Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boehner to resign

+3
Floridatexan
gatorfan
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boehner to resign Empty Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 9:40 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Just coming out, this announcement is interesting to say the least. He hasn't been able to corral his fellow GOPers. Lots of resistance within the ranks.

2Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 9:48 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wonder who the new leader will be?

3Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 9:54 am

good

4Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 9:57 am

gatorfan

About time that bonehead stepped down, he can be replaced by a chimpanzee. This is the most useless House I can remember but it probably won't get any better.

5Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 10:01 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Kevin McCarthy, House Majority Leader, should be the next in line.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/kevin-mccarthy-congress-republicans-112209

6Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 10:19 am

gatorfan wrote:About time that bonehead stepped down, he can be replaced by a chimpanzee. This is the most useless House I can remember but it probably won't get any better.

Well... that might be a little over the top. Reid and pelosi were easily worse leaders... totally without ethics.

That leaves their congress as worse for america than this one.

7Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 10:21 am

Floridatexan wrote:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/kevin-mccarthy-congress-republicans-112209

This from a rabid partisan that has no problem when dem leaders flat lie to advance their policy agendas... lol.

8Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 10:27 am

Sal

Sal

The reason Boehner is stepping down is because he has been rendered impotent by the poop-flingers in the House GOP.

The only way he could get anything done is to form a coalition with the Dems in the House, and Boehner understandably is willing to fall on his sword rather than be part of such a coup against his own party.

But, his departure means nothing has changed.

The schism in the House GOP remains, and what remains of his leadership team will face the exact same dynamic.

Boehner to resign Giphy

9Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 10:37 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Reid and pelosi were easily worse leaders...

Huffing glue is bad for you.

10Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 10:56 am

2seaoat

I have posted that he would be retiring after he bought a two million dollar condo in Marco Island where a friend lives. It is a beautiful location on South Marco beach with a limited number of folks in his building. I have visited my friend numerous times and plan to be in the Marco area most of this winter where we play poker. We will have to ask John if he wants to join us, but he better not cry if his flush gets beaten by a full house. A traditional Republican no longer has a place in the Republican Party because the Dixiecrats and crazies have taken over the party of Lincoln. What an ironic twist that the haters who Lincoln went to war with now control his party which was started by abolitionist.

The funny part is another friend whose wife loves smoking her pot was visiting when John and the secret service were there. She had been outside having a few puffs when she approached the secret service guys and started talking to them......they were not real friendly and would not give much information, but her husband suspects if she did not smell like Cheech they might have been friendlier. My friend who owns in the same building is one of the people I was able to call when I was going into surgery to raise money for friends who had been whacked by Katrina. Without blinking an eye he sent a 5k check and had his shipping department go out and get ten sleeping bags and air mattress and shipped them down to my home in Navarre where the Katrina refugees had collected. I will say it right now.....I will be playing poker with John before the end of the winter, and my friend will probably invite him to join the group at Fiddler's Creek to golf. I wonder how long he will have a secret service detail after retirement.

11Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 11:34 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

othershoe1030 wrote:Wonder who the new leader will be?

Someone much much crazier.

12Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 12:04 pm

Sal

Sal

The House GOP is divided neatly into two camps now - the establishment and the poop-flinging, hostage-takers.

I can see this going down two ways.

The establishment could cut a deal with the Democrats in order to get the bills paid, but Pelosi would be in position to demand some leadership positions in exchange for the support of her caucus.

This would actually be very good for the country, but the GOP base would absolutely lose their collective shit.

The other scenario would have the hostage-takers gaining control and shutting down the government and refusing to pay bills at every opportunity.

The results of these actions would quickly become so odious and acute that the electorate would demand action and the hostage-takers would fold up like a cheap lawn-chair.

Either way, what we are witnessing is the GOP coming apart at the seams.

I didn't think it was possible, but this could open a path to Democratic control of the House in 2016.

13Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 12:53 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Good bye to this spineless wonder. He doesn't want to be an issue and it was going that way. We need someone that will really fight for conservative values and make accomplishments based on those values. Turn the page.

14Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 1:05 pm

He sucked and spent as much time golfing as Obummer. He gave Obummer everything he wanted and more after promising to stop the agenda of the Dems. He lied.

15Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 1:14 pm

Sal

Sal

Yes ...

... congratulations on your splendid victory here, dumbasses.

You are finally the dog who caught the car.

Watch what happens next.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha .....

16Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 1:24 pm

This is what the dems wish for with every vote they take... lol:

Pelosi

“Every week we don’t pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”

“Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program.”

“I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.”

“We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it."

17Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 1:41 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

This from a rabid partisan that has no problem when dem leaders flat lie to advance their policy agendas... lol.

LOL, yourself, dummkopf. You have some nerve calling me partisan and accusing me of not caring whether someone lies. I hate liars. And it is so pathetic and predictable, when the thread is about Boehner, for you to throw rocks at the Dem leadership. All I did here was provide a link to a POLITICO article with more information about who might succeed Boehner. It was POLITICO that suggested Boehner might survive by allying with Democrats. (If you even read the article, which I doubt).

18Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 2:04 pm

2seaoat

John called some folks bluff. He could still release the immigration bill to the floor which would pass. The idiots are celebrating. See who will get the last laugh.

19Boehner to resign Empty Re: Boehner to resign 9/25/2015, 2:11 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/25/exclusive-mark-levin-warns-house-republicans-not-support-kevin-mccarthy-speaker/
-----
Levin has spoken.... No McCarthy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum