Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama, like Bush, makes it all worse ...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I extracted the following paragraph from one of the most brilliant articles I've read on our situation:

". . . Even though most American violence is unrelated to terrorists, the occasional, real terrorist act leverages the larger national distress disproportionately. The relentless, unprincipled, bigoted opposition to the current President has left the country with no coherent center, no rational government, no possibility of acting sensibly in a shared national interest, because there no longer is any shared national interest. This hollowed-out shell of a superpower is an easy target, promising mindless panic in the face of phantom dangers, and internecine, impotent quarreling over our real pathologies. . ."

The writer is talented and correct.  For a new, more targeted perspective, check out the whole piece ... I promise you'll be glad you did.

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/33948-focus-obama-like-bush-just-makes-it-all-worse

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum