Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

German tank buried upside down in a bog pulled out...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat

I was talking to an old time Santa Rosa member of a family who has owned land in Santa Rosa since the 1850s, and we were talking about getting equipment stuck when working near water in the County. He told the story of a crane which was putting pilings in and excavating in the forties when the current Milton 90 bridge was being rebuilt. The crane started sinking and they could not get it unstuck after fighting all day, so they went home for the night. They came back the next day and the damn crane was almost entirely sunk with the boom showing and the top of the roof of the machine. By the next day the entire crane had disappeared. They sank poles down and figured the bottom of the crane went down forty feet in the muck, and that crane is still there.

I was asking him which way will they expand the bridge over the blackwater and he did not know, but we both guessed it will be on the south side.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Remarkably well-preserved after being submerged for decades. The tracks still rolled, too.

Very interesting!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

YATYAS

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Remarkably well-preserved after being submerged for decades. The tracks still rolled, too.

Very interesting!

I might've missed something... are you saying that it was recovered?

Markle

Markle

What's the point?

There must hundreds if not thousands buried in bogs, rivers and creeks throughout Europe an along the Eastern Nazi front with Russia.

Prior to the bitter winter the Nazi's encountered they faced torrential rains which the Nazi tanks could not traverse. Many bogs, creeks and rivers were much deeper or dropped off unexpectedly sinking the machine out of sight.

Worse, there are tens of thousands men, women and children buried all through the areas where the battles were fought.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum