Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New jobless claims are settling in at "historic lows"

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=466640&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

And continuing claims are at record lows. Yes, record lows.

Jobless claims are settling in right at historic lows, continuing to point to a significant lack of slack in the labor market. Initial claims fell 7,000 in the October 10 week to 255,000 which matches the 42-year low posted in July. But as a share of the increasingly larger labor market, this level may very well be a record. The 4-week average is down 2,250 in the week to a 265,000 level which is also a 42-year low and more than 5,000 below a month ago in a comparison that offers an early hint of strength for the October employment report.

Continuing claims are telling the same story, down a very sizable 50,000 in lagging data for the October 3 week. The 4-week average is down 22,000 to 2.201 million and is about 50,000 lower than the month-ago comparison. These are at record lows for this series which, unlike initial claims, only goes only back about 15 years. The unemployment rate for insured workers is unchanged at a very low 1.6 percent.

There are no special factors in today's report, one that the hawks have been turning to since way back in March as a primary signal that wage pressures may be around the corner.

New jobless claims are settling in at "historic lows" Showimage

Sal

Sal

LAYBOR PRECIPITATION RATEZ!!!1!1!!

BEGHAZASM!!!!!11!1111!!!

I just thought I'd go ahead and get that out of the way.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You are like a general whose army has been decimated and radios back to headquarters that we are taking less casualties every day.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You are like a general whose army has been decimated and radios back to headquarters that we are taking less casualties every day.

Not at all.  I am, not am like but am, a person who uses real world information to guide my worldview.  Rather than make shit up about the labor market, I seek real data about the labor market and then use that to inform my opinion on the subject.  

You, on the other hand, are - not are like, but are - a useful idiot who is basically employed to repeat ignorant talking points in the face of real world data.  When it is time to actually discuss issues and share the real world data that informs your opinions, you have none.  You can't even link back to the talking points fed to you by your puppeteers.  

The way that we interact - on this forum, for example - is I seek real world data, I share that real world data on this forum, and then you say "Ha!  Lies!", and that is basically the extent of your usefulness.  Likewise, you are fed talking points on bat-shit crazy conspiracy websites, you share those bat-shit crazy talking points here on this forum, I respond to those talking points with the data that informs my opinion, and then you have nothing further to say as you don't fundamentally understand any of the issues discussed here.

For example, do you have anything substantive to add to this thread?

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:You are like a general whose army has been decimated and radios back to headquarters that we are taking less casualties every day.

You mean "substantive" like this:

BEGHAZASM!!!!!11!1111!!!

ROFLMAO

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You mean "substantive" like this:

BEGHAZASM!!!!!11!1111!!!

ROFLMAO

That is called "satire", gatorfan.

And, believe me, we are not laughing with you.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:Not at all.  I am, not am like but am, a sociopath.

Keep on truckin...he who laughs last and all that.

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:You, on the other hand, are - not are like, but are - a useful idiot who is basically employed to repeat ignorant talking points in the face of real world data.  When it is time to actually discuss issues and share the real world data that informs your opinions, you have none.  You can't even link back to the talking points fed to you by your puppeteers.  

The way that we interact - on this forum, for example - is I seek real world data, I share that real world data on this forum, and then you say "Ha!  Lies!", and that is basically the extent of your usefulness.  Likewise, you are fed talking points on bat-shit crazy conspiracy websites, you share those bat-shit crazy talking points here on this forum, I respond to those talking points with the data that informs my opinion, and then you have nothing further to say as you don't fundamentally understand any of the issues discussed here.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Not at all.  I am, not am like but am, a sociopath.

Keep on truckin...he who laughs last and all that.

You just illustrated by point perfectly. Thank you, useful idiot.

Until next time...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum