Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MLK day and the disrespect for the President

+2
Markle
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

YOU LIE...........attack after racial attack, as no president has been disrespected just because of his skin color.....oh some tried to argue that it was his policies, but please listen to the senator's ads from Alabama on attacking President Obama everyday......sorry I know why that plays in Alabama....the same place where in Mobile they drop off KKK literature in your front yard.....scrape the surface and we have not fulfilled MLK's dream.....we have a long way to go.

The most beautiful thing about all the hate and fear in America's older folks toward the President is that an entire generation grew up as children seeing a black man as President.....that in itself is the path to achieve MLK's dream that every child will be judged by their character and not their skin color. Thank you MLK for your sacrifices and in a couple generations we can hope your dream will be achieved.

How much respect does obama have for people that aren't in lockstep with his collectivist and leftist ideology?

Is that racism?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:YOU LIE...........attack after racial attack, as no president has been disrespected just because of his skin color.....oh some tried to argue that it was his policies, but please listen to the senator's ads from Alabama on attacking President Obama everyday......sorry I know why that plays in Alabama....the same place where in Mobile they drop off KKK literature in your front yard.....scrape the surface and we have not fulfilled MLK's dream.....we have a long way to go.

The most beautiful thing about all the hate and fear in America's older folks toward the President is that an entire generation grew up as children seeing a black man as President.....that in itself is the path to achieve MLK's dream that every child will be judged by their character and not their skin color.  Thank you MLK for your sacrifices and in a couple generations we can hope your dream will be achieved.

I know of no one who does not respect all the hard work done by Martin Luther King, Jr.. To see that work being destroyed by semi-retired and racist President Obama is a tragedy of incredible proportions.

MLK day and the disrespect for the President ShoutRacist

2seaoat

I never voted for President Clinton, but I called him President Clinton. I got really tired when folks called President Bush.....Bush, but there is something about how the racist relish the lack of respect when they call the Affordable Care Ace .....Obama Care, and never call him President Obama. I never voted for the man, but he is my President, and my attitude of respect for Presidents was formed as a child when President Eisenhower was my president kindergarten through third grade. Those are formative years. A young person born when President Clinton served thinks presidents are a SNL skit. Wrong in so many ways.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:I never voted for President Clinton, but I called him President Clinton.  I got really tired when folks called President Bush.....Bush, but there is something about how the racist relish the lack of respect when they call the Affordable Care Ace .....Obama Care, and never call him President Obama.  I never voted for the man, but he is my President, and my attitude of respect for Presidents was formed as a child when President Eisenhower was my president kindergarten through third grade.   Those are formative years.   A young person born when President Clinton served thinks presidents are a SNL skit.  Wrong in so many ways.

You sure take this "racism" stuff way out there. You do realize that regardless of whether Obama is black, half black/half white (which he is by the way), or green it IS possible to disagree with a policy without it being "racist". That's just the scaredy cat reaction from bigots.

Even he likes the term Obamacare

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

MLK day and the disrespect for the President Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkoLb9wGAdplPLefa6NIDf3ubHs4X8ryPa7-6z6ZLotetVs9pyog

MLK day and the disrespect for the President Racismdenial

MLK day and the disrespect for the President Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwnQ65g9KBKL0p-OQ4m88mEAZH2eXCyDIJEWxLhHZwO4hjx0hW

MLK day and the disrespect for the President Obama-waffles-01

MLK day and the disrespect for the President RacistObamaPic51

gatorfan

The little cartoons hardly represent the feelings of the majority of the population of this country. But cling to them if you must. LOL

2seaoat

The little cartoons hardly represent the feelings of the majority of the population of this country. But cling to them if you must. LOL

You are correct. It represents the majority of Republicans.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:YOU LIE...........attack after racial attack, as no president has been disrespected just because of his skin color.....oh some tried to argue that it was his policies, but please listen to the senator's ads from Alabama on attacking President Obama everyday......sorry I know why that plays in Alabama....the same place where in Mobile they drop off KKK literature in your front yard.....scrape the surface and we have not fulfilled MLK's dream.....we have a long way to go.

The most beautiful thing about all the hate and fear in America's older folks toward the President is that an entire generation grew up as children seeing a black man as President.....that in itself is the path to achieve MLK's dream that every child will be judged by their character and not their skin color.  Thank you MLK for your sacrifices and in a couple generations we can hope your dream will be achieved.

Further, an entire country will go forward having seen a black president's massive failure.

Do you think that will harm a black candidates chances in the future?

2seaoat

Further, an entire country will go forward having seen a black president's massive failure.

Failure....you really have lost your mind. This is one of the most successful Presidents in the last 100 years.....the ACA alone was not achieved by every President since Truman.....and he beat both your candidates like a drum.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: ..., and my attitude of respect for Presidents was formed as a child when President Eisenhower was my president kindergarten through third grade.   Those are formative years.   A young person born when President Clinton served thinks presidents are a SNL skit.  Wrong in so many ways.

So, that's where you get your authoritarian bent .... the fifties.   It all makes sense now.

Well, I got news for ya, people been disrespecting Presidents since we've been having 'em in this country ... it's a by-golly time honored American tradition!   'Cause we got free speech here in "merca .... much to your chagrin, I'm sure.   Learn yer history, old man!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Ask Ben Carson . . .

A President should not be elected on the basis of skin color or sex. A President should be elected because he or she is most able to carry out the duties set forth by the Constitution. To say it is time for a certain sex or color is, in itself, selective and racist/sexist.

Everyone needs to read Dr. King's speech. Content of character was his greatest point.

But regardless...the office of the President should be respected and there is a title that should always be placed with the name of the one sitting in the Oval office.

Do we have to agree on every point to be respectful of someone? No.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The same rabid, knuckle dragging White Christian fundamentalist tea-partiers who show at get-togethers with signs mocking Obama as a black cartoon character chomping down on watermelon, are the key to Trump's awesome political success.  They are now leading the republican party.

Considering those factors, perhaps we should begin to focus on the failure of the republican party to accomplish anything for America other than to harass, insult, and oppose the President since his inauguration.  At that time, in the throes of a near-economic depression, the ebola pandemic, and losing wars all over the MidEast, the republican leader of the senate set the tone for the next eight years to come:  He claimed, on TV that the number one priority for his republican party was to replace Obama.

Despite the insane efforts of a party bent on his political destruction -- and one which even opposed programs the republicans initiated,Obama improved the economy, tried to end our disastrous wars, got Iran to give-up it's nuclear weapons development, pushed the public's awareness of global warming, established the ACA, and numerous other victories.  

In summary: It wasn't Obama who failed.

Wordslinger wrote:The same rabid, knuckle dragging White Christian fundamentalist tea-partiers who show at get-togethers with signs mocking Obama as a black cartoon character chomping down on watermelon, are the key to Trump's awesome political success.  They are now leading the republican party.

Considering those factors, perhaps we should begin to focus on the failure of the republican party to accomplish anything for America other than to harass, insult, and oppose the President since his inauguration.  At that time, in the throes of a near-economic depression, the ebola pandemic, and losing wars all over the MidEast, the republican leader of the senate set the tone for the next eight years to come:  He claimed, on TV that the number one priority for his republican party was to replace Obama.

Despite the insane efforts of a party bent on his political destruction -- and one which even opposed programs the republicans initiated,Obama improved the economy, tried to end our disastrous wars, got Iran to give-up it's nuclear weapons development, pushed the public's awareness of global warming, established the ACA, and numerous other victories.  

And Democrats never did anything such as this to a sitting Republican President? The blame goes to both sides when it comes to lack of respect. They chart the course along with party backers on both sides. It's politics over respect and unity of a country.

We the people must change the tone.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:The little cartoons hardly represent the feelings of the majority of the population of this country. But cling to them if you must. LOL

I voted early in 2008...saw the looks on the faces of people standing in line as they watched the young voters turn out for Obama...PRICELESS. And then...oops, 2012...again. Choke on it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:The same rabid, knuckle dragging White Christian fundamentalist tea-partiers who show at get-togethers with signs mocking Obama as a black cartoon character chomping down on watermelon, are the key to Trump's awesome political success.  They are now leading the republican party.

And Democrats never did anything such as this to a sitting Republican President? The blame goes to both sides when it comes to lack of respect.  They chart the course along with party backers on both sides.  It's politics over respect and unity of a country.

We the people must change the tone.  

Sorry...I have respect for the office, but I have zero respect for any Bush. If you research the family history, you will have a hard time justifying your argument. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that George W Bush stole the office of POTUS in 2000 and rigged the "election" in 2004 through electronic tampering. All you have to do is look at his pathetic record. Unity is fine in the abstract, but you'll have difficulty putting it into practice in today's political climate. It is amazing to me that anyone could support Trump, Cruz, Rubio, least of all "Jeb!". They're all hucksters, no different from TV evangelists...fake...with not a single policy I could embrace.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum