Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Celebration of Teo's life

+3
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
Lisa12
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Celebration of Teo's life Empty Celebration of Teo's life 2/8/2016, 1:53 am

Lisa12

A celebration of Larry Lasure's life will be held on Tuesday following a 3:00 burial at Milton Cemetary. Once again, thank you for all of the support that he had from his forum friends.

2Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/8/2016, 1:59 am

2seaoat

I do not know if I can get down there by Tuesday at 3:30, but I will try. We normally stop in Metropolis, and will leave about 8 am which takes us 9 hours normally. I will try to drive further on Monday and maybe spend the night in Birmingham, and allow us to get to the Milton. No guarantee.....health will dictate.

3Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/8/2016, 2:05 am

Lisa12

2seaoat wrote:I do not know if I can get down there by Tuesday at 3:30, but I will try.  We normally stop in Metropolis, and will leave about 8 am which takes us 9 hours normally.   I will try to drive further on Monday and maybe spend the night in Birmingham, and allow us to get to the Milton.  No guarantee.....health will dictate.
Seaoat, do not do ANYTHING to jeopardize your own health. If you make it here, that would be a blessing and I would certainly look forward to meeting you. However, Larry knew that you were ultimately a friend and would be very honored that you were thinking of him and his family Smile

4Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/8/2016, 3:17 am

Vikingwoman

Rest in peace,Teotwawki. This place will never be the same.

5Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/8/2016, 4:26 pm

RealLindaL

Lisa, I will not be able to attend but thank you so much for letting everyone know.  And your words to Seaoat were more than sweet.  Seaoat, listen to Lisa!

I just read Larry's obituary and he seemed such a very fine man, far too young to go so soon. 

Forum members, there are already several glowing memorials/condolences posted there on the legacy.com Guest Book. In fact, one posting seems to be from a member of this group-- or at least of some similar Pensacola area forum -- and is signed by Linda Enterkin.  That's not I, not this Linda, but someone who is well known for her many contributions of opinion toward the betterment of our community.  What nice things she wrote about Teo!  Linda, if you're willing to say -- are you here?

Here's the link, and forgive me if someone else has already posted:

Larry Lee Lasure Obituary

6Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 8:19 am

cool1

cool1

im trying to find address is this off hyw 90 national crem--society -- does anyone have the direct address --at 330 right ? like your going to Milton

7Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 11:34 am

Can't be there today but I'm doing what was suggested in Teo's obit.

In lieu of flowers we respectfully request you go have a wonderful day with your loved ones.

Life…. tis but a vapor.

Having a late breakfast with my daughter and new grandbaby. Lifting a cup of French pressed coffee to you, Teo. You are greatly missed on the forum. God bless your family and friends.

Wink

8Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 5:15 pm

cool1

cool1

I didn't make it , husband went a got some wax for my tooth , But yes I was with my family . still wanted to go though , nobody wants to see someone with no bottom teeth right now till I can fix them it sucks

9Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 8:23 pm

Vikingwoman

Well, how was the celebration?

10Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 8:32 pm

Lisa12

Bittersweet, but very beautiful. His oldest grandson gave an amazing speech at the burial talking about all he had learned from Larry, and telling some poignant stories that were funny! And all of the songs played at the service were recordings by him. Rest in peace my beautiful friend I love you

11Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 8:39 pm

That's nice to hear... thank you Lisa. I so wish I could've been there.

12Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 9:04 pm

Vikingwoman

Any forum members come?

13Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 9:07 pm

2seaoat

The grandson's eulogy was moving.  He told a story about how he was involved in an accident and he called his grandfather first......and guess who beat the police to the scene.   I think T was very proud of this young man, and it gave me great pleasure to know the time T spent with this young man will leave a lifetime of memories.   The best story was T cutting off the fingers of his gloves.....and then spent the rest of the trip bitching about how cold his fingers were..........T is smiling right now......proud of this young man whose veins pump the spirit of his grandfather.   I am so sad it is hard to verbalize, I cannot tell you how much I will miss him here, but I hope they have internet in Hell because without it I am certain I will never get to argue with him in Heaven......we have all lost a dear friend who entertained us, but most importantly he was kind and gentle playful presence who enhanced all those around us......I wish I had felt better, but we had to get up at 4:30 and drive through snow storms in KY and TN only to arrive with less than five minutes....I will not forget T.

14Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 9:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I spent my morning watching my youngest granddaughter and my middle school granddaughter requested my presence dress shopping for her first dressy dance. I was honored.

My mind wandered to thoughts of Teto....and Neko. Two forum friends.

15Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 9:19 pm

That's great seagoat... Thanks.

16Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 9:26 pm

Lisa12

Seaoat, if I didn't love you for this I would be so pissed at you for not speaking!!! I looked all around for someone who might be you and now Lori tells me that she did too. What were you wearing and where were you standing?

17Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 9:44 pm

Lisa12

Seaoat, were you wearing khakis and a green jacket?

18Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 10:00 pm

Vikingwoman

I am impressed you made it,Oatie.

19Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 10:03 pm

2seaoat

I was standing west of the tent when we were asked to move behind the family who was sitting. I was the tallest person there wearing a leather jacket, jeans, a hat, sunglasses, and had my hood up because I was having a hard time keeping warm. My wife stood at my side wearing blue jeans and a black leather jacket. If I had not had a harrowing trip down with the snow blowing on interstate 24 where we had zero visibility in the morning, and had not had lung surgery Wed., I most certainly would have gone to the gathering after the graveside, but we just had another rental house go empty and had to pick up keys to clean AM before five PM, and this was dumped on us via a text message from our realtor in the middle of blowing snow this morning. I am overwhelmed right now with my health, and cleaning up loose ends before I pass, and yes I will make an effort in March like I promised Bob to meet some forum members, and I am so sad that I never got to meet T in person.....my sadness can be cut with a knife, and I am having a very hard time with this which I am unable to explain. I just was exhausted emotionally and physically, and my poor wife had to drive the entire time since 4:30am.....it has been a hard day.

20Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 10:07 pm

Lisa12

Seaoat, please check your pm's.

21Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 10:33 pm

RealLindaL

Sea. we should all have friends like you.

22Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 11:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat and  Mrs. Seaoat are incredible.

23Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/9/2016, 11:25 pm

Lisa12

Joanimaroni wrote:Seaoat and  Mrs. Seaoat are incredible.

Indeed!

24Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/10/2016, 12:15 am

2seaoat

Seaoat, were you wearing khakis and a green jacket?

Now that is funny......you have me confused with a felix.....I am an Oscar, and almost wore my duct tape shoes, but wore my work boots.....Khakis........I really did pisz you off.

25Celebration of Teo's life Empty Re: Celebration of Teo's life 2/10/2016, 12:19 am

Lisa12

Lol, with much affection Oscar Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum