Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surprisingly GOOD NEWS! Bowe Bergdahl faces desertion charge in court martial for walking off post

+4
Vikingwoman
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Surprisingly GOOD NEWS!

Bowe Bergdahl faces desertion charge in court martial for walking off post in case featured on ‘Serial’ podcast
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Monday, December 14, 2015

WASHINGTON — Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will face charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy in a general court-martial, said an attorney for the captured soldier who was released by the Taliban in exchange for five detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

Attorney Eugene Fidell said Monday the convening authority — a high-ranking officer charged with deciding whether evidence warrants a court-martial — did not follow the advice of a preliminary hearing officer. The officer had recommended that Bergdahl’s case be moved to a special misdemeanor-level military court.

Fidell said he had “hoped the case would not go in this direction.”

[...]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bowe-bergdahl-faces-desertion-charge-court-martial-article-1.2465675

The maximum penalty for these charges is LIFE IN PRISON.

In obamaworld... Desertion is "served with honor and distinction". I swear this administration is assbackwards.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

He needs to say it was the little girl in him made him do it. She was looking for a strong male figure and then get a sex change...instant honorable discharge....

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:Surprisingly GOOD NEWS!

Bowe Bergdahl faces desertion charge in court martial for walking off post in case featured on ‘Serial’ podcast

WASHINGTON — Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will face charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy in a general court-martial, said an attorney for the captured soldier who was released by the Taliban in exchange for five detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

Attorney Eugene Fidell said Monday the convening authority — a high-ranking officer charged with deciding whether evidence warrants a court-martial — did not follow the advice of a preliminary hearing officer. The officer had recommended that Bergdahl’s case be moved to a special misdemeanor-level military court.

[...]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bowe-bergdahl-faces-desertion-charge-court-martial-article-1.2465675

Good.

The system works.

Too bad you traitorous, seditious assholes hate the system so much.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:
Markle wrote:Surprisingly GOOD NEWS!

[...]

Good.

The system works.

Too bad you traitorous, seditious assholes hate the system so much.  

Surprisingly GOOD NEWS!  Bowe Bergdahl faces desertion charge in court martial for walking off post Socratestoo

Vikingwoman

What's wrong w/ you people wanting a human being to suffer endlessly? He walked off post. Ok- he was tortured and starved for 5 years. How much punishment does someone have to suffer before it's enough? This is a sick world full of hate.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah Hillary broke hundreds of laws and got lotsa people killed in the process and never got so much as a perp walk, so what does it matter if they punish this peon ?

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:What's wrong w/ you people wanting a human being to suffer endlessly?  He walked off post. Ok- he was tortured and starved for 5 years. How much punishment does someone have to suffer before it's enough? This is a sick world full of hate.

He made the choice to desert his outfit costing the lives of men searching for him. Talk to their families and loved ones.

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will face charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy in a general court-martial.

Why do you hate those families and their children so much? Why are you so filled with hate.

Why is it that Progressives always so earnestly try to turn the criminal into a victim?

Vikingwoman

There were no lives lost because of Bergdahl. Why do you persist in lying about everything? I thought you professed to be a Christian?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah Hillary broke hundreds of laws and got lotsa people killed in the process and never got so much as a perp walk, so what does it matter if they punish this peon ?

It's easy to claim something's true. Where are the examples of Hillary breaking any laws and/or getting people killed?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The haters have seized on Bergdahl as a scapegoat for the misbegotten wars of the Bush administration. The absolute glee over his trial is sickening.

Sal

Sal

I have no problem with the prosecution.

What was really obscene was the suggestion that he should have been left in captivity with the enemy.

The same assholes who drape themselves with the flag and brag about how much they "support the troops" turning around and insisting some troops don't deserve to come home at all.

That's sickening.

He made the choice... he deserted. I could see trading one potato peeler or latrine technician for him.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:In obamaworld... Desertion is "served with honor and distinction". I swear this administration is assbackwards.

Seems that way.....lots of jackassery

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
The haters have seized on Bergdahl as a scapegoat for the misbegotten wars of the Bush administration.  The absolute glee over his trial is sickening.  

You are so full of shit.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Let's see. Markle, PkrBum, TEO, and Joani. Yep. I think that's it.

Ahem. You all miserable shitbags of human beings.

And I mean that with the utmost sincerity. Seriously.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:Let's see.  Markle, PkrBum, TEO, and Joani.  Yep.  I think that's it.

Ahem.  You all miserable shitbags of human beings.  

And I mean that with the utmost sincerity.  Seriously.

Thank you that means a lot coming from the lord high shitbag...we're not , like worthy

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:There were no lives lost because of Bergdahl. Why do you persist in lying about everything? I thought you professed to be a Christian?

You REALLY need to at least glance at something other than your far left Progressive sites for your news.

List ANYTHING about which I have lied. Come on, step up, show off for us.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:I have no problem with the prosecution.

What was really obscene was the suggestion that he should have been left in captivity with the enemy.

The same assholes who drape themselves with the flag and brag about how much they "support the troops" turning around and insisting some troops don't deserve to come home at all.

That's sickening.

He gave up being an American troop when he deserted and chose to give support to the enemy.

desertion

See definition in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary

Military The action of illegally leaving the armed forces:
three officers were shot for desertion

These are the charges.

The U.S. Army Forces Command charged Bergdahl on March 25 with "desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty" and "misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place."

These are deadly serious charges which cost the lives of his fellow soldiers. My only regret is that the death penalty is not on the table. I would eagerly serve on the firing squad.

To have traded a deserter for five of the top al Qaeda terrorist leaders is criminal. One of the released terrorists has already rejoined his leadership role and is intent on killing more Americans.

How would you explain to the relatives and loved ones of those killed searching for Bergdahl and for those killed, down the road, by those high ranking terrorists released by semi-relative President was a grand idea.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Let's see.  Markle, PkrBum, TEO, and Joani.  Yep.  I think that's it.

Lol...feel better?

I can see where you would have feelings for a traitor that walked away from his post.

Vikingwoman

Boards is right. Bergdahl wasn't a traitor. He was a misguided young man who wanted to bring attention to what was going on over there like killing innocent people and running over children w/ tanks. If anything he was more decent than any of you who never even bothered to find out the real truth. He never aided the enemy and the Army determined no one was killed because of him. It's all bullshit you want to believe because you're all dishonest hate mongering maggots that parade as human beings.

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:

Lol...feel better?

I can see where you would have feelings for a traitor that walked away from his post.

Where was he a traitor? He was a POW for 5 years tortured and starved. Do you not even have the decency to find out the truth before you condemn someone as a traitor? The Army hasn't charged him as a traitor. Why do you think you know more?

Vikingwoman

Markle wrote:
Salinsky wrote:I have no problem with the prosecution.

That's sickening.

He gave up being an American troop when he deserted and chose to give support to the enemy.

desertion

See definition in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary

Military The action of illegally leaving the armed forces:
three officers were shot for desertion

These are the charges.

The U.S. Army Forces Command charged Bergdahl on March 25 with "desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty" and "misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place."

These are deadly serious charges which cost the lives of his fellow soldiers.  My only regret is that the death penalty is not on the table.  I would eagerly serve on the firing squad.

To have traded a deserter for five of the top al Qaeda terrorist leaders is criminal.  One of the released terrorists has already rejoined his leadership role and is intent on killing more Americans.

How would you explain to the relatives and loved ones of those killed searching for Bergdahl and for those killed, down the road, by those high ranking terrorists released by semi-relative President was a grand idea.

Mr. Bethea wrote that of the six men killed in August and September, two died in a roadside bombing while on a reconnaissance mission, a third was shot during a search for a Taliban political leader and three others were killed while conducting patrols — two in an ambush and one who stepped on a mine.

He suggested some connection to Sergeant Bergdahl for several of the deaths, saying the Taliban leader and a village that was in the area of one of the patrols were “thought affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors.” He also said a village in the areas of the other patrol was “near the area where Bergdahl vanished.”

Still, those villages and insurgents were in the overall area of responsibility for the soldiers, and the logs make clear that the region was an insurgent hotbed. A log on May 21, 2009, for example, said it had historically been a “safe haven” for the Taliban.

A retired senior American military officer, who was briefed at the time on the search for Sergeant Bergdahl, said that even though soldiers were instructed to watch for signs of the missing American, they would have been conducting patrols and performing risky operations anyway.

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/06/were-six-soldiers-really-killed-because

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:Boards is right. Bergdahl wasn't a traitor. He was a misguided young man who wanted to bring attention to what was going on over there like killing innocent people and running over children w/ tanks. If anything he was more decent than any of you who never even bothered to find out the real truth. He never aided the enemy and the Army determined no one was killed because of him. It's all bullshit you want to believe because you're all dishonest hate mongering maggots that parade as human beings.

Surprisingly GOOD NEWS!  Bowe Bergdahl faces desertion charge in court martial for walking off post LOL_zpsrc5py0ql

Last edited by Markle on 12/16/2015, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Lol...feel better?

Where was he a traitor? He was a POW for 5 years tortured and starved. Do you not even have the decency to find out the truth before you condemn someone as a traitor? The Army hasn't charged him as a traitor. Why do you think you know more?

Because I read...other than the DailyKOS and The Nation. He also caused the deaths of several of his fellow soldiers.

He most certainly was NOT a POW, he was a deserter. Should have been shot instead of "honored" by semi-retired President Obama.

Guess we'll find out when he has his trial.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum