Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hillary vs Bernie debate

+2
knothead
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/4/2016, 10:48 pm

2seaoat

Bernie is kicking butt. Hillary is a great debater, but he is winning on the substantive issues.

2Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/4/2016, 11:34 pm

2seaoat

Hillary says she is 100% certain that there is NOTHING to be concerned about the private server or emails.....oh my.

3Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/4/2016, 11:57 pm

knothead

knothead

There is a marked contrast between this debate and the GOP debates; The Democratic debate seems to be speaking to substantive issues while the GOP debates lacked substance but rather engaged in partisan hyperbole and personal attacks. Mr. Oats, to your point, I would say Bernie makes a passionate and substantive case for his points but HRC is fighting with spirit and making good points as well.

4Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 12:03 am

2seaoat

She is the most qualified candidate running for President in the history of this country. Sharing the bed with a President for eight years by the nature of their partnership makes her untouchable in regard to qualifications, but Bernie's message is powerful and necessary.

5Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 12:09 am

knothead

knothead

Agree . . . . . . . this was a meaningful and substantive debate. HRC won in my opinion but Bernie's points will not go unnoticed as the campaign progresses. Best debate of the year and Mr. Trump wasn't present!

6Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 12:11 am

2seaoat

There is no comparison between the Republican debates and the Democratic debates in regard to substance and policy. The do nothing party has simply been rendered fearful and looking backward, rather than working for the American people. The Republicans cannot win the Presidency. They simply cannot. My party at the national level will get their head handed to them once again, and maybe main street Republicans can take their party back from non Republican dixiecrats who think they are Republicans....they are not, and their hijack of the Party of Lincoln will not last.

7Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 12:13 am

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:There is no comparison between the Republican debates and the Democratic debates in regard to substance and policy.  The do nothing party has simply been rendered fearful and looking backward, rather than working for the American people.   The Republicans cannot win the Presidency.   They simply cannot.  My party at the national level will get their head handed to them once again, and maybe main street Republicans can take their party back from non Republican dixiecrats who think they are Republicans....they are not, and their hijack of the Party of Lincoln will not last.

I so hope you are dead cinch correct if I may borrow one of your phrases!

8Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 7:27 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bernie correctly pointed out that Hillary has the support of a SuperPac and has taken a number of enormous campaign donations from representatives of Wall Street. In fact, she admitted the same -- claiming that taking big campaign donations in no way signifies corruption or "ownership."

But one of Bernie's big issues is the need for America to change the system which allows big business to corrupt our democracy via campaign financing, and Hillary's position is that it's perfectly okay -- that the system as it stands really isn't corrupt.

Bernie is telling the truth. She represents the system as it is, and defends it.

It's good to know your enemies.

Go Bernie, Go.

9Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 9:33 am

2seaoat

How can anybody in America not love Uncle Bernie....that however may not be enough to be a good President. I have listened to Bernie for over five years on lunch with Bernie every Friday on the Thom Hartman radio show, and I must say he has been consistent and true to his words during that time, but is incredibly naive on some issues. If he can get his voter turnout, who knows.

10Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 10:16 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Having listened to all the debates, I trust two of the candidates and respect one.

Of the former quality: Trump and Bernie

Of the latter: Bernie

As for Bernie's foreign policy chops -- the USA has had the worst foreign policy of any major industrialized nation since WWII. I'd rather Trump or Bernie than any we've suffered thus far!

Bush's foreign policy was a nightmare and Obama's isn't any better.

I'd rather have a decent person with integrity, than what we've had over the past 100 years. Tell me just how perfect Teddy Roosevelt really was. Ask a Filipino!

11Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 4:42 pm

Sal

Sal

I just watched the debate I recorded last night (I was watching Madoff).

I think Hillary is wounded and in a very tenuous position.

Bernie's impressive showing in Iowa hurt her, and she is looking very weak with young voters and surprisingly with women.

And, the positions Bernie has staked out has left her looking like the "no we can't" candidate.

That's not a hopeful nor positive message.

She looked particularly ridiculous when she tried to argue that she's anti-establishment.

She's been First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, she's worth millions, and she gives speeches to Wall Street bankers in exchange for checks for more than Bernie's new worth for gawd's sake.

12Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 5:00 pm

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:I just watched the debate I recorded last night (I was watching Madoff).

Bernie's impressive showing in Iowa hurt her, and she is looking very weak with young voters and surprisingly with women.

And, the positions Bernie has staked out has left her looking like the "no we can't" candidate.

She looked particularly ridiculous when she tried to argue that she's anti-establishment.

She's been First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, she's worth millions, and she gives speeches to Wall Street bankers in exchange for checks for more than Bernie's net worth for gawd's sake.

I agree Sal, it is quite troublesome to me. I like Bernie and he is the most honest of both lots. I actually am one of those who have contributed to his campaign (for the first time in my life) BUT I remain troubled if, in the general election if he can survive the hammer and sickle that will be hung around his neck by the GOP. My overriding concern in this election is the winner will get two and possibly three appointees to SC . . . . . affecting the fabric of American society for decades. I have said before that I will vote for Bernie in the primary and HRC if she becomes our candidate. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out . . . . . .

13Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 5:23 pm

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:
Salinsky wrote:I just watched the debate I recorded last night (I was watching Madoff).

She's been First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, she's worth millions, and she gives speeches to Wall Street bankers in exchange for checks for more than Bernie's net worth for gawd's sake.

I agree Sal, it is quite troublesome to me.  I like Bernie and he is the most honest of both lots.  I actually am one of those who have contributed to his campaign (for the first time in my life) BUT I remain troubled if, in the general election if he can survive the hammer and sickle that will be hung around his neck by the GOP.  My overriding concern in this election is the winner will get two and possibly three appointees to SC . . . . . affecting the fabric of American society for decades.  I have said before that I will vote for Bernie in the primary and HRC if she becomes our candidate. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out . . . . . .    

Excellent post.

I agree completely with everything you've written, and I feel the same way.

14Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 6:52 pm

I was impressed when she claimed that bernie was taking cheap shots at her ties to wall st and establishment. She may be the most duplicitous and ethically corrupt candidate ever... certainly on the short list. She lies when the truth is obvious.

15Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 7:40 pm

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:I was impressed when she claimed that bernie was taking cheap shots at her ties to wall st and establishment. She may be the most duplicitous and ethically corrupt candidate ever... certainly on the short list. She lies when the truth is obvious.

I understand what you are saying pkr . . . . I cringed a bit myself a couple times when she weaves and dodges issues . . . . . . still, despite her warts I would prefer her over the GOP and their godforsaken conservative agenda which I despise . . . . . . . I despise their message as well as their messengers. When I consider the national social and political implications regarding SC appointees I shudder to think of the consequences on so many issues. HRC is flawed I will concede but she is imminently qualified and further, electing a Republican to the presidency when both branches are owned by the same chills my blood. There is an upside to divided government.

16Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 8:29 pm

I think that in a decision between she and kasich/ben/fiorina that a reasonable democrat could reject her.

Not that I necessarily think ben or fiorina have much of a chance this year.

17Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 8:41 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:I think that in a decision between she and kasich/ben/fiorina that a reasonable democrat could reject her.

Not that I necessarily think ben or fiorina have much of a chance this year.

Put down the crack pipe and back slowly away from the keyboard.

18Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 9:13 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Hillary says she is 100% certain that there is NOTHING to be concerned about the private server or emails.....oh my.

One would think...that with all the corruption and scandal experiences the Clinton's have acquired, they would know to NEVER speak in absolutes. From there, you have no place to go. Now, prove one, and she is a liar. Which is already a known factor.

Instead of just one, she had over a thousand with nearly 30 classified as being ABOVE TOP SECRET.

Shameful.

19Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 9:17 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:She is the most qualified candidate running for President in the history of this country.  Sharing the bed with a President for eight years by the nature of their partnership makes her untouchable in regard to qualifications, but Bernie's message is powerful and necessary.

Where did you get the idea that they shared a bed?

My guess is that good ol' Joe Biden is boning up on his foreign policy and sharpening his debating skills.

20Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 10:09 pm

2seaoat

If you watched the debate, you saw two incredibly intelligent and engaged candidates showing the world how to debate issues. The Democrats cannot lose. It is that simple. The demographics of this nation will not allow the crazy factor to be successful in a national election.....nothing complicated here.

21Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/5/2016, 10:36 pm

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:If you watched the debate, you saw two incredibly intelligent and engaged candidates showing the world how to debate issues.   The Democrats cannot lose.   It is that simple.   The demographics of this nation will not allow the crazy factor to be successful in a national election.....nothing complicated here.

cheers cheers cheers

22Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/6/2016, 8:53 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

knothead wrote: ...
 I like Bernie and he is the most honest of both lots.  I actually am one of those who have contributed to his campaign (for the first time in my life) BUT I remain troubled if, in the general election if he can survive the hammer and sickle that will be hung around his neck by the GOP. ...

A leopard can't change it's spots. Maybe if he wore one of those disco shirts with the big collar he could hide it?

As folks used to remind me:   "You can't hide your redneck under all that long hippie hair"

23Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/6/2016, 9:00 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

If the republicans ran a former convict who had served 30 years for murder, rape and torture as their candidate for president. . .

NO ONE WOULD BE SURPRISED.

24Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/6/2016, 11:29 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/06/the-rare-times-that-hillary-clinton-and-bernie-sanders-disagreed-in-the-senate/

25Hillary vs Bernie debate Empty Re: Hillary vs Bernie debate 2/6/2016, 5:53 pm

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:If the republicans ran a former convict who had served 30 years for murder, rape and torture as their candidate for president. . .  

NO ONE WOULD BE SURPRISED.[/b]

Hillary vs Bernie debate Chappaquiddick_incident

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum