Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The best possible thing is about to happen in the MidEast -- Saudi Arabia vs. Iran

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
Markle
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The Saudis have just cut diplomatic relations with Iran. Which means the most powerful Sunni nation may take on the world's most powerful Shiia nation.

We need to provide them free ammo and bombs.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

We need drone coverage, pay per view.....

2seaoat

The best part no Americans must die in this insanity.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:The Saudis have just cut diplomatic relations with Iran.  Which means the most powerful Sunni nation may take on the world's most powerful Shiia nation.

We need to provide them free ammo and bombs.

Gee, here I thought semi-retired President Obama decided to take a leadership roll in world affairs or, at the very least, had resigned.

Oh shucks!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If war was to break out between Saudi Arabia and Iran,  America would certainly be drawn into it,  regardless if America is run by democrats or republicans.

America (the government itself regardless of which political party is in control) is firmly in an alliance with Saudi Arabia and has been for a very long time.    We have military bases in Saudi Arabia.   If war breaks out those bases will be defended and we will be on the side of the Saudi Royals.  Not Iran.

And once that happens,  Iran and it's allies will all then be at war with us.

2seaoat

Nope.....nothing like that......chess......with no time clock.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Nope.....nothing like that......chess......with no time clock.
I can't comprehend replies that are stated as riddles.  Can you restate that using normal language?

What in hell does "chess......with no time clock" mean?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Nope.....nothing like that......chess......with no time clock.
I can't comprehend replies that are stated as riddles.  Can you restate that using normal language?

What in hell does "chess......with no time clock" mean?

like seaoat ..posting but no word limit....slow and boring....

2seaoat

It means that the Saudi execution of the cleric was an attempt to escalate the violence. However, Iran is smart. Their militia is winning in Iraq over the Saudi backed ISIS and Iran knows that attrition is to their advantage......they will have full contact pressure on the Saudis, but will not foolishly provoke a stupid attack which gives America no choice.......they are playing many moves ahead, and again.......there is no timetable......it is the Saudis who are increasingly getting into a desperate state as ISIS is failing and shia influence grows.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I suppose "chess...  with no time limit" means that when war breaks out between Saudi Arabia,  which our government is allied with,  and Iran,  which is an enemy to our government;  that the result will be that our government will remain neutral so that the Saudis and Iranians can all kill each other.

If that's what it means,  it's the silliest and most naive thing I've ever heard of.  It defies all reasoning and all logic and all common sense.  And it also defies everything history has ever taught us.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Don't get me wrong.  If war broke out between those two shithole countries and I was the CIC,  I would do just that.  Stay out of it and let them kill each other.

But I'm not the CIC and neither is seaoat or wordslinger.  And the bozo who WILL BE the CIC at the time will NOT do what me or seaoat or wordslinger would do.  And that includes both Hillary or Trump. lol

2seaoat

I understand. You do not. My context is forty years of studying the region, government structure and history. There will be no direct war between the Saudis and Iran at this time. Iran historically has worked with proxies. Nothing will change. America will not be drawn into the middle of this anymore than we were going to be bullied by the Israelis. It is the lack of understanding of history which makes me smile when President Obama is criticized for wanting a regime change in Syria......a complete lack of context or historical understanding makes me smile.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:I understand.  You do not.  My context is forty years of studying the region, government structure and history.   There will be no direct war between the Saudis and Iran at this time.  Iran historically has worked with proxies.  Nothing will change.  America will not be drawn into the middle of this anymore than we were going to be bullied by the Israelis.   It is the lack of understanding of history which makes me smile when President Obama is criticized for wanting a regime change in Syria......a complete lack of context or historical understanding makes me smile.

The best possible thing is about to happen in the MidEast -- Saudi Arabia vs. Iran ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F236x%2F3a%2F59%2Fa1%2F3a59a14d57cf1f442c1811f9c0ed1443

2seaoat

From the guy who says America cannot own property. Our well read mob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I understand.  You do not.  My context is forty years of studying the region, government structure and history.   There will be no direct war between the Saudis and Iran at this time.  Iran historically has worked with proxies.  Nothing will change.  America will not be drawn into the middle of this anymore than we were going to be bullied by the Israelis.   It is the lack of understanding of history which makes me smile when President Obama is criticized for wanting a regime change in Syria......a complete lack of context or historical understanding makes me smile.

Believe me I know you're the most scholarly and learned individual on this topic.

But what you wrote has nothing to do with the point of this thread.  The point of this thread (as stated by the thread starter, wordslinger) is what happens IF war breaks out between the two countries.  NOT whether it WILL break out,  but what happens when it does.
wordslinger told us that,  if and when this happens,  it will all be sweetness and light because the two countries full of nutters would just kill each other off.

My reply was that,  IF there is war between the two countries,  the United States WILL be drawn into it.

A debate about whether or not this WILL or WILL not develop into a war between the two countries is a different question.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:From the guy who says America cannot own property.  Our well read mob.

Feds are not America stupid..geeze you are dumb...

2seaoat

You sir are semi literate and have no grasp of concepts.

The United States federal government left their part of the region unorganized for two years until news of the Whitman massacre reached the United States Congress and helped to facilitate the organization of the region into a U.S. territory.[8] On August 14, 1848, Congress passed the Act to Establish the Territorial Government of Oregon, which created what was officially the Territory of Oregon.

Do you notice the use of the United States federal government......it would mean something to those who study history, but illiterate internet cut and paste make up chit as they go, would have difficulty reconciling their lack of formal education with the realities of this world.......but it does make me smile.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:You sir are semi literate and have no grasp of concepts.

The United States federal government left their part of the region unorganized for two years until news of the Whitman massacre reached the United States Congress and helped to facilitate the organization of the region into a U.S. territory.[8] On August 14, 1848, Congress passed the Act to Establish the Territorial Government of Oregon, which created what was officially the Territory of Oregon.

Do you notice the use of the United States federal government......it would mean something to those who study history, but illiterate internet cut and paste make up chit as they go, would have difficulty reconciling their lack of formal education with the realities of this world.......but it does make me smile.

According to the law they were only to hold that property until a state formed...then only holding land for forts, ports and smaller government facilities...your formal education was obviously tainted by your love of Lincoln and his disregard for the constitution and common law...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Now,  about the question of whether or not there will be war between the two countries.

A fact.  Saudi Arabia is the center of Sunni Islam.  Iran is the center of Shia Islam.

A fact.  Sunnis and Shias hate and despise each other. And that divide (and the ensuing violence) is becoming exponentially greater with time.

A fact.  War has already occurred (many years ago in fact) between Shia Iran and Sunni controlled Iraq.

So to come up with some "chess... with no time limit" argument to conclude that war is impossible between Saudi Arabia and Iran completely ignores all those facts.

Last edited by Bob on 1/4/2016, 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Now,  about the question of whether or not there will be war between the two countries.

A fact.  Saudi Arabia is the center of Sunni Islam.  Iran is the center of Shia Islam.

A fact.  Sunnis and Shias hate and despise each other. And that divide is becoming exponentially greater with time.

A fact.  War has already occurred (many years ago in fact) between Shia Iran and Sunni controlled Iraq.

So to comes up with some "chess... with no time limit" argument to conclude that war is impossible between Saudi Arabia and Iran completely ignores all those facts.

elements of our government can't wait to attack Iran....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
elements of our government can't wait to attack Iran....

That is also absolutely and positively A FACT.  And an indisputable fact (except seaoat will find a way to dispute it).  lol

2seaoat

According to the law

Nope

2seaoat

That is also absolutely and positively A FACT. And an indisputable fact (except seaoat will find a way to dispute it). lol

Nope......there are some who buy the Israeli position and only a fool would dispute that fact, but that fact has become abundantly clear to be a minority position in this Administration.

2seaoat

argument to conclude that war is impossible between Saudi Arabia and Iran completely ignores all those facts.

I would agree if a fool said it was impossible. I said it was improbable at this time. A learned man would understand.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:That is also absolutely and positively A FACT.  And an indisputable fact (except seaoat will find a way to dispute it).  lol

Nope......there are some who buy the Israeli position and only a fool would dispute that fact, but that fact has become abundantly clear to be a minority position in this Administration.

Virtually every player in this government,  including obama,  has stated that the United States will NOT tolerate Iran becoming a nuclear power.

If war breaks out between Iran,  this government's enemy,  and Saudi Arabia,  this government's ally,  it will provide this government the perfect opportunity to obliterate Iran's attempts to become a nuclear power.  There is no way in hell this government will stand by and let Iran defeat it's most prized ally in the Middle East (other than Israel).  To believe it would is almost childishly naive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum