Duck" appellation is not derogatory to Obama -- when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that you're merely trying to make him look as weak and ineffective as you possibly can -- is disingenuous at best, and you know it.

If a Republican is in his eighth year in office, I'll refer to him as a Lame Duck President.  I simply tell the truth and I know how infuriating that is for my Progressive friends.

Moreover, how in the world can I make Lame Duck President Obama look any weaker or ineffective than he has been for the past seven years?  Look at the world situation, our economy in a malaise for seven years, terrorist attacks around the world increasing.

He went out of his way to insult America by making lame excuses for not attending the funeral of a 30 year Supreme Court Justice and, instead, congratulated Black Lives Matter for the "work" they are doing.  Shameful!

Show me where you EVER referred to George W Bush as a "lame duck". Even when it was obvious, you continually supported every move he made. It was Bush and the Republicans who started two wars of aggression, ran up the national debt and almost croaked the economy...but nothing but praise from your lying lips. You've identified yourself as a paid shill for the GOP from day one.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

If a Republican is in his eighth year in office, I'll refer to him as a Lame Duck President.  I simply tell the truth and I know how infuriating that is for my Progressive friends.

Moreover, how in the world can I make Lame Duck President Obama look any weaker or ineffective than he has been for the past seven years?  Look at the world situation, our economy in a malaise for seven years, terrorist attacks around the world increasing.

He went out of his way to insult America by making lame excuses for not attending the funeral of a 30 year Supreme Court Justice and, instead, congratulated Black Lives Matter for the "work" they are doing.  Shameful!

Show me where you EVER referred to George W Bush as a "lame duck".  Even when it was obvious, you continually supported every move he made.  It was Bush and the Republicans who started two wars of aggression, ran up the national debt and almost croaked the economy...but nothing but praise from your lying lips.  You've identified yourself as a paid shill for the GOP from day one.    

Florida kindly answered on my behalf and I second everything she said.  Further, whereas you might, in passing, refer to a second term Republican president as a lame duck in his last year, I am all bur certain you wouldn't call him/her "Lame Duck President So-and-So" in every single sentence. (You say you speak the truth, so how about admitting to the truth of THAT, why don't you?)  No, it's just one more convenient negative for you to use in your constant, mind-numbing spewing of hatred and darkness about our president.  The litany of Obama's supposed sins you recited above allows for not one scintilla of evidence of the good things that have happened on his watch.  So how many hours do you spend listening to conservative talk radio?  You're obviously brainwashed to the hilt.  
As for me, I'm not a Progressive at all but a moderate Independent; however, if it takes becoming a Progressive Democrat to help quash the hideous negativity of people like you and re-kindle the lights of brotherhood in this nation, I might just have to consider becoming one.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:As for continually calling him "Lame Duck," will you preface the next Republican president's name with that denigrator during his/her last year in office as well? Of course not. Every conceivable way to make Obama look bad is all you're interested in. It's purely pitiful, not to mention pitiable.

How is referring to President Obama as "Lame Duck" President Obama derogatory in any way shape or manner? Is he or is he not a Lame Duck President? True or False?

There you go again answering a question with a question (followed by yet another attack on Obama), a rather cowardly ploy which does NOT work with me or most anyone else in open and honest discourse. To remind you, I asked whether or not you would continually preface the next Republican president's name with "Lame Duck" during his/her last year in office. The question at hand remains: Would you, or would you not? Simple enough query, but will you answer it? I doubt it.

If a Republican is in his eighth year in office, I'll refer to him as a Lame Duck President. I simply tell the truth and I know how infuriating that is for my Progressive friends.

Moreover, how in the world can I make Lame Duck President Obama look any weaker or ineffective than he has been for the past seven years? Look at the world situation, our economy in a malaise for seven years, terrorist attacks around the world increasing.

He went out of his way to insult America by making lame excuses for not attending the funeral of a 30 year Supreme Court Justice and, instead, congratulated Black Lives Matter for the "work" they are doing. Shameful!

Show me where you EVER referred to George W Bush as a "lame duck". Even when it was obvious, you continually supported every move he made. It was Bush and the Republicans who started two wars of aggression, ran up the national debt and almost croaked the economy...but nothing but praise from your lying lips. You've identified yourself as a paid shill for the GOP from day one.

Florida kindly answered on my behalf and I second everything she said. Further, whereas you might, in passing, refer to a second term Republican president as a lame duck in his last year, I am all bur certain you wouldn't call him/her "Lame Duck President So-and-So" in every single sentence. (You say you speak the truth, so how about admitting to the truth of THAT, why don't you?) No, it's just one more convenient negative for you to use in your constant, mind-numbing spewing of hatred and darkness about our president.
The litany of Obama's supposed sins you recited above allows for not one scintilla of evidence of the good things that have happened on his watch. So how many hours do you spend listening to conservative talk radio? You're obviously brainwashed to the hilt.

As for me, I'm not a Progressive at all but a moderate Independent; however, if it takes becoming a Progressive Democrat to help quash the hideous negativity of people like you and re-kindle the lights of brotherhood in this nation, I might just have to consider becoming one.

You have yet to explain how using an actual description of President Obama's last year in office.

I do not use the term Lame Duck President President Obama in every sentence, showing you are lying. I use the term once in a post and thereafter I use the term President Obama. Which of the Progressives here, including you, consistently refer to President Bush, as either former President Bush or President Bush and NOT use derogatory names?

Dozens of times I have politely requested that you, or any of the other Progressives here show us all specifically where the FACTS I have posted are not true. Instead, you all resort to childish name calling, profanity and shouting.

Step up my good friend. Show us all what you're made of!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Which of the Progressives here, including you, consistently refer to President Bush, as either former President Bush or President Bush and NOT use derogatory names?

Well, I do believe in calling a horse a "horse." Dumbya will always be Dumbya to me; even though it kinda sticks in your craw...... Shocked

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Which of the Progressives here, including you, consistently refer to President Bush, as either former President Bush or President Bush and NOT use derogatory names?

Well, I do believe in calling a horse a "horse." Dumbya will always be Dumbya to me; even though it kinda sticks in your craw......Shocked

Not in the least. I consider the source and the fact they have never grown up.

2seaoat

Is he or is he not a Lame Duck President? True or False?

I am gone for a couple of days and Mr. Markle is lost without my corrections. Your use of Lame duck in reference to President Obama at this time is an incorrect application of a very old concept. President Obama will become a lame duck President when a successor has been elected in early November. The use of lame duck to describe the President currently is idiotic......and I am being polite. Understand concepts before posting idiocy, and cannot always be around to correct such simple matters. No No No

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Is he or is he not a Lame Duck President? True or False?

I am gone for a couple of days and Mr. Markle is lost without my corrections. Your use of Lame duck in reference to President Obama at this time is an incorrect application of a very old concept. President Obama will become a lame duck President when a successor has been elected in early November. The use of lame duck to describe the President currently is idiotic......and I am being polite. Understand concepts before posting idiocy, and cannot always be around to correct such simple matters. No No No

No No No corrections. As usual...I am right. You, on the other hand are only partially right.

lame duck
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
1. an elected official or group of officials, as a legislator, continuing in office during the period between an election defeat and a successor's assumption of office.

2. a president who is completing a term of office and chooses not to run or is ineligible to run for reelection.

3. a person finishing a term of employment after a replacement has been chosen.

4. anything soon to be supplanted by another that is more efficient, economical, etc.

5. a person or thing that is disabled, helpless, ineffective, or inefficient

6. a person who has lost a great deal of money in speculations on the stock market.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Well, I do believe in calling a horse a "horse." Dumbya will always be Dumbya to me; even though it kinda sticks in your craw...... Shocked

That's odd... Linda has no issue or scorn when the shoe is on the other foot. Well... not really any surprise.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Show me where you EVER referred to George W Bush as a "lame duck".  Even when it was obvious, you continually supported every move he made.  It was Bush and the Republicans who started two wars of aggression, ran up the national debt and almost croaked the economy...but nothing but praise from your lying lips.  You've identified yourself as a paid shill for the GOP from day one.    

Florida kindly answered on my behalf and I second everything she said.  Further, whereas you might, in passing, refer to a second term Republican president as a lame duck in his last year, I am all bur certain you wouldn't call him/her "Lame Duck President So-and-So" in every single sentence. (You say you speak the truth, so how about admitting to the truth of THAT, why don't you?)  No, it's just one more convenient negative for you to use in your constant, mind-numbing spewing of hatred and darkness about our president.  
The litany of Obama's supposed sins you recited above allows for not one scintilla of evidence of the good things that have happened on his watch.  So how many hours do you spend listening to conservative talk radio?  You're obviously brainwashed to the hilt.  

You have yet to explain how using an actual description of President Obama's last year in office.

I do not use the term Lame Duck President President Obama in every sentence, showing you are lying.  I use the term once in a post and thereafter I use the term President Obama.  Which of the Progressives here, including you, consistently refer to President Bush, as either former President Bush or President Bush and NOT use derogatory names?

Dozens of times I have politely requested that you, or any of the other Progressives here show us all specifically where the FACTS I have posted are not true.  Instead, you all resort to childish name calling, profanity and shouting.

Step up my good friend.  Show us all what you're made of!

You're right; I shouldn't have said "every sentence."  That was an exaggeration born of frustration, and was not accurate.   How about I use the favorite Republican excuse:  "I misspoke"...?   It was not a "lie" per se - that accusatory word should be used carefully and sparingly to carry any weight.   Those who know me know I'm honest to a fault.  

And so I'll be even more honest and admit that I'm not a follower of politics all day long and can't cite chapter and verse of every single thing that happens in the U.S., even though I'm slightly more aware than the average citizen.  If I could, I doubt I would waste my time reciting facts to you because I've watched how you react to anything good that's said about Obama or the state of the nation under his presidency.  It's a lost cause for those here who know far more than I and who attempt to insert some positivity to the conversation with facts that you never accept anyway.

(And I can see how hard it is to talk to someone who is going to call me a Progressive even though he's been clearly told I'm not, and who is going to group me with "all" of those he accuses of "childish name calling, profanity and shouting."  When did I do any of that??)  

Honestly Mr. Markle I don't know how you wake up in the morning and live with the burden of your deeply negative outlook on this country under our current president.  It must be very, very tough to be you.  Are you ever happy with things, even when a Republican is in office?  I have to wonder.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

That's odd... Linda has no issue or scorn when the shoe is on the other foot. Well... not really any surprise.

Why did you insert my name here, PB?  I didn't say this; it was Z-man.   You can search all my posts and I doubt you'll ever see me using derogatory names to refer to any U.S. president.  If you're saying I should've called out Z-man for saying it, wrong.   I'm not the P.C. police of the whole world; I was having a conversation with one poster about his singular and single-minded disdain for anything Obama, his refusal to give the man one inch of credit, and his taking every opportunity to denigrate him.   Period.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Why did you insert my name here, PB?  I didn't say this; it was Z-man.   You can search all my posts and I doubt you'll ever see me using derogatory names to refer to any U.S. president.  If you're saying I should've called out Z-man for saying it, wrong.   I'm not the P.C. police of the whole world; I was having a conversation with one poster about his singular and single-minded disdain for anything Obama, his refusal to give the man one inch of credit, and his taking every opportunity to denigrate him.   Period.

End of story!!! cheers cheers cheers

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Because you called out markle for what you perceive as a repeated slight on obama... but ignore the same on bush2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum