Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dearborn Muslims Protested ISIS...

+2
EmeraldGhost
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://nymag.com/following/2015/12/dearborn-muslims-protested-isis-and-then.html

"Last night, a Facebook correspondent messaged me an alarming note: “Hey Jesse, thought you might be interested in what's not being reported in the news. This is Dearborn, Michigan, right after the terrorist attack in California. What flags do you see flying here?” The link was to this Facebook post, a photo of what appeared to be a procession of flag-bearing people marching down a street on a gray day, though they’re mostly obscured by cars, so you can’t really tell what’s going on, with scary text reading, "This is Dearborn Michigan after the radical Islamic attack in California ! These are Isis flags and Isis supporters folks but the media has not reported because of politically correctness.” It had been shared almost 3,700 times, and I also found a tweet with the same photo that had been retweeted more than 1,300 times..."

[...]

So, to recap: American Muslims in Dearborn banded together to vocally and visibly protest ISIS, and within a week and a half, parts of the right-wing internet were circulating a photo of this demonstration as proof that American Muslims in Dearborn were openly supporting ISIS.

This is what happens when the conversation about a minority group flies completely off the rails."

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote:
... So, to recap: American Muslims in Dearborn banded together to vocally and visibly protest ISIS, ...

They sure did!

A whole fifty of them Rolling Eyes

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/a-grand-total-of-50-muslims-in-michigan-condemn-isis/2014/08/29/ wrote:Muslim leaders in Dearborn, Michigan staged a City Hall protest against the Islamic State (ISIS) this week, but only 50 Muslims showed up. That works out to around .02 percent of the state’s estimated Muslim population.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Islam is a hateful misogynistic barbarian religion that is antithetical to Western culture & values. They are only moderate when they are in the minority within a society. We don't need any more of 'em in this country. Period.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I can't even tell what's going on in that video. But I know that the video going around (I saw it on FB today) purports to be a video of Muslims supporting ISIS, when in fact it's Muslims PROTESTING ISIS. I have known people from the Middle East since the late 60's. Many of them were exchange students in the Engineering program. I have never known any person from that part of the world who scared me in any way. I do, however, know many people...some on this forum...who make me want to lock my doors. ISIS is no more religious than George W Bush was when he started this conflagration in Afghanistan and Iraq...all the while doing business with the Saudis and benefiting from the spoils of war. None of this would be happening if it weren't for Bush.

Markle

Markle

SOME here believe that the concern over ISIS is unfounded and foolish.

Shocking New Study Reveals Just How Many Muslims Support ISIS (And It’s Frightening)

This isn't the first time a study seemed to show that Muslims agree with or lean toward Islamic extremism.

Warner Todd Huston July 3, 2015 at 11:46am

Yet another poll of “regular” Muslims seems to show that a shockingly high number actually agree with Muslim extremism. This time, a poll finds that a whopping 42 million support the creation of a worldwide caliphate, an Islamic order that would outlaw all other religions.

Many non-Muslims console themselves with the assumption that “most Muslims” don’t support extremism or terrorism. But nearly every time a poll is taken, this notion that Muslims stand four square against extremism is shot down.

According to Ryan Mauro of the Clarion Project, this new study should serve as a warning about Muslim extremism. With these results, “ISIS is only a fraction of what it could potentially become,” Mauro said.

"If we don’t act quickly, this is still going to grow,” he continued, “and what we’re looking at today is going to look like the good old days compared to the future.”

This isn’t the first time a study seemed to show that Muslims agree with or lean toward Islamic extremism.

A recent study of British Muslims found that fully a third felt that the British government was at fault for the radicalization of young Muslims, not Islam, not ISIS, and not al Qaeda.

[...]

http://www.westernjournalism.com/shocking-new-study-reveals-just-how-many-muslims-support-isis-and-its-frightening/

I could not get past "a Facebook correspondent."

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:http://www.westernjournalism.com/shocking-new-study-reveals-just-how-many-muslims-support-isis-and-its-frightening/

A wingnut blog from no where......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

VectorMan

VectorMan

SheWrites wrote:I could not get past "a Facebook correspondent."

That was funny. LOL

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:Islam is a hateful misogynistic barbarian religion that is antithetical to Western culture & values.    They are only moderate when they are in the minority within a society.  We don't need any more of 'em in this country.  Period.

This is true for religion in general.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum