Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

D.C. schools set new achievement targets for students by race and income

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Every public school in the United States has aimed for the same goal over the past decade: that all students be proficient in math and reading by 2014.

But that noble ambition, educators and experts almost universally agree, was never realistic. Now, in the District and many states, goals over the next five years tend to be lower for black, Hispanic and poor children than they are for white and Asian students, and in the District, they tend to be higher at schools in affluent areas than in poor neighborhoods. It’s a policy shift that strikes some parents as a form of prejudice.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/student-achievement-targets-vary-by-race-income-in-dc-and-many-states/2012/09/18/3b306568-fd13-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_story.html

I know. The progressives have nothing to say about this REGRESSIVE policy.

It appears the progressives are really the regressive ones.

They want to lower expectations for blacks, hispanics and poor. Sound like something from the past? It is.

Rogue wrote:I know. The progressives have nothing to say about this REGRESSIVE policy.

They want to lower expectations for blacks, hispanics and poor. Sound like something from the past? It is.

Makes total sense. They are basically saying minorities are inferior and are unable to learn so they will lower the stand to help them out. After all they can not admit that the public education system has totally failed these minority groups because well that just isn't possible.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

alecto wrote:
Rogue wrote:I know. The progressives have nothing to say about this REGRESSIVE policy.

Makes total sense. They are basically saying minorities are inferior and are unable to learn so they will lower the stand to help them out. After all they can not admit that the public education system has totally failed these minority groups because well that just isn't possible.

Hard to teach people that won't shut-up and pay attention. I have been told by reliable sources that teaching inner city children is like herding loud dangerous cats...

I find this racist and despicable. how is this going to help these children when they graduate?

are we going to go back to quotas too or where they lower the test at jobs as well?

This is opression for the rest of us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum