Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey is not helping

+8
TEOTWAWKI
EmeraldGhost
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
gatorfan
Sal
dumpcare
2seaoat
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Turkey is not helping Empty Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 10:08 am

2seaoat

Since the beginning the Turks like the Saudis have their own agenda. They have been bombing kurds, they have been supporting groups to attack the Syrian Government like the Israelis and Saudis, and now they are shooting down planes over their air space. Into this insanity, some Americans think that America can deal with ISIS when in fact a fellow NATO nation may be tacitly supporting the same........The US needs to cut and run. Let the mess we created by invading Iraq burn itself out, because our continued stoking of the fire will never work.

2Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 10:17 am

dumpcare

They finally did it. They were threatening to shoot down Russian jets that invaded their airspace back in 68.

The pilot's ejected over Syria but were shot dead upon hitting the ground.

3Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 12:55 pm

Sal

Sal

We will now see if Putin is an absolute idiot or completely insane.

His moves to this point have already determined that he's neither smart nor a tactician.

4Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 1:23 pm

gatorfan

Salinsky wrote:We will now see if Putin is an absolute idiot or completely insane.

His moves to this point have already determined that he's neither smart nor a tactician.

Actually Putins "strategy" is not unlike Obamas. Neither one of them knows what to do with this tar baby, they just know it's a tar baby.

Obama needs to withdraw from the Mideast hot spots and let the directly involved countries solve their problems. We are the majority of the problem over there. Either don't interfere at all or go all in - Obamas timid approach has only made things worse since the moderate elements know they can't trust the U.S. while the fanatical elements laugh at us and our equally weak-kneed "allies".

5Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 2:42 pm

Sal

Sal

Actually, President Obama has done a pretty remarkable job of keeping us out of that tar baby.

He has so far resisted the clamor from the MIC, much of Congress, and most of the presidential candidates to put troops on the ground and/or enforce a no-fly zone over Syria.

Meanwhile, Russia has gotten itself into a confrontation with Turkey, without whose acquiescence they're going to have one hell of a time resupplying their bases in Syria, and simultaneously the Ukraine and Crimean Peninsula are percolating nicely.

Putin has shot Russia in both feet, and critics are bitching about Obama's leadership because he's keeping our powder dry.

6Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 4:23 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jesus,  what can you expect from a country with the name "Turkey".

7Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 5:52 pm

gatorfan

Salinsky wrote:Actually, President Obama has done a pretty remarkable job of keeping us out of that tar baby.

He has so far resisted the clamor from the MIC, much of Congress, and most of the presidential candidates to put troops on the ground and/or enforce a no-fly zone over Syria.

Meanwhile, Russia has gotten itself into a confrontation with Turkey, without whose acquiescence they're going to have one hell of a time resupplying their bases in Syria, and simultaneously the Ukraine and Crimean Peninsula are percolating nicely.

Putin has shot Russia in both feet, and critics are bitching about Obama's leadership because he's keeping our powder dry.

Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the "Obama Strategy". You know the one, salt around a few hundred ground troops here and there as pseudo-advisors while launching hundreds of air strikes along with specops missions. Don't forget the mega-million train the runaway rebel strategy. That's involvement and shooting "gunpowder" no matter how you choose to parse the situation.

8Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 5:55 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Actually, President Obama has done a pretty remarkable job of keeping us out of that tar baby.

Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the "Obama Strategy". You know the one, salt around a few hundred ground troops here and there as pseudo-advisors while launching hundreds of air strikes along with specops missions. Don't forget the mega-million train the runaway rebel strategy. That's involvement and shooting "gunpowder" no matter how you choose to parse  the situation.

This strategy that you have just described, would you prefer that or another war in the middle east?

9Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 6:17 pm

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the "Obama Strategy". You know the one, salt around a few hundred ground troops here and there as pseudo-advisors while launching hundreds of air strikes along with specops missions. Don't forget the mega-million train the runaway rebel strategy. That's involvement and shooting "gunpowder" no matter how you choose to parse  the situation.

This strategy that you have just described, would you prefer that or another war in the middle east?

If you had bothered reading the whole thread you would already know what I thought.

I repeat:

"Obama needs to withdraw from the Mideast hot spots and let the directly involved countries solve their problems."

You conveniently forgot that 3rd strategy Cherry Picker.

10Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 6:17 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Turkey has good reason to be sensitive/nervous about their border especially given all the goings on to the south of them the past 10, 15 years.

On the one hand there is an ethnic Turk population northern Syria for whom they have concern .... and on the other hand there are ethnic Kurds in southern Turkey who are agitating to be part of a new Kurdistan.

All parties would do well to take care to respect Turkey's airspace, just as we expect ours to be ... that's all I have to say about it.

11Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 6:21 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

YUP and when Turkey is directly supporting ISIS they need some excuse to attack someone, (Russia) that is destroying their buddies.

12Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 6:26 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

If you had bothered reading the whole thread you would already know what I thought.

I repeat:

"Obama needs to withdraw from the Mideast hot spots and let the directly involved countries solve their problems."

But assuming your two options are 1) the strategy that you just described and 2) another war in the middle east, which would you choose?

13Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 6:32 pm

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I repeat:

But assuming your two options are 1) the strategy that you just described and 2) another war in the middle east, which would you choose?

Explain, if you can, why your little selections are the only two options, I prefer to deal with reality and there is a third which I won't bother mentioning AGAIN. That is the option I would take (as is obvious to even the most casual observer but not you).

Keep bouncing your little ball.

14Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 6:39 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I repeat:

Explain, if you can, why your little selections are the only two options, I prefer to deal with reality and there is a third which I won't bother mentioning AGAIN. That is the option I would take (as is obvious to even the most casual observer but not you).

Because those are roughly the options available to us as voters at this point. The republican candidate will push for another war and the democratic candidate will push for something comparable to what we have now, more or less.

Which do you prefer? The strategy that you described in this thread or another war?

15Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 7:29 pm

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

We ARE at war in the Middle East. Among the few who don't know that is semi-retired President Obama.

We are on the brink of WW-III as President Obama waxes romantic at the joint news conference today with French President Hollande. The French President stands there in disbelief while President Obama tells of his second honey moon in Paris and how he had a photo on his nightstand of him kissing Michelle in the City of Nights.

Turkey downs a Russian jet flying over their airspace. France has an aircraft carrier off Syria and now Russia has sent a missile ship into position off Syria.

President Obama's solution, we will fight back with a Global Warming conference.

Meanwhile President Obama is either afraid, or realizes he doesn't have a clue as to what to do while the WORLD NEEDS A LEADER.

Anyone know of one?

16Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 7:44 pm

2seaoat

President Obama for the most part has followed a strategy I can support. What I cannot support is his inability to call out our so called allies who are making the situation worse. We are not at war. A military solution is the tar baby, and poor Mr. Markle does not get that.....but my criticism of the President is not having an honest discussion of who is behind this tragedy.

For six years we have heard nothing but bomb bomb Iran, yet it is the Iranians who with the Kurds are actually making progress against ISIS. The Iraqi government and the constitution which the prior administration drafted is toilet paper and largely responsible for the results today. No, we need to let the Saudis, Turkey, and Israel decide if their continued support of ISIS requires our response. Let them lie down in the bed they have made. Why is it our job to send American kids to die for intentional acts by our friends. With friends like this.....who needs enemies.

17Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 7:57 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:President Obama for the most part has followed a strategy I can support.  What I cannot support is his inability to call out our so called allies who are making the situation worse.   We are not at war.   A military solution is the tar baby, and poor Mr. Markle does not get that.....but my criticism of the President is not having an honest discussion of who is behind this tragedy.  

For six years we have heard nothing but bomb bomb Iran, yet it is the Iranians who with the Kurds are actually making progress against ISIS.  The Iraqi government and the constitution which the prior administration drafted is toilet paper and largely responsible for the results today.   No, we need to let the Saudis, Turkey, and Israel decide if their continued support of ISIS requires our response.   Let them lie down in the bed they have made.   Why is it our job to send American kids to die for intentional acts by our friends.   With friends like this.....who needs enemies.

MAJOR LIE.  Renders your vapid post, just that...empty.

Semi-retired President Obama has no strategy so how does one support...NOTHING?

Last edited by Markle on 11/26/2015, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

18Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 9:12 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

....the WORLD NEEDS A LEADER.....

I never realized that poster Markle wants a world government.

I personally do not want the United States to give-up any portion of its sovereignty to a global governing body.

Tyrants from across the ages have wanted to 'rule the world'.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

19Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 9:25 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I repeat:

Because those are roughly the options available to us as voters at this point.  The republican candidate will push for another war and the democratic candidate will push for something comparable to what we have now, more or less.  

Which do you prefer?  The strategy that you described in this thread or another war?

Neither.
I'd do what I said I'd do in posts here three years ago and ever since.

If I was President,  I would travel in person to the Al Jazeera studios in Qatar.  And I would deliver this message.
That starting tomorrow,  I will begin the process of removing all U.S. military assets and personnel from the entire Middle East with the exception of Israel and Saudi Arabia.
And I would pledge to learn from history and produce a sequel to the Manhattan Project with the goal of speeding up the complete elimination of our need for mideast oil and,  once that has happened,  it's sayonara to you Saudis too.

But I would tell them that I've read Trump's "Art of the Deal" and learned a thing or two about negotiatin.  And here's the negotiation and it's not negotiable.
From this day forward,  if anyone who harms an American asset or citizen is identified and located and think how fast it happened in Paris and that's those lousy frogs,  think about how fast I can find you.  From this day forward when identified and located,  you will be turned into a burned out cinder and so will everything in close range because I WILL NOT give a rat's ass about collateral damage and might even try to make it happen.

So there's the deal.  We stop fucking with you and you stop fucking with us.  And as I said,  it's non-negotiable.

20Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/24/2015, 10:54 pm

dumpcare

This gets complicated now:

The little-known group at the center of the Turkey-Russia crisis

The Turkish-backed ethnic Turkmen minority are probably the least well-known of all the groups fighting against the Assad regime in Syria. Reports that Turkmen may have killed the pilots who ejected from the Russian warplane Turkey shot down on Tuesday has put the spotlight on them, their relationship with Turkey, and their role in the Syrian civil war. To help better understand all of this, I called up Henri Barkey, the director of the Middle East program at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and an expert on Turkey. He explained how the Turks use the Turkmen as a political tool and offered his predictions about the likely reaction from the Russians.
What follows is a transcript of our discussion, lightly edited for clarity.

Read the link for the rest of the story.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-little-known-group-at-the-center-of-the-turkey-russia-crisis/ar-BBnoX1H?li=BBnb7Kz

21Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/25/2015, 10:28 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I repeat:

Because those are roughly the options available to us as voters at this point.  The republican candidate will push for another war and the democratic candidate will push for something comparable to what we have now, more or less.  

Which do you prefer?  The strategy that you described in this thread or another war?

Well? Do you not know which you prefer?

22Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/25/2015, 2:40 pm

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:....the WORLD NEEDS A LEADER.....

I personally do not want the United States to give-up any portion of its sovereignty to a global governing body.

Are you aware of the difference between LEADING the countries of the world and RULING the world?

No, I didn't think so.

23Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/25/2015, 2:48 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Are you aware of the difference between LEADING the countries of the world and RULING the world?

No, I didn't think so.

Enlighten us Semi-sane, just what are the differences between leading the countries of the world and ruling the world? Can't wait for your answer ...

24Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/25/2015, 2:56 pm

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

No, I didn't think so.

Enlighten us Semi-sane, just what are the differences between leading the countries of the world and ruling the world?  Can't wait for your answer ...

Sovereignty.

25Turkey is not helping Empty Re: Turkey is not helping 11/25/2015, 4:38 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:President Obama for the most part has followed a strategy I can support.  What I cannot support is his inability to call out our so called allies who are making the situation worse.   We are not at war.   A military solution is the tar baby, and poor Mr. Markle does not get that.....but my criticism of the President is not having an honest discussion of who is behind this tragedy.  

For six years we have heard nothing but bomb bomb Iran, yet it is the Iranians who with the Kurds are actually making progress against ISIS.  The Iraqi government and the constitution which the prior administration drafted is toilet paper and largely responsible for the results today.   No, we need to let the Saudis, Turkey, and Israel decide if their continued support of ISIS requires our response.   Let them lie down in the bed they have made.   Why is it our job to send American kids to die for intentional acts by our friends.   With friends like this.....who needs enemies.

MAJOR LIE.  Renders you empty post, just that...empty.

Semi-retired President Obama has no strategy so how does one support...NOTHING?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum