Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLS Employment Situation: 142,000 jobs added to the economy in September. Unemployment rate holds at 5.1%.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=467001&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Forget about an October rate hike and maybe forget about a December one too. The September employment report came in weaker than expected on all scores with nonfarm payroll at 142,000, well under the low estimate for 180,000. To seal the matter, downward revisions to the two prior months total 59,000. Average hourly earnings also came in below the low end estimate, at an unchanged reading and a year-on-year rate of 2.2 percent which is also unchanged. And the labor market is shrinking! The labor participation fell 2 tenths to a nearly 40 year low of 62.4 percent.

It should be no surprise, after all the regional and private indications over the past several weeks, that manufacturing is hurting. Payrolls fell 9,000 after falling 18,000 in August. These are job losses that can be blamed on weak foreign markets together with the negative effect of the strong dollar. Mining has also been hurting, the result here of low commodity prices. Payrolls in this industry fell 13,000 on top of August's 22,000 decline.

In contrast to manufacturing, there have been strong signals coming from retail which added 24,000 in September. Professional & business services also rose, up 31,000 which however is half the rate of gain from the spring and early summer.

Weekly hours fell 1 tenth to 34.5 hours in another sign of weakness. Private payrolls rose only 118,000 with government jobs adding a respectable 24,000 share. Another detail on manufacturing is a big 0.6 percent decline in hours that points to contraction for the industrial production report.

It doesn't get much worse than this, at least relative to expectations. This is a shock that however has been hinted at by reports such as Empire State or the Kansas City Manufacturing survey. There will have to be a big bounce in next month's October report to make a rate hike a real possibility at the December FOMC.

BLS Employment Situation: 142,000 jobs added to the economy in September.  Unemployment rate holds at 5.1%. Showimage

BLS Employment Situation: 142,000 jobs added to the economy in September.  Unemployment rate holds at 5.1%. Showimage

Last edited by boards of FL on 10/3/2015, 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle, I await your apology.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t21877-the-economy-added-just-142000-jobs-last-month-other-posters-have-posted-lies

Markle wrote:Not surprising, BoardsofFL is lying again.  

Keep up the good work!

You had to hunt for a source that gave you a weak number of added jobs but not as weak as your usual sources.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. employers cut back sharply on hiring in September and added fewer jobs in July and August than previously thought - a sour note for a labor market that had been steadily improving.

The economy added just 142,000 jobs last month, depressed by job cuts by manufacturers and oil drillers. The unemployment rate remained 5.1 percent, but only because many Americans have stopped looking for work and are no longer counted as unemployed. The proportion of adults either with a job or looking for one is at a 38-year low.

Markle wrote:NO SURPRISE, the TRUTH AND FACTS are far different than our Progressive Spokesman wants to believe.  

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ECONOMY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-02-08-33-31

The unemployment rate remained 5.1 percent, but only because many Americans have stopped looking for work and are no longer counted as unemployed.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Obamasucks wrote:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ECONOMY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-02-08-33-31

The unemployment rate remained 5.1 percent, but only because many Americans have stopped looking for work and are no longer counted as unemployed.

Honest question to you. Do you even remember the countless times that I have created threads specifically dealing with the labor force participation rate? Are you even aware of the fact that I have repeatedly brought this subject up time and time again, and neither you, Markle, or TEO are capable of engaging in direct discussion on this subject?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Obamasucks wrote:You are the biggest liar since Goebbels.

So...no response?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Markle, I await your apology.  

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t21877-the-economy-added-just-142000-jobs-last-month-other-posters-have-posted-lies

Keep up the good work!

You had to hunt for a source that gave you a weak number of added jobs but not as weak as your usual sources.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. employers cut back sharply on hiring in September and added fewer jobs in July and August than previously thought - a sour note for a labor market that had been steadily improving.

The economy added just 142,000 jobs last month, depressed by job cuts by manufacturers and oil drillers. The unemployment rate remained 5.1 percent, but only because many Americans have stopped looking for work and are no longer counted as unemployed. The proportion of adults either with a job or looking for one is at a 38-year low.

Markle wrote:NO SURPRISE, the TRUTH AND FACTS are far different than our Progressive Spokesman wants to believe.  

Why? At his news conference on TV now, semi-retired President Obama stated that the new jobs figure was 118,000 so it could be even worse. Of course he is taking credit for that and is blaming Congress.

MY post forced you to counter your own post of 200,000 new jobs with one showing what I POSTED.

You acknowledge, by coming back and posting the TRUTH that your first post is not true. That's YOUR fault for trying desperately to mislead the readers here. That's on you.

Now man up and cut loose your silly sticky notes. Just childish.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:MY post forced you to counter your own post of 200,000 new jobs with one showing what I POSTED.

No.  Your post didn't do that.  Virtually every comment that you're making is wrong here.  

First, you said that my ADP post was a lie.  You're wrong.  The ADP report does in fact indicate that 200,000 jobs were created in September.

Second, you claimed in another thread that I never post the ADP report.  There again, you're wrong.  I post the ADP nearly every month, and I linked you to several past postings of the ADP report.

Now you're saying that when you posted the BLS report, that "forced" me to concede that the BLS report number is lower than the ADP report number.  I think everyone sees where this is going.  You're wrong again.  I posted the BLS report before  you posted it.

Watch, Ole' Man Markle.  Here is my thread about the 142,000 job BLS report.  Note that the time stamp is 9:35 AM on 10/02/15.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t21871-bls-employment-situation-142000-jobs-added-to-the-economy-in-september-unemployment-rate-holds-at-5-1

Now, here is your posting of the BLS report in which you call me a liar.  Note that the time stamp on your thread is at 3:06 ON on 10/02/15...six hours after I had already posted that.

So I'll ask you again, Markle.  Are you read to apologize to me for calling me a liar?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Well, Markle?  Why don't you correct yourself and delete your posts about "LIES", and then simply stand corrected and apologize?  

This is a test of your character here and you're failing miserably.  Did I lie about anything, Markle?  Didn't I post both the ADP and the BLS reports?  And didn't I even post the BLS report six hours before you did?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Well, Markle?  Why don't you correct yourself and delete your posts about "LIES", and then simply stand corrected and apologize?  

This is a test of your character here and you're failing miserably.  Did I lie about anything, Markle?  Didn't I post both the ADP and the BLS reports?  And didn't I even post the BLS report six hours before you did?

You posted that you ONLY posted from the ADP. That too was a lie.

BLS Employment Situation: 280,000 jobs added to the economy in May.
 by boards of FL
Politics
7 78 6/5/2015, 6:31 pm by boards of FL

BLS Employment Situation: 215,000 jobs added to the economy in July. Unemployment rate holds at 5.3%.
 by boards of FL
Politics
6 60 8/7/2015, 4:31 pm by boards of FL

BLS Employment Situation: 223,000 jobs added to the economy in June. Unemployment rate declines to 5.3%
 by boards of FL
Politics
3 63 7/2/2015, 11:10 am by PkrBum

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August. Unemployment ticks down to 5.1%
 [  Go to page: 1, 2 ]  by boards of FL
Politics
19 245 9/8/2015, 4:26 pm by polecat

Last edited by Markle on 10/2/2015, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

I can't say for sure, but it would certainly appear as though Markle is slipping badly.

This seems more than the usual subterfuge and obfuscation we are all used to getting from him.

I'm usually not one to cut him any slack, but this looks like a very real loss of cognitive ability.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Well, Markle?  Why don't you correct yourself and delete your posts about "LIES", and then simply stand corrected and apologize?  

You posted that you ONLY posted from the ADP.  That too was a lie.

BLS Employment Situation: 280,000 jobs added to the economy in May.
 by boards of FL
Politics
7 78 6/5/2015, 6:31 pm by boards of FL

BLS Employment Situation: 215,000 jobs added to the economy in July. Unemployment rate holds at 5.3%.
 by boards of FL
Politics
6 60 8/7/2015, 4:31 pm by boards of FL

BLS Employment Situation: 223,000 jobs added to the economy in June. Unemployment rate declines to 5.3%
 by boards of FL
Politics
3 63 7/2/2015, 11:10 am by PkrBum

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August. Unemployment ticks down to 5.1%
 [  Go to page: 1, 2 ]  by boards of FL
Politics
19 245 9/8/2015, 4:26 pm by polecat

Markle, I posted both the ADP report and the BLS report. Watch.

Here is the ADP report. I posted it when it was released on Thursday:

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t21853-adp-employment-report-200000-jobs-added-to-the-economy-in-september

And then here is where I posted the BLS report. I posted it when it was released this morning:

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t21871-bls-employment-situation-142000-jobs-added-to-the-economy-in-september-unemployment-rate-holds-at-5-1

And then here is you calling me a liar, first in a thread that you created:

And then in this post:

Now, Markle. Are you ready to concede that you're wrong here and simply apologize for calling me a liar?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:I can't say for sure, but it would certainly appear as though Markle is slipping badly.

This seems more than the usual subterfuge and obfuscation we are all used to getting from him.

I'm usually not one to cut him any slack, but this looks like a very real loss of cognitive ability.

I don't refer to him as "semi-demented" for no reason.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Going once for Markle.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Going twice for Markle.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Adios, Markle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]