Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh no not an Educational Industrial Complex.......

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogoct15/student-loans10-15.html

The problem isn't student loans--it's the explosive rise in the costs of higher education. This chart depicts the exponential rise of higher education costs:

Oh no not an Educational Industrial Complex....... Higher-education8-15

Apologists claim the student-loan crisis is the result of underfunding of colleges by states. While it's true that some of the cost burden has been shifted from taxpayers to students, the real problem is soaring costs of the higher education cartel, which fixes prices via the artifical scarcity of accreditation.

The extraordinary rise in administrative staffing and costs and the boom in building costly temples of higher education are well-known.

There was an article too, a few months ago, where they tied costs of college to the relative ease at which student loans are given and almost in unlimited amounts.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Looking at that graph made me go check the current tuition rates at UWF. My jaw dropped when I look at what students pay now, compared to about 1992 (the year I got my MS from there). Tuition has risen about 385%, which is far higher than the inflation rate since then (around 250%).

I am so glad my daughter had a lot of scholarships, which greatly lowered her college costs when she was a student at UWF.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Looking at that graph made me go check the current tuition rates at UWF. My jaw dropped when I look at what students pay now, compared to about 1992 (the year I got my MS from there). Tuition has risen about 385%, which is far higher than the inflation rate since then (around 250%).

I am so glad my daughter had a lot of scholarships, which greatly lowered her college costs when she was a student at UWF.

Yep its almost 1400 per grad class.

Markle

Markle

The "cheaper" government has made going to college for the students, the higher the costs charged by the institutions.

I too worked and admittedly won the money for me to attend and graduate from the University of Miami. A private institution. No loans. I lived at home but my folks did not pay a dime toward any classes, books, lab fees or whatever.

My high school sweetheart went to U of F and got her PhD in International Finance in seven years with no loans and no debt.

Impossible today.

Kids can't buy homes or get started in life without a huge debt hanging over their debt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum