Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

College Football: Ga Tech Stuffs FSU's Playoff Hopes

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

GA Tech: 22/'Noles: 16

And the announcer earlier in the game kept saying that because of the weak ACC conference, no 1-loss ACC team will make it to the 2015/2016 playoffs.

And the 'Noles still have to play a couple of ranked teams (Clemson and UF)--they have not played a ranked team this season, and were beaten by an unranked team today!

So GA Tech not only bagged Golson's first interception of the season, they beat FSU by causing a turnover in the last play of the game.

I would not want to be a 'Noles fan today.

The Clemson game should be a good one....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:GA Tech: 22/'Noles: 16

And the announcer earlier in the game kept saying that because of the weak ACC conference, no 1-loss ACC team will make it to the 2015/2016 playoffs.

And the 'Noles still have to play a couple of ranked teams (Clemson and UF)--they have not played a ranked team this season, and were beaten by an unranked team today!

So GA Tech not only bagged Golson's first interception of the season, they beat FSU by causing a turnover in the last play of the game.

Miami did not show up for the Clemson game. Oh well... #6 and 7-0 cheers Go Tigers! And some sports jughead said Clemson would not survive on the road. OK.... Rolling Eyes

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Here it is in living color. How Georgia Tech, an ACC creampuff with a 2-5 record going into the game, snuffed out any hope of FSU reaching the Final Four this year. This final play of the game will be remembered by both the winners and the losers for years to come.

I can't wait to see FSU play Clemson in two weeks. We will see how they fare when they play a ranked team instead of another creampuff.

All year FSU has been sleepwalking through the schedule. Too many folks that put on that
Jersey think that teams will roll over just because you have it on. Bobby Bowden gave a great speech about that around 17-18 years ago before the 2nd title was won. It took an eye opener like this to wake kids up back then and it needs to happen now or some schollies don't need to get renewed. Most people don't realize that about D1 scholarships...
They are year to year not all four years.
Bringing golson in was a mistake and I said as much in a couple of places and not sure if this was one of them. We had a kid who won his only start In a big time game with Jameis out last year and he gets stuck on the bench. Oh well, you can't win them all. Ask bama

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sad day for the Joani family.....I never saw it. I was focused on the uprights.

Need to get this team in shape. I'm not overly impressed with Golson.

Pretty lucky... but it's hard to complain when my spartans won just that way last week.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Pretty lucky... but it's hard to complain when my spartans won just that way last week.

It was a fantastic play.....just wish it was against another team.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:GA Tech: 22/'Noles: 16

Why?

If that's your attitude, you would not be a fan of anyone anyway and no one cares.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Why?

Because they're a bad football team. They're a really really bad football team.

I have been saying for several years now that Jimbo is simply not a good coach. FSU enjoyed brief success due to Winston, though in the absence of first round NFL talent at QB, Jimbo can't even coach his way out of the soft ACC.

FSU will wallow in mediocrity for the next 5-7 years until they fire Jimbo.

That is why I wouldn't want to be an FSU fan.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:

Because they're a bad football team.  They're a really really bad football team.  

I have been saying for several years now that Jimbo is simply not a good coach.  FSU enjoyed brief success due to Winston, though in the absence of first round NFL talent at QB, Jimbo can't even coach his way out of the soft ACC.  

FSU dropped 8 places to No. 17 in the Week 8 AP Poll. There is no hope for them to climb back into playoff contention--too many good teams ahead of them now. Clemson (currently #3) will likely take the Atlantic Division and the conference championship.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

Because they're a bad football team.  They're a really really bad football team.  

I have been saying for several years now that Jimbo is simply not a good coach.  FSU enjoyed brief success due to Winston, though in the absence of first round NFL talent at QB, Jimbo can't even coach his way out of the soft ACC.  

Perhaps one of your minions will reveal to you what a fan is of a sports team. Like your political views, you just wet your finger, stick it up...in the air and see which way the wind blows.

I was a FAN when I came here to Tallahassee, Darryl Mudra was coach and we went 0-10 the year before Bobby Bowden came to FSU.

If you think you're going to get a rise out of my by whining that Jimbo Fisher is a bad coach, go for it.

It simply continues to confirm you denial of FACTS and how foolish you look doing so.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

FSU dropped 8 places to No. 17 in the Week 8 AP Poll. There is no hope for them to climb back into playoff contention--too many good teams ahead of them now. Clemson (currently #3) will likely take the Atlantic Division and the conference championship.

YES! cheers cheers cheers #3

Markle

Markle

Maybe the whiners here will pay attention to the definition of "fan". NO WHERE does it say...only if they win.

How many college or professional head coaches would consider a 28 and 1 something of which to be proud.

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something or somebody, such as a band, a sports team, a genre, a book or an entertainer. Collectively, the fans of a particular object or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm in a variety of ways, such as by promoting the object of their interest, being members of a fan club, holding or participating in fan conventions, or writing fan mail. They may also engage in creative activities ("fan labor") such as creating fanzines, writing fan fiction, making memes or drawing fan art.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Perhaps one of your minions will reveal to you what a fan is of a sports team.  Like your political views, you just wet your finger, stick it up...in the air and see which way the wind blows.

I was a FAN when I came here to Tallahassee, Darryl Mudra was coach and we went 0-10 the year before Bobby Bowden came to FSU.

If you think you're going to get a rise out of my by whining that Jimbo Fisher is a bad coach, go for it.

It simply continues to confirm you denial of FACTS and how foolish you look doing so.

You're making a case against an argument that no one here has made. No one suggested that fans shouldn't continue to pull for their team even when they are terrible. They should. Z was just saying that these are dark days for FSU fans, and he is correct. They are.

Like I said, 5-7 years of mediocrity and then FSU will fire Jimbo.

Looking at the rest of this season, I have FSU losing to Syracuse, Clemson, NC State, and - of course - the Florida Gators. That would put them at 7-5 in an incredibly weak conference. Ouch.

Meanwhile, the Gators don't even have a QB and they're sniffing the top ten with one loss. Should the Gators win out, they're in the playoff. Just imagine what that team will be like in a few years with some recruiting. The future is bright.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Perhaps one of your minions will reveal to you what a fan is of a sports team.  Like your political views, you just wet your finger, stick it up...in the air and see which way the wind blows.

You're making a case against an argument that no one here has made.  No one suggested that fans shouldn't continue to pull for their team even when they are terrible.  They should.  Z was just saying that these are dark days for FSU fans, and he is correct.  They are.

Looking at the rest of this season, I have FSU losing to Syracuse, Clemson, NC State, and - of course - the Florida Gators.  That would put them at 7-5 in an incredibly weak conference.  Ouch.

Meanwhile, the Gators don't even have a QB and they're sniffing the top ten with one loss.  Should the Gators win out, they're in the playoff.  Just imagine what that team will be like in a few years with some recruiting.  The future is bright.

Really? FSU 45 Syracuse 21.

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You're making a case against an argument that no one here has made.  No one suggested that fans shouldn't continue to pull for their team even when they are terrible.  They should.  Z was just saying that these are dark days for FSU fans, and he is correct.  They are.

Looking at the rest of this season, I have FSU losing to Syracuse, Clemson, NC State, and - of course - the Florida Gators.  That would put them at 7-5 in an incredibly weak conference.  Ouch.

Meanwhile, the Gators don't even have a QB and they're sniffing the top ten with one loss.  Should the Gators win out, they're in the playoff.  Just imagine what that team will be like in a few years with some recruiting.  The future is bright.

Really? FSU 45 Syracuse 21.

Without their heisman candidate rb or their starting qb and center... and it wasn't even close. Fsu is much more talented.

cheers Clemson again!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

SheWrites wrote:cheers Clemson again!

Next week is a week with some big matchups. FSU goes to Clemson and plays a ranked team for a change (their first of the season). I will be rooting for Clemson.

Next, LSU plays Alabama in a classic SEC matchup.

A Thursday warmup might be Mississippi State at Missouri...

Meanwhile, UF is cruising toward a birth in the SEC championship game, and the annual showdown against the 'Noles, which will be played in Gainesville this year (that will be FSU's 2nd game against a ranked opponent this year, and should be a good game).

Plenty of good football remaining in this season!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
SheWrites wrote:cheers Clemson again!

Next week is a week with some big matchups. FSU goes to Clemson and plays a ranked team for a change (their first of the season). I will be rooting for Clemson.

Next, LSU plays Alabama in a classic SEC matchup.

A Thursday warmup might be Mississippi State at Missouri...

Meanwhile, UF is cruising toward a birth in the SEC championship game, and the annual showdown against the 'Noles, which will be played in Gainesville this year (that will be FSU's 2nd game against a ranked opponent this year, and should be a good game).

Plenty of good football remaining in this season!

What team is your team? All I hear from you is your dislike for FSU.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:What team is your team?   All I hear from you is your dislike for FSU.  

College Football: Ga Tech Stuffs FSU's Playoff Hopes 124208a

Only because during the mid-1990s I worked with some rabid and fanatical FSU alumni who would not quit talking about their former school's football team during football season. I noticed how depressed they were on Monday if FSU lost the previous Saturday, and how much they hated the UF Gators. I then became a Gators fan, and actually started following college football more closely than I ever did in my life before. The Monday after the 1997 National Championship game was a lot of fun at the office!

November 28 will be a good game. If Will Grier (QB) was not suspended, I suspect the game would be an FSU-rout. If Harris (QB) can play consistent that day, and the UF defense is as good as it was last Saturday against Georgia, even Dalvin Cook may be contained. We will just have to see, and I am sure we will discuss it. Good luck to your team....  ;-]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:What team is your team?   All I hear from you is your dislike for FSU.

The JUCO I got my AA degree from (out in California) had a football team, but the four year school I graduated from did not. I got my MS from UWF, and am totally excited about their embryonic football program. I see it becoming very popular and successful. It will rejuvenate the PNJ sports writers, and I hope games are televised on Blab, or that there will be a way to watch them, because I definitely will.

The fanbase is already developing, as has been seen by those showing up just to see the UWF team scrimmages.

I like to tease my daughter, also a UWF alumnus, who thinks it was wrong for Judy Bense to devote resources to a football program. I do remember chiding her into going to a Pine Forest football game one Friday evening back in 1999, (when she was a freshman) and afterward we went to several others that season (she would ask if we could go). The adults had more fun than the teens did at those games.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

College Football: Ga Tech Stuffs FSU's Playoff Hopes 124208a

Only because during the mid-1990s I worked with some rabid and fanatical FSU alumni who would not quit talking about their former school's football team during football season. I noticed how depressed they were on Monday if FSU lost the previous Saturday, and how much they hated the UF Gators. I then became a Gators fan, and actually started following college football more closely than I ever did in my life before. The Monday after the 1997 National Championship game was a lot of fun at the office!

November 28 will be a good game. If Will Grier (QB) was not suspended, I suspect the game would be an FSU-rout. If Harris (QB) can play consistent that day, and the UF defense is as good as it was last Saturday against Georgia, even Dalvin Cook may be contained. We will just have to see, and I am sure we will discuss it. Good luck to your team....  ;-]

LOL..I feel that way about Alabama fans.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Really?   FSU 45  Syracuse 21.

Without their heisman candidate rb or their starting qb and center... and it wasn't even close. Fsu is much more talented.

ZVUGKTUBM, BoardsofFL and the others know that. They just like to trash talk. If someone rises to the bait, it's been a good day.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:ZVUGKTUBM, BoardsofFL and the others know that.  They just like to trash talk.  If someone rises to the bait, it's been a good day.

That is kind of the way it is with your political propaganda, right Markle? Just throw shit out there and see if you can get the liberals to bite on it...... Its 'truthiness' never matters.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

BOARDSOFFL and ZVUGKTUBM proven wrong...again. FSU 27...U of F 2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum