Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could somebody recommend a couple sports bars for NFL football viewing

+2
dumpcare
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I used to go to the bar restaurant on Navarre Beach by the bridge, but they changed their format. I am having trouble getting reception now that we put the new carpet in the rental home and moved some of the larger furnishings out which for whatever reason has made getting clear signals on the Network stations difficult. Any suggestions? I am not feeling very well and probably will miss the games, but I am hoping I can get out Sunday afternoon. I am watching Mary Poppins on ABC and I am ready to blow my brains out while following the NBA scores on line.

dumpcare

Sidelines on pensacola beach

boards of FL

boards of FL

Buffalo Wild Wings if you want a lively atmosphere of people in jerseys who are really into the games (sit it the hi-top bar area). If that's not your thing, go next door to Mellow Mushroom and sit either at the bar or in the hi-top bar area if the bar seats are taken.

Oddly enough, the wings are actually better at the pizza place than at the wing place.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sidelines...with HoneyHot eings.

2seaoat

I had to work with the rain coming. Spread the grass seed and have a great seed rain today. I would have only been angry to see the Bears lose to the Redskins. Robbie Gould has been the second most consistent kicker in the last eight years, and they switch long snappers and he has single handed lost three games this year with missed field goals. That is something I would have bet a million dollars on at the beginning of the year that Gould would lose three games because of missed field goals.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat....avoid the beach. The red tide is causing respiratory problems.

2seaoat

My wife and I are struggling breathing. I had pneumonia for a week and thought I was clear, but it is progressively getting worse, and the Lowes in Gulf Breeze is as close as I have gotten to the ocean, but I got wiped out by the red tide six years ago after lung surgery. I had watched local ABC coverage of the same, and will stay clear.....this not breathing is bad, and now my wife is struggling. She has a horrible allergy to pine pollen, but that usually does not get bad to March. I am going to have to take a breathing treatment tonight for the first time in five days.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:Seaoat....avoid the beach. The red tide is causing respiratory problems.

Very true . . . . . had a headache for three days nonstop!

RealLindaL

Won't have official readings from Florida Fish & Wildlife's site for a couple of days, but just as a direct personal observation I'm happy to report that the red tide at Pensacola Beach seems to have dissipated, largely if not completely.  The water has cleared up, and neither hubby nor I was coughing today despite biking along Ariola in close proximity, and including a trek over a dune crossover to stand and observe the beach renourishment project equipment moving into place.  Not to say it won't return, but for now the breathing is easy.

If anyone needs a sports bar again sometime I heartily agree with the Sidelines recommendation.   But never go on a Thursday evening, as it's cheapo wings day and the local kiddies all like to congregate there.  It's a zoo.

Seaoat, hope your (and your wife's) breathing has eased.  That's no fun.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Albutarol breathing treatment for your wife might help her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum