Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clint Eastwood: Republicans 'dumb' for asking him to speak

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=758472

Seaoat will like this.
And I like Clint.

at least they didnt tell him every single word he had to say, unlike some.

He was spot on about the empty chair.

2seaoat

I think that it just confirms my suspicions about Romney. Besides all the character flaws, and despite what I believe is an incredibly dishonest and evil man.......in the end he is incompetent. Living off your inheritance for four years of Stanford, three years of France, and then four years of Harvard Law and a Harvard MBA.......eleven years of daddy taking care of you......you actually start believing that being on third base you somehow hit a triple when daddy sets you up in the world of Bain.

Look, Clint Eastwood is loved by America. He probably was a very good choice as a speaker, but.......here is the key.......not in prime time....not bumping a video that I even have to admit did bring some humanity to Mitt....no this single decision has started an amazing trend that the commoners have discovered that the emperor's new clothes never existed.....in the end....this goes to intelligence. Clint Eastwood may have single handed saved America.....he really is an American Hero.

4Clint Eastwood:  Republicans 'dumb' for asking him to speak  Empty Romney's management style. 9/20/2012, 1:22 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

Watching all the miss-steps and miss-guided steps of the Romney Campaign tells me Romney is not well suited for the political arena. He's a tall good looking and personable gentleman but his skills are in the Bain Capital arena where he can tell people, "Either fix the problem or go find something else to do. In the political world where he's surrounded by many powerful people Romney's indecisive.

Slicef18 wrote:Watching all the miss-steps and miss-guided steps of the Romney Campaign tells me Romney is not well suited for the political arena. He's a tall good looking and personable gentleman but his skills are in the Bain Capital arena where he can tell people, "Either fix the problem or go find something else to do. In the political world where he's surrounded by many powerful people Romney's indecisive.

Define what you think qualifies someone for the political arena? Community activism?

Because Ive become a little flustered that many think it means they need to talk well, or look well. That they need to say all the right things then turn around and do nothing, the oposit or very little. As long as they are liked much like a american idol contestant.

I'd for once think we should consider hiring someone to do the job based on if they can make BIG decisions about finances, foreign policy and the actual managment of this country.

What the hell do I know. Rolling Eyes

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ha, ha.....like Obama IS qualified!

Slicef18

Slicef18

Rogue wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:Watching all the miss-steps and miss-guided steps of the Romney Campaign tells me Romney is not well suited for the political arena. He's a tall good looking and personable gentleman but his skills are in the Bain Capital arena where he can tell people, "Either fix the problem or go find something else to do. In the political world where he's surrounded by many powerful people Romney's indecisive.

Define what you think qualifies someone for the political arena? Community activism?

Because Ive become a little flustered that many think it means they need to talk well, or look well. That they need to say all the right things then turn around and do nothing, the oposit or very little. As long as they are liked much like a american idol contestant.

I'd for once think we should consider hiring someone to do the job based on if they can make BIG decisions about finances, foreign policy and the actual managment of this country.

"As long as they are liked much like a american idol contestant."

BINGO!! Americans vote for people they like. Think Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, and George W. Bush. These people were someone you'd likely enjoy visiting with over lunch and not some big dinner extravaganza. Romney comes across as Mr. Plastic man, who comes from a different socioeconomic Dom Perignon and Lobster world.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Wait a minute now! The Romneys shop at Costco!

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/20/13989510-empty-chair-lynchings-anti-obama-protests-gone-too-far?lite

Slicef18 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

"As long as they are liked much like a american idol contestant."

BINGO!! Americans vote for people they like. Think Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, and George W. Bush. These people were someone you'd likely enjoy visiting with over lunch and not some big dinner extravaganza. Romney comes across as Mr. Plastic man, who comes from a different socioeconomic Dom Perignon and Lobster world.

Well maybe its time for Americans to grow up and stop thinking this is a game show.

The budget that bob posted was a perfect example. It reminded me of so many people ive known that have budgets just like that. Living on credit always trying to see who they can screw out of another dollar. Its a bad concept to push and can never work forever. It catches up with you, just like its catching up for this country.

I see absolutly nothing wrong with veiwing the president as a person who runs a large organization. The country has a budget, there are operation cost and expenses, there are benefits and then there is public relations ( foreign policy).

Personally if we are going to be run like a bussiness, I want to be run like a succesful one where the bottom line is not always in the red.

obama has been a miserable failure as a leader for this country. he cant run for a second term on his acheivments thats why we see all the attacks.

2seaoat

I do know what it takes to run this country. We had a candidate who had actually crafted balanced budgets and understood how government works and where we needed to focus to make improvements. Sure he angered the left appealing to the base with stupid......Sure he had an imperfect personal life........Sure he was arrogant and self serving......but he knew the government, and he would have taken office ready to fix problems. Romney using dark money destroyed this man, and fortunately in the general election moderate independents will flush him down......but in failing to put a legitimate fiscal conservative in the white house the election landslide will give a green light to hire more police, fire, and teachers.

Romney has been a huge mistake from day one, and anybody who thinks that putting this man in the White House is a solution for the current problems is simply suffering from cognitive deficits which cannot be breached by ordinary intelligent conversation. Fortunately, Americans are good people. They did not fall off the hay rack, and they can tell when somebody is sincere and caring. President Obama is going to win, now the only question will be is he going to take the Senate, and possibly the house at the rate Romney is exposing himself to the average American.....I think the house may be in play.......I would have taken a 100 to 1 bet 6 months ago on the house.....and I may lose that bet, because Romney is simply unhinged.

2seaoat wrote:I do know what it takes to run this country. We had a candidate who had actually crafted balanced budgets and understood how government works and where we needed to focus to make improvements. Sure he angered the left appealing to the base with stupid......Sure he had an imperfect personal life........Sure he was arrogant and self serving......but he knew the government, and he would have taken office ready to fix problems. Romney using dark money destroyed this man, and fortunately in the general election moderate independents will flush him down......but in failing to put a legitimate fiscal conservative in the white house the election landslide will give a green light to hire more police, fire, and teachers.

Romney has been a huge mistake from day one, and anybody who thinks that putting this man in the White House is a solution for the current problems is simply suffering from cognitive deficits which cannot be breached by ordinary intelligent conversation. Fortunately, Americans are good people. They did not fall off the hay rack, and they can tell when somebody is sincere and caring. President Obama is going to win, now the only question will be is he going to take the Senate, and possibly the house at the rate Romney is exposing himself to the average American.....I think the house may be in play.......I would have taken a 100 to 1 bet 6 months ago on the house.....and I may lose that bet, because Romney is simply unhinged.

You're a Wise Man..
I just hope you're right about that dang ballpark too.. Smile

2seaoat wrote:I do know what it takes to run this country. We had a candidate who had actually crafted balanced budgets and understood how government works and where we needed to focus to make improvements. Sure he angered the left appealing to the base with stupid......Sure he had an imperfect personal life........Sure he was arrogant and self serving......but he knew the government, and he would have taken office ready to fix problems. Romney using dark money destroyed this man, and fortunately in the general election moderate independents will flush him down......but in failing to put a legitimate fiscal conservative in the white house the election landslide will give a green light to hire more police, fire, and teachers.

Hey I liked newt. still do.

but the facts are is obama is a terrible disaster and must go.

you are severly double standard as most liberals are. You have no problems pointing out the life of romney and its faults, but not once do I see you talking about the life and associations of obama which is the most outragous of all. Because had a republican had half of what "little"we do know about obama he would never have touched the whitehouse lawn.

2seaoat

but the facts are is obama is a terrible disaster and must go.

Why? Romney has admitted in the next four years he good not balance the budget because it would crash the economy. Obama is not going to do anything over the next four years unless he is willing to moderate to the middle. Republicans could have taken the senate and the house and instead of being the party of no.....could have taken a legislative initiative to put in place long term solutions which will have to include putting revenues back on the table. We need to realize that compromise and common sense is far more important than dogma and hateful cults of personality. Yes, I think Romney is bad for America.....but if he were to win would he be able to compromise.....no I think he has an agenda for the wealthy......

However, Obama was like a naive kid thinking that he could be liked and work to do the right thing for this country....he got smacked around like he plays his soft basketball game.....but in a second term....I think he will have the strength to tell the far left and the far right to go stick their heads where the sun does not shine....America is going to come first, and we are going to tackle some of the big problems. I will tell you this......we need military cuts....plain and simple.....and I personally think the two county area is going to get hammered under Obama making those cuts, it will adversely impact my property values, and hurt me individually, but the choice is right for America. If Romney goes after Iran and commits us to 10 years of more war....the two county area will remain busy......but America will be doomed. So, I just do not think Obama is going spend like a drunken sailor his second term, and if anything I think he is going to politically punish the panhandle.....mark my word.....there will be retribution through BRAC decisions.......

2seaoat wrote:but the facts are is obama is a terrible disaster and must go.

Why? Romney has admitted in the next four years he good not balance the budget because it would crash the economy. Obama is not going to do anything over the next four years unless he is willing to moderate to the middle. Republicans could have taken the senate and the house and instead of being the party of no.....could have taken a legislative initiative to put in place long term solutions which will have to include putting revenues back on the table. We need to realize that compromise and common sense is far more important than dogma and hateful cults of personality. Yes, I think Romney is bad for America.....but if he were to win would he be able to compromise.....no I think he has an agenda for the wealthy......

However, Obama was like a naive kid thinking that he could be liked and work to do the right thing for this country....he got smacked around like he plays his soft basketball game.....but in a second term....I think he will have the strength to tell the far left and the far right to go stick their heads where the sun does not shine....America is going to come first, and we are going to tackle some of the big problems. I will tell you this......we need military cuts....plain and simple.....and I personally think the two county area is going to get hammered under Obama making those cuts, it will adversely impact my property values, and hurt me individually, but the choice is right for America. If Romney goes after Iran and commits us to 10 years of more war....the two county area will remain busy......but America will be doomed. So, I just do not think Obama is going spend like a drunken sailor his second term, and if anything I think he is going to politically punish the panhandle.....mark my word.....there will be retribution through BRAC decisions.......

Im not sure how you can be so delusional about obama. He is NOT anti war if you havnt noticed. He's got us in a big mess all over the world.

and I dont know where you get that he said he wouldnt balance the budget. Please provide a link.

and as far as budgets go, I am absolutly sure beyond any shadow of a doubt that romney can handle a budget better than obama has or ever will.

and the regulations coming in obamas second term are outrageous. He wont have to worry about getting re-elected and its a scary thought considering all the bullshit hes done and gotten away due media love afair.

You can put all your eggs in one basket that you think obama has this election in the bag. But I am not.

This country can not take 4 more years of the american idol president.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum