Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this Boards...a modern man ?...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/fashion/mens-style/27-ways-to-be-a-modern-man.html?_r=3

16. The modern man lies on the side of the bed closer to the door. If an intruder gets in, he will try to fight him off, so that his wife has a chance to get away.

17. Does the modern man have a melon baller? What do you think? How else would the cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew he serves be so uniformly shaped?

18. The modern man has thought seriously about buying a shoehorn.

19. The modern man buys fresh flowers more to surprise his wife than to say he is sorry.

20. On occasion, the modern man is the little spoon. Some nights, when he is feeling down or vulnerable, he needs an emotional and physical shield.

25. The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn’t own one, and he never will.

26. The modern man cries. He cries often.

2seaoat

My wife always when we are traveling has me closer to the door. One time I asked her why, and she said in Bob fashion......the bad guys can get you first.....then smiled.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:My wife always when we are traveling has me closer to the door.  One time I asked her why, and she said in Bob fashion......the bad guys can get you first.....then smiled.

I sometimes used to travel with that asshole I traveled with last week.
One time in the past,  my snoring was bad and he made me sleep in the motel bathroom under the sink.

The moral to this story:  The bad guys are not always OUTSIDE the motel room.

2seaoat

Hold it bob.....you know you snore and you do not get a separate room to spare another. My golf buddies would have put you in the hallway. We had one snore meister in our foursome when we would travel and golf, as we usually would stay at someone's condo. I always took the couch, and everybody thought I was sacrificing, and somebody always would get stuck with Dave......well like clockwork somebody would be dragging their mattress out of the bedroom with Dave and sleeping on the floor. His wife finally made him get a CPAC machine, and his snoring stopped. No wonder the guy went crazy in MS...........sleeping in the same room with somebody who snores drives a person crazy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All this reminds me of something,  seaoat.  And it's a story you'll really want to hear.
Years ago when I used to travel to Chicago twice a year for the coin-op show,  someone else I knew (he's no longer with us) who lived over in Robertsdale, AL,  always traveled up to it with his wife too.

He drove a cargo van pulling a big enclosed trailer.  And the both of them ALWAYS slept in the van every night on the road,  including when in Chicago.  They never got a motel room.

This went on for years.  And since the fall show is in November,  sometimes it was freezing cold in Chicago.  He and the wife would carry about six inches of blankets with them and sleep in that van no matter how cold it was.

All the time I knew about this,  I assumed it was because the bastard was so damn cheap that he didn't want to pay for a motel room.   I always thought that to be so odd because we all knew he was a frigging millionaire.

So one time the curiousity was just too much for me,  and I asked him why in the hell do they do that.

And I'll never forget his answer as long as I live.  He said "we don't sleep in motel rooms because a n****r might have slept in the bed".

Totally true story.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: No wonder the guy went crazy in MS...........sleeping in the same room with somebody who snores drives a person crazy.

Nah,  I told him when he first asked me to take the trip with him that I would do it under one condition.  That he pay for two motel rooms because I wasn't going to sleep under a goddamn sink ever again.  Which he agreed to.
This time his craziness was not due to my snoring.  Not unless he could hear it through the wall.   lol

Under the sink??? Why not the bathtub? Shocked

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:Under the sink???  Why not the bathtub? Shocked

Excellent question.  I tried that first.  But if you ever try to sleep in a bathtub you'll find out the answer to that question like I did.  lol

Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Under the sink???  Why not the bathtub? Shocked

Excellent question.  I tried that first.  But if you ever try to sleep in a bathtub you'll find out the answer to that question like I did.  lol

I live a boring life, Bob. Laughing Laughing

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually I need to qualify that last answer.

The capacity for me to sleep in a bathtub or under the bathroom sink either one is directly correlated to the amount of liquor I consume beforehand.
In fact I remember taking the bottle of Seagrams into the bathroom with me and that turned out to be my sleeping pill. 

Hell,  a couple of years ago somebody brought me home blind drunk and carried me to a lawn chair on the patio.
The next thing I remember it was daylight and raining and that woke me up.
And when I woke up (or rather came to I guess) the first thing I saw was my bluetooth headset lying in a pool of water beside me.

2seaoat

You made this guy pay for your motel rooms.........I would have thrown you out the door then you would have had enough sense to go to the front desk and get another room. As to you riding to Chicago with racist, well you pick your friends and associates, and that is some crazy folks. You could have found them frozen in the morning. That is some irrational fear to sleep in a vehicle in November in Illinois.

Sal

Sal

I don't understand the OP.

Is this about Teo feeling emasculated again?

Buck up, T.

You'll be back on your feet, all dressed up in macho leather, and with your rumbling penile compensation between your legs again, in no time.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Salinsky wrote:I don't understand the OP.

Is this about Teo feeling emasculated again?

Buck up, T.

You'll be back on your feet, all dressed up in macho leather, and with your rumbling penile compensation between your legs again, in no time.

Yes that's me to a T....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"You made this guy pay for your motel rooms.........I would have thrown you out the door then you would have had enough sense to go to the front desk and get another room."

I didn't make anyone do anything.  He called me three months ago to tell me he would pay for the airplane ride up and the motel rooms on the way back if I would accompany him on driving the trip back down.  He didn't want to do the trip alone. 
I would not have taken the trip if I'd had to pay anything to do it.  Duluth was not on my bucket list.
BUT,  since I could see Duluth for free,  that is what made me want to do it.   Plus I hadn't been on a road trip since March.  I need to get outta dodge about twice a year.  Good for the soul.

"As to you riding to Chicago with racist"

I never rode anywhere with him,  Seaoat.  He was in the same racket and he lived in the county over.  So I found out about him and started doing business with him.  Then when he started going to the Chicago show too,  I would run into them up there as well.
We didn't travel together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum