Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New jobless claims are currently at a 42 year low

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=466641&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Jobless claims are pointing to very tight conditions on the unemployment side of the labor market with initial claims coming in at a lower-than-expected 259,000 in the October 17 week, just up from the prior week's near 42-year low of 256,000. The 4-week average is at a new 42-year low, down 2,000 to 263,250. The October 17 week was also the sample week for October employment report and a comparison with the sample week of the September employment report shows improvement, down 5,000 with the 4-week average down a more tangible 9,250.

Continuing claims, where reporting lags by a week, are very healthy, up 6,000 to 2.170 million but with the 4-week average down 18,000 to 2.185 million. The unemployment rate for insured workers remains very low at 1.6 percent.

As a share of the ever-increasing labor market, current levels of jobless claims may very well be at record lows. There are no special factors in today's report, one that points to a continued improvement for, if not hiring and payroll growth, at least for the unemployment rate.

New jobless claims are currently at a 42 year low Showimage

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Cause and effect..just not the cause you desire Boardsie.....no, Obama is not a great leader it's just that EBT cards hide the bread lines of yesterday.

http://www.housingwire.com/articles/33171-unemployment-rate-falls-as-all-time-high-number-drop-out-of-labor-force

Unemployment rate falls as all-time high number drop out of labor force

The national unemployment rate dropped to 5.5% due with the number of people dropping out of the labor force rising by 354,000 in February to a record 92,898,000, which is the highest number of Americans not in the labor force in history.

....he average workweek held steady at 34.6 hours, equaling expectations.

Yeah I know it's an older article but it's indicative of a trend that continues to have it's effect.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/03/declining-workforce-participation-is-obamas-greatest-achievement/

The Obama economy has created a perverse distortion of the “Unemployment Rate”
]because that widely-reported rate represents the percentage of the total workforce actively seeking employment but not able to find employment.

The more people who give up hope, and stop seeking employment, has the effect of lowering the “unemployment rate.” Here are some of our prior posts:

Obama jobs “recovery” nears completion as people leave workforce in droves
   Drop out nation
   Workers giving up hope keeps Obama’s reelection hopes alive
   Houdini Economics – Unemployment Rate Drops Sharply But Almost No New Jobs Created

And again today, with a seemingly strong jobs report, the “unemployment rate” dropped, but the number of those dropping out of the workforce also dropped.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah there's a correlation you don't seem to be able to grasp Boreds...

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah there's a correlation you don't seem to be able to grasp Boreds...

I understand the LPR fairly well.  Proof of that fact can be seen in the permanently stickied post at the top of this forum section.   I have tried, endlessly, to engage any of you on that discussion but none of you are capable.

All you're able to do is post a link to an article about the LPR and run.  Post a link.  Run.  Post a link.  Run.

Feel free to prove me wrong by going over to the stickied LPR thread and make your substantive contribution, Captain Goofy.

Or run.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah there's a correlation you don't seem to be able to grasp Boreds...

I understand the LPR fairly well.  Proof of that fact can be seen in the permanently stickied post at the top of this forum section.   I have tried, endlessly, to engage any of you on that discussion but none of you are capable.

All you're able to do is post a link to an article about the LPR and run.  Post a link.  Run.  Post a link.  Run.

Feel free to prove me wrong by going over to the stickied LPR thread and make your substantive contribution, Captain Goofy.

Or run.

Only in your own mind!

You are also afraid to tack a factual thread, posted by myself so your misinformation is all that is available.

After nearly seven years, just about everyone that can or will be unemployed, are already...unemployed. So the future is certain to level out.

Having reached record numbers of those who have dropped out of the Labor Participation Rate, year after year of record numbers of people on welfare and food stamps.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:You are also afraid to tack a factual thread, posted by myself so your misinformation is all that is available.

Which thread would that be? Can you link me to that thread?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:You are also afraid to tack a factual thread, posted by myself so your misinformation is all that is available.

Which thread would that be?  Can you link me to that thread?

Current U-6 Unemployment Rate is 9.6% (BLS) or 14.1% (Gallup)

Current U-6 Unemployment Rate:

U3 Unemployment vs U6 For September 2015 the official U-6 unemployment rate fell  from 10.3% in August to 9.6% in September. However, the independently produced Gallup equivalent called the “Underemployment Rate” only fell from  14.2% in August to 14.1% in September.

The current differential between Gallup and BLS on supposedly the same data is 4.5%! or roughly a 53% margin of error!

What is U-6?

U-6 is a broader measure of unemployment including discouraged workers and many consider U-6 to be”the Real Unemployment Rate” See: What is U-6 Unemployment? for the full definition of U-6 Unemployment.

As you can see from the chart below, the unadjusted U-6 unemployment rate was 15.2% in December 2011 and 14.4% in December 2012. By July it bounced up again to  15.2% and in October the U-6 miraculously fell back to 13.9% just in time for the election. But by January 2013 it was back to 15.4%. By January 2014 it was at 13.5% and by October 2014 it was down to the 11% range. In January 2015 it bounced back up to 12% but promptly returned to 10.4% by April.

Currently Gallup estimates it to be more like 14.1% as of September 2015.

Comparing U3 to U6

If you look at the chart below carefully you will see that the current (Unadjusted)  U-3 unemployment rate is 4.9% which is still above the U-3 rate from 2006-2008.

You may also notice that when unemployment rises the gap between U-3 and U-6 also rises. For instance, in October 2000, unemployment was at the lowest levels on this chart with U-3  at 3.6% and U-6 was at 6.3%. For a difference of only 2.7%.  But  at the peak of unemployment in January 2010 U-3 was at 10.6% but U-6 shot all the way up to 18% for a difference of 7.4%.

http://unemploymentdata.com/current-u6-unemployment-rate/

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Which thread would that be?  Can you link me to that thread?

Current U-6 Unemployment Rate is 9.6% (BLS) or 14.1% (Gallup)

Current U-6 Unemployment Rate:

U3 Unemployment vs U6 For September 2015 the official U-6 unemployment rate fell  from 10.3% in August to 9.6% in September. However, the independently produced Gallup equivalent called the “Underemployment Rate” only fell from  14.2% in August to 14.1% in September.

The current differential between Gallup and BLS on supposedly the same data is 4.5%! or roughly a 53% margin of error!

What is U-6?

U-6 is a broader measure of unemployment including discouraged workers and many consider U-6 to be”the Real Unemployment Rate” See: What is U-6 Unemployment? for the full definition of U-6 Unemployment.

As you can see from the chart below, the unadjusted U-6 unemployment rate was 15.2% in December 2011 and 14.4% in December 2012. By July it bounced up again to  15.2% and in October the U-6 miraculously fell back to 13.9% just in time for the election. But by January 2013 it was back to 15.4%. By January 2014 it was at 13.5% and by October 2014 it was down to the 11% range. In January 2015 it bounced back up to 12% but promptly returned to 10.4% by April.

Currently Gallup estimates it to be more like 14.1% as of September 2015.

Comparing U3 to U6

If you look at the chart below carefully you will see that the current (Unadjusted)  U-3 unemployment rate is 4.9% which is still above the U-3 rate from 2006-2008.

You may also notice that when unemployment rises the gap between U-3 and U-6 also rises. For instance, in October 2000, unemployment was at the lowest levels on this chart with U-3  at 3.6% and U-6 was at 6.3%. For a difference of only 2.7%.  But  at the peak of unemployment in January 2010 U-3 was at 10.6% but U-6 shot all the way up to 18% for a difference of 7.4%.

http://unemploymentdata.com/current-u6-unemployment-rate/

My response to you, that you ran away from, from the original thread:

boards of FL wrote:Yes, let's look at the U6 unemployment rate.

U6 when Bush took office:  7.3%
U6 when Bush left office: 14.2%

Putting that into words for our forum republicans, the U6 unemployment rate nearly doubled during the Bush era.

U6 when Obama took office: 14.2%
U6 as of September 2015: 10.0%

Putting that into words for our forum republicans, the U6 unemployment rate has plummeted nearly 30% during the Obama era.

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:

Or run.

Well what a surprise! Another republican posted a link about the LPR and then ran!

I didn't realize another five minutes had passed!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Or run.

Well what a surprise!  Another republican posted a link about the LPR and then ran!  

I didn't realize another five minutes had passed!

Nobodys running anywhere but to continue to try and convince you that what you believe is warped propaganda is a useless effort. You are blind and will not see...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum