Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

“Thank You Veterans” Thank Them for What?

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
dumpcare
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/11/laurence-m-vance/thank-veterans/

It doesn’t seem to matter where the troops go, why they go, how long they stay, what they do when they get there, how much it costs to keep them there, how many innocent foreigners die because they went there, what physical and mental condition they will be in when they return, whether they will create more terrorists by going, whether whatever they accomplish is worth one drop of American blood, or whether they should go in the first place.

So again I ask: Thank them for what?

Should we thank them for creating more terrorists every time they maim and kill in some other country?.........

dumpcare

I just typed a whole page on a rant and did not post, but you hit the nail on the head.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

When we sanctify any idea, group or policy it then becomes that very thing we should most closely scrutinize and reevaluate .

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/11/laurence-m-vance/thank-veterans/

It doesn’t seem to matter where the troops go, why they go, how long they stay, what they do when they get there, how much it costs to keep them there, how many innocent foreigners die because they went there, what physical and mental condition they will be in when they return, whether they will create more terrorists by going, whether whatever they accomplish is worth one drop of American blood, or whether they should go in the first place.

Should we thank them for creating more terrorists every time they maim and kill in some other country?.........

You knowingly are leaving out the fact that had semi-retired President Obama followed the advice of his military advisers, we would not be in this SNAFU today.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/11/laurence-m-vance/thank-veterans/

You knowingly are leaving out the fact that had semi-retired President Obama followed the advice of his military advisers, we would not be in this SNAFU today.

You mean his Zionist advisers. Obama dumped a whole bunch of upper brass into the trash can when they wouldn't go along...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You mean his Zionist advisers.

The first SNAFU was the 2003 invasion. The worst foreign policy screw-up in the previous 100 years. Bush's Zionist advisors were advisors of the worst kind. They were all chickenhawks too, since they had avoided the draft during the Vietnam War--and were hopping ready to start a new war in 2003.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Markle wrote:

You mean his Zionist advisers. Obama dumped a whole bunch of upper brass  into the trash can when they wouldn't go along...

He also omits the consequences of permanent occupation on the USA credit card and the blood of our treasured soldiers who should be used only when our national security is at risk.

2seaoat

we would not be in this SNAFU today.

What SNAFU? To come to that conclusion one would have to believe the American withdrawal from the Middle East is a mistake. It is not. President Obama did not put our troops in the Middle East. He ran on the platform that he would remove America from the Middle East and you are one of the 20% who think perpetual war and American occupation is good for America. You lost the election. The only SNAFU is that we have not removed our military permanently from the Middle East.......Killing civilians and Killing American kids sounds like a SNAFU, and 80% of America agrees.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:we would not be in this SNAFU today.

What SNAFU?   To come to that conclusion one would have to believe the American withdrawal from the Middle East is a mistake.  It is not.  President Obama did not put our troops in the Middle East.  He ran on the platform that he would remove America from the Middle East and you are one of the 20% who think perpetual war and American occupation is good for America.  You lost the election.  The only SNAFU is that we have not removed our military permanently from the Middle East.......Killing civilians and Killing American kids sounds like a SNAFU, and 80% of America agrees.

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

Markle's propaganda isn't selling very well on this forum lately.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Another cheap shot at Obama by Semi-sane "I know NOSSING!" Markle ...

T, would you rather we spit upon them?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

SheWrites wrote:T, would you rather we spit upon them?

I didn't write the article.....it is telling you picked spit...that's exactly what my generation of heroes experienced. Troops are trained to be mindless units performing whatever duties they are tasked with....perhaps we could save the spit for politicians.

Of course it is my reference to how the military was treated returning from Vietnam. It was disgusting. Thankfully, somewhere along the line, the 60s generation decided that was not proper treatment and we had this huge swing the other direction in thanking our troops. As it should be. Hindsight is 20/20.

I will continue to say "thank you for your service" to anyone who serves our country. I do the same to LEOs and emergency workers.

Not sure who Lew Rockwell is but he sure appears to be a grump. But whatever he needs to do to have readership..........

2seaoat

I will continue to say "thank you for your service" to anyone who serves our country. I do the same to LEOs and emergency workers.

Gratitude for killing innocents....I agree with T who to save the spit for, but this worship of Leo and Military is the first step in the creation of a fascist state. I personally knew real heroes in World War II who fought to DEFEND this country. Exporting war is not admirable by any component of the same. My son's friends who went overseas in the military had no options. They were volunteer mercenaries as opposed to vets who served in WWII, Korea, or Viet Nam when young people were conscripted to serve this nation. No these expeditionary wars against this concept of terror should not be respected in any regard. Tens of thousands of American kids came back damaged. Many died defending Saudi Arabia where they have semi slaves serving them, yet we are supposed to thank our kids for serving their interests........I do not think so. I respect those who realize that their service was a mistake, and that war which kills innocents and where we invade another nation is a tragedy which has stained American history. To those who promote militarism and this false sense of patriotism to further promote war and larger budgets for the same are simply evil. They use those mercenaries as some sacred covenant with our founding fathers principles, like they link terror to the need to use military assets to stop the same. The link of the same creates obscene profits from the exporting of war, and that very respect and reverence for the military becomes the tool for the continuation of the same.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SheWrites wrote:Of course it is my reference to how the military was treated returning from Vietnam. It was disgusting.  Thankfully, somewhere along the line, the 60s generation decided that was not proper treatment and we had this huge swing the other direction in thanking our troops.  As it should be.  Hindsight is 20/20.  

I will continue to say "thank you for your service" to anyone who serves our country.  I do the same to LEOs and emergency workers.  

Not sure who Lew Rockwell is but he sure appears to be a grump.  But whatever he needs to do to have readership..........

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/ron-paul-and-the-racist-newsletters-fact-checker-biography/2011/12/21/gIQAKNiwBP_blog.html

2seaoat wrote:I will continue to say "thank you for your service" to anyone who serves our country. I do the same to LEOs and emergency workers.

Gratitude for killing innocents....I agree with T who to save the spit for, but this worship of Leo and Military is the first step in the creation of a fascist state.  I personally knew real heroes in World War II who fought to DEFEND this country.  Exporting war is not admirable by any component of the same.  My son's friends who went overseas in the military had no options.  They were volunteer mercenaries as opposed to vets who served in WWII, Korea, or Viet Nam when young people were conscripted to serve this nation.  No these expeditionary wars against this concept of terror should not be respected in any regard.  Tens of thousands of American kids came back damaged.  Many died defending Saudi Arabia where they have semi slaves serving them, yet we are supposed to thank our kids for serving their interests........I do not think so.  I respect those who realize that their service was a mistake, and that war which kills innocents and where we invade another nation is a tragedy which has stained American history.  To those who promote militarism and this false sense of patriotism to further promote war and larger budgets for the same are simply evil.  They use those mercenaries as some sacred covenant with our founding fathers principles, like they link terror to the need to use military assets to stop the same.  The link of the same creates obscene profits from the exporting of war, and that very respect and reverence for the military becomes the tool for the continuation of the same.  

You always go global, Eliteoat.

If you see a soldier today, possibly saying goodbye after the Thanksgiving weekend leave, would you not thank him for his/her service?

It's not a promotion of militarism or patriotism.  Only the realization that someone volunteers to be a part of a Constitutional mandate.

I thank the UPS and FedEx guys/gals for delivering my packages so I do not have to go out and fight Christmas shoppers.  Is there something inherently wrong with this too?

2seaoat

I have seen this false patriotism reach a fevered pitch. I see the commericals using this raising of people who are mercenaries to some kind of worship of false prophets. I am sorry. The football games today compared to twenty years ago have all this propaganda about the militiarization of America. With the token mercenary soldiers being held up to worship. They are American kids so of course I am concerned about them, but no more than the young man with a young family who goes to work every day on a CNC machine producing something for this country. Working hard and producing. The military produces nothing and sucks on the teat of government. The welfare for our military has now reached 6% of the budget which is exactly the same for the entire operation of our Government......fbi, cia, commerce,

We need the sanity of our founding fathers who knew the danger of a standing army on a democracy. The militarization of America, and the MIC which Ike clearly warned us has taken this country to an evil place. So patronizing evil begets evil. It is time for Americans to speak the truth. The Military is actually hurting America and not defending us from anything, but exposing us to long term danger. So please do not condemn me for loving the American kids who have foolishly been taken advantage of by the powerful of this world to commit unconscionable acts of horror and not giving a rat's tail about a standing army and the increasing dangers of the same on this country. You can worship the fed ex, mailman, or serviceman, but when it becomes manipulated and hurts America, you can join the insanity or work to bring sanity back to this nation. We do not have to be a militarized society and we must begin by cutting the defense budget, and hoping that American kids can once again become productive and not shills for evil.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:we would not be in this SNAFU today.

What SNAFU?   To come to that conclusion one would have to believe the American withdrawal from the Middle East is a mistake.  It is not.  President Obama did not put our troops in the Middle East.  He ran on the platform that he would remove America from the Middle East and you are one of the 20% who think perpetual war and American occupation is good for America.  You lost the election.  The only SNAFU is that we have not removed our military permanently from the Middle East.......Killing civilians and Killing American kids sounds like a SNAFU, and 80% of America agrees.

Interesting note:  This forums' active vote on whether we should send our troops to fight against ISIS in Syria, shows that thus far, 100% of our forum voters are against sending troops to fight on the ground in the Mid East.  100%!  Fuck you Mr. Hannity, Mr. Drudge, Mr. Breitbart, Mr. Rubio, Mr. Cruz, Ms. Fiorina, Mr. Lindsay, Mr. McCain and Hillary.

The narrative, talkingpoint, propaganda that the right here support war like seagoat constantly advances...

is false. A classic strawman.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:The narrative, talkingpoint, propaganda that the right here support war like seagoat constantly advances...

Am I mistaken then? Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Lindsay, Christy and Bush haven't been advocating that we send troops to destroy ISIS? Trump has been saying that if he were elected, we would bomb the shit out of ISIS. You're saying the right here is against sending ground troops to fight ISIS. Explain please ..

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The narrative, talkingpoint, propaganda that the right here support war like seagoat constantly advances...

Am I mistaken then? Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Lindsay, Christy and Bush haven't been advocating that we send troops to destroy ISIS? Trump has been saying that if he were elected, we would bomb the shit out of ISIS. You're saying the right here is against sending ground troops to fight ISIS. Explain please ..

Who here supports an obama military intervention besides pace? Who are you referring to?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:

Am I mistaken then?  Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Lindsay, Christy and Bush haven't been advocating that we send troops to destroy ISIS?  Trump has been saying that if he were elected, we would bomb the shit out of ISIS.  You're saying the right here is against sending ground troops to fight ISIS.  Explain please ..

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t22811-should-we-enter-another-elective-war-in-the-middle-east

2seaoat

Pk has been consistent for years that we should have never invaded Iraq. His only mistake is that I have never painted him with that brush. He is not a Neocon. The Neocons are not exclusive to one party, but clearly they are a majority of one party. Rand Paul is in that party and has the courage to openly question the insanity. For that, he was pounded on by every Republican candidate for President. Hillary is wolf in sheepskin in regard to the pretending not to be a neocon, and I am thankful that President Obama beat her in the primary. However, I think serving as SOS has grown her perspective, but my fear of her candidacy is that she is deeply ingrained in the status quo, and may revert to political expediency rather than deeply held beliefs. .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum