Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't want to be an American Idiot

+2
polecat
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

polecat

polecat

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

polecat wrote:

all too true...

2seaoat

Sal

Sal

Needs more cowbell ....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Don't want to be an American Idiot DR20131113a

The keynesian recovery... fake ass shit... unless youre an indoctrinated economist.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:The keynesian recovery... fake ass shit... unless youre an indoctrinated economist.

The status quo is suicide....It cannot mathematically continue....the parasites have overwhelmed the host...The seed crop has been eaten...

Probably the biggest transfer of wealth in history... right under the nose of the guy leftists think has their back.

Silly comrades.

2seaoat

The status quo is suicide....It cannot mathematically continue....the parasites have overwhelmed the host...The seed crop has been eaten...

More peddling of fear. People hunkered down in their castles of ME, with creature comforts and money being their Gods. I live in the most beautiful community in America surrounded by the richest farm fields in the world. Bumper crops fill huge storage units that never existed thirty years ago on the individual farm as record farm productivity feeds the world. I find my community of small 1860 homes which still have outhouses in the backyard able to connect to the world, fight off cold and heat, drink potable water, have waste removed cleanly, have foods from all over the world at one stop, have medical miracles which never existed before my birth, have the ability to drive or fly anywhere, and most of all I see the children.....they are the future and they will grow and make this country stronger. I have lost most of my wealth, my health, but I will never lose my hope for this great nation, its people and the ideals for which this nation stands. It must be sad to be so beaten down and fearful. A coward dies a thousand deaths, and the wussification and cowardly fear of contemporary America with the doomsayers and fear mongers is comical to strong Americans. America is doing just fine, but a sad and dying generation of selfish babyboomers unable to cope with decline and death continue with their shrill whines seeking pity or confirmation of a fantasy world which never existed.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You best illustrate how we got in this horrendous position economically .  Warfare and welfare has exhausted the treasury.  Our country will pay for its excesses. To everything there is a time and a purpose.  It's time to pay.

You remind me of the old joke where the woman asks the bank how can I be overdrawn I still have checks.

2seaoat

This nation has NEVER been this wealthy or productive. Our natural resource and our people meld into a powerful economic engine which you think is defined by debt. You and PK need to fill your personal voids and quit projecting this false narrative of pessimistic futures......my personal future is grim, but America's future is brilliant and exciting. Both PK and T need to find somebody in their life who they can share their good hearts and kind souls and move on from the dark places which occupy their current void, and just maybe start working to improve this world by becoming involved in your community to make our world just a little better than we found it. Small steps.......and problems do not look as big or impossible to solve.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thanks for the kind words but I just want to occupy reality. I can see the train coming and the economy is stalled on the tracks out of gas and the fed can't push it off this time. It will be a magnificent crash and I hope the young can put it all back together better and more checked and balanced than ever.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You best illustrate how we got in this horrendous position economically .  Warfare and welfare has exhausted the treasury.  Our country will pay for its excesses. To everything there is a time and a purpose.  It's time to pay.

You remind me of the old joke where the woman asks the bank how can I be overdrawn I still have checks.  

That actually happened to me...when I worked at a bank in Corpus Christi. The woman was concerned about her son's account...and those were her exact words. It was all I could do to keep a straight face. Yes...there are such people.

And while my mind is on this subject and I may be preaching to the choir here, it's important in this age of plastic to always get a receipt and keep all your receipts. I notice this at gas pumps. I also saw a news report on gift cards...how it's easy for scammers to prerecord gift card numbers and then siphon off the value of the card in your possession. If you receive a gift card, spend it...do not save it for future use.

2seaoat

My wife and I shacked up in college. We lived in an apartment one summer which did not have a bathroom......it was down the hall. We had no money as I worked breaking pottery about 25 hours a week getting minimum wage and went to my classes full time. It was a really big deal for us to go to the Chinese restaurant and splurge on their lunch special. My car was broken, and we had to walk to classes, work, and have friends drive where we could not walk. We were young and incredibly optimistic about the future and were happy in our absence of material things. It was the hippie days so my warn out clothes and shoes just looked like a styling statement. My wife's parents had given her a new oldsmobile after her freshman year in college. I refused to ride in its white leather seats and fancy pants rims because I told her she did not earn that car. I would drive her around in this old chevy beater which did not work half the time. I was a strange duck and did not have much use for spoiled wealthy women who thought life was superficial beauty, but her intelligence, her art, and that asz simply changed my rules, but my point is we were never happier without material things. This nation will never be poor in comparison to the world. Poor is a state of mind. I was the richest man in the world and young and full of energy. Our young people are no different. This nation is great. Do not let the fear mongers scare us. Do not let them lead us to war. Do not think that happiness is a new oldsmobile......kinda impossible today, but it always is an illusion of happiness. This nation will only get better.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:Needs more cowbell ....

Laughing Laughing

Never question the Bruce Dickinson. Laughing

2seaoat

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dying empire....

2seaoat

Dying empire....

Of hate and fear.....the times are changin.......and I celebrate the dying of the old racist hateful ways, as soon our immigrants will be given a path to citizenship, our Muslim brothers will celebrate their freedom and modernity of America, and a black man could be President......those who were last will soon be first, and your appraisal of the change being bad is your perspective, but for the vast majority of Americans the changin has been incredibly good.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah your daughter will look good in a burka...she's probably worth a goat or two..if she can cook..

2seaoat

The chance of that happening is equal to my daughter winning the lottery, and being appointed as the Ambassador to England. Boo

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:The chance of that happening is equal to my daughter winning the lottery, and being appointed as the Ambassador to England.  Boo

Ah so she can't cook.....too bad.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The chance of that happening is equal to my daughter winning the lottery, and being appointed as the Ambassador to England.  Boo

That is incredibly cheap behavior, even coming from you. I agree with whoever said you have a real problem with women...as in respecting them.

2seaoat

Her husband enjoys cooking and does the majority of meals for the family. He is a big guy who played college baseball and was scouted for the majors, but he has always enjoyed cooking and takes pleasure in the same......your 1950 world is crumbling around you and you seem bitter with modernity and the independent strong women who seem to intimidate you.

My wife cooks rarely, but enjoys it when she does.....a wonderful Christmas quiche this morning which was a very pleasant surprise. Women today pretty much are free human beings who have broken away from your fantasy world which extends from government to women being property of their husband. I think your daughter needs to reverse roles and give you some training.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum