Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biden Gets Off the Pot

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 12:26 pm

Sal

Sal

(CNN)Vice President Joe Biden ended months of intense speculation about his political future on Wednesday by announcing he wouldn't seek the presidency, abandoning a dream he's harbored for decades and putting Hillary Clinton in a stronger position to capture the Democratic nomination.

With President Barack Obama at his side in the White House Rose Garden, Biden said the window for a presidential campaign "has closed."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/21/politics/joe-biden-not-running-2016-election/index.html

2Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Re: Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 2:15 pm

Sal

Sal

The rationale for Clinton as the nominee is solidifying.

With her strong debate performance and rising poll numbers, Bernie supporters need to come to terms with this fact.

I like Bernie, but his campaign is becoming even more of a huge long shot.

The important thing is keeping a Republican out of the Oval Office.

3Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Re: Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 4:35 pm

Salinsky wrote:The rationale for Clinton as the nominee is solidifying.

With her strong debate performance and rising poll numbers, Bernie supporters need to come to terms with this fact.

I like Bernie, but his campaign is becoming even more of a huge long shot.

The important thing is keeping a Republican out of the Oval Office.

Keep dreaming. The time of big government is over. It has proven, through the failure of Obama as a leader, that big government cannot solve our problems.

Everyone I talk to, both Dem and GOP, believe Sanders won the debate hands-down. Of course the Clinton led MSM won't publish any of that regardless of how Cankles fails.

She is so far left now and making statements even further left than Bernie, that she will have a hard time painting herself as a centrist IF, and a BIG IF, she wins her nomination.

Be desperate all you want. I think by St Patty's Day she is gone from the race due to her inability to follow simple rules on safeguarding and storing classified info. If Petraeus is done, so is she.

4Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Re: Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 5:06 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:The time of big government is over.

Name ONE Republican president in your lifetime who didn't grow the government massively.....  You cannot...

Nixon: EPA/OSHA, numerous new environmental, safety, and other laws.
Ford: New environmental and other laws.
Reagan: Largest peacetime deficits to date (early-mid 80s); new environmental and other laws, greatly grows the military.
Bush41: Big deficits, new environmental and other laws.
Bush43: Bigger deficits than Clinton's, starts a whole new department (Homeland Security), grows Medicare, starts a new war.

Any new GOP president will be no different from those who came before; therefore, your premise is entirely laughable!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Re: Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 6:08 pm

Nixon- he actually said we are leaving Vietnan and it was carried out.

6Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Re: Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 6:08 pm

So you are against safety laws huh Z?

7Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Re: Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 6:09 pm

Obama has doubled the national debt and created the most of all presidents combined in his six years and 9 months of failure

8Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Re: Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 6:11 pm

Rand and carson have been clear that they would shrink govt and deficit... but then bush2 did too and even obama railed against the debt, nafta, and military interventions. I know that doesn't play well to partisan hacks... but I don't really give a damn.

9Biden Gets Off the Pot Empty Re: Biden Gets Off the Pot 10/21/2015, 8:03 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote: (CNN)Vice President Joe Biden ended months of intense speculation about his political future on Wednesday by announcing he wouldn't seek the presidency, abandoning a dream he's harbored for decades and putting Hillary Clinton in a stronger position to capture the Democratic nomination.

With President Barack Obama at his side in the White House Rose Garden, Biden said the window for a presidential campaign "has closed."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/21/politics/joe-biden-not-running-2016-election/index.html

No surprise. One look at his lovely, classy wife and you knew he couldn't run. I didn't watch the whole announcement but it was over in the first paragraph. I doubt that he mentioned his son, Beau Biden who passed away just over a year ago. One could read the pain and agony in her eyes and body language. I'm certain Joe feels much the same.

I have been blessed by never having lost a son or daughter. My parents had to wonder if I would escape youth alive. Like all of us I have friends who have lost children and whether by accident or disease, their lives were turned upside down. Many broke apart from the stress. Others have continued on as married but always seemed forced. Others, who seemingly had the greatest faith were able to soldier on and turn the heart breaking negative into a re-commitment to move on and turn the negative positive.

My deepest, most heartfelt prayers are with Joe, his wife and their family during this time of grief and sorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum