Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bergdahl investigation: no soldiers died because of him

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
Markle
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Vikingwoman
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:I have never wavered that I will believe the grunts from the battle ground before I will ever trust a top General.  

We live in a free country.... You are welcome to remain as clueless as you choose.

Yes, you do go out of your way to prove you are totally clueless.  THANK YOU!

This is the only response Ole' Man Markle can pull off anymore.

"I know you are but what am I."

Your rocking chair is over there in the corner, Ole' Man Markle.

Bergdahl investigation: no soldiers died because of him - Page 2 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Markle

Markle

For those here who fervently believe that a deserter is some kind of hero.

The 6 U.S. Soldiers Who Died Searching for Bowe Bergdahl

Mark Thompson
 June 2, 2014

[...]

The bile surrounding his rescue is blunt on his Fort Richardson, Alaska brigade’s Facebook page:

•“I say we welcome him home with a firing squad.,” one says. “He’s a piece of trash and everyone from [Fort Richardson] knows it the only person less American than that man is the president for giving up 5 hvt’s [High-Value Targets]”
•“Now he can stand trial for deserting his post,” says one message on his unit’s Facebook page—a sentiment that has garnered 44 “likes”.
•“Do you know how many families never saw their loved ones because of him?” a third poster asked.

But those irate over Bergdahl fear that the nation has forgotten the men they say were lost in the hunt for him:

Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen, 29, of San Antonio, Texas, and Private 1st Class Morris Walker , 23, of Chapel Hill, N.C., were killed by a roadside bomb in Paktika province on Aug. 18, 2009, while trying to find Bergdahl. Like Bergdahl, they were part of the 4th BCT from Fort Richardson, Alaska.

Bowen’s mother last heard from her son the night before he died. “Clay called me around midnight to tell me I wouldn’t hear from him for a few days,” she said. She never heard from him again, although she can still hear his voice in the two CDs he recorded with the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus. “He was the only bass in the group,” she said, “so you could always hear him.”

“What I think of first when I think of Morris is his smile because he was always smiling,” his junior-high teacher,

Wanda Bordone, told the Associated Press after he died. “He had a great sense of humor, lots of friends.”

Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss, 27, of Murray, Utah, died Aug. 26 in Paktika Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was shot while his unit was supporting Afghan security forces during an enemy attack. Like Bergdahl, Bowen and Walker, he was part of the 4th BCT.

“I’ll never forget you Kurt,” Adrian Ramirez a fellow soldier from Fort Richardson, posted on a memorial site. “You were my first team leader from the beginning and my squad leader to the end. I will miss you and all the memories I have shared with you.”

2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews, 34, of Dallas, Texas, died Sept. 4 in Paktika Province when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device and a rocket-propelled grenade. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker and Curtiss, Andrews was part of the 4th BCT.

“We grew up with an enormous amount of pride for our nation,” Andrews’ mother, Sondra, told the Amarillo Globe-News. That was understandable: his father. grandfather and uncle had served in uniform. “We passed it on to our children, never thinking we would pay the ultimate sacrifice.”

Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey, 25, of Snyder, Texas, died Sept. 6 in Paktika province after being wounded by an IED. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss and Andrews, Murphrey was part of the 4th BCT.

“On his 17th birthday his family took him skydiving and after that,” his obituary read, “he decided he wanted to be an Army paratrooper.”

On Sept. 4, 2009, Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek, 20, of DeKalb, Ill., was seriously wounded in Paktika province when Taliban forces attacked his vehicle with an improvided explosive device, a rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire.

The U.S. military rushed him to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany—the same medical facility where Bergdahl is now being treated.

Bergdahl is expected to fly home to the U.S. soon for additional care and counseling.

Martinek never got that chance. He died a week after the attack—on Sept. 11.

Martinek “tried not to talk too much about what he was doing, but he said he liked helping people,” his brother, Travis Wright, told the AP.

Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss, Andrews and Murphrey, Martinek was part of the 4th BCT.

The diversion of these men and their units to the hunt for Bergdahl thinned the ranks of U.S. troops elsewhere in the region, contributing to several more American KIAs, U.S. soldiers who were there at the time believe.

Military justice can be swift and merciless, although that appears unlikely in this case. But the past cannot be erased, and it’s that legacy that gives the troops involved a markedly different view of Bergdahl and his rescue than that of most Americans sitting at home, paying scant attention to the nation’s only soldier missing in action in Afghanistan until Saturday.

The reason, for anyone who has been in combat, is pretty simple. Soldiers never forget. Civilians rarely remember.

http://time.com/2809352/bowe-bergdahl-deserter-army-taliban/

Last edited by Markle on 9/22/2015, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

gatorfan

Vikingwoman wrote:
2seaoat wrote:He was simply a disturbed young man

Like a great many kids who leave high school to go into their only option....military service....which psychologically is not a good fit...do not be surprised or think this is the exception.  

There was stuff going on in his unit. Probably killing or mistreating Iraqi civilians. Bergdahl tried to go 19 miles to see the general at another base to talk to him about it. Very bad judgement but no desertion or traitoring.

There may have been "stuff" (ostensibly poor leadership) going on however the fact remains his action should be considered an unauthorized absence at this point and a particularly stupid decision by trying to walk alone and unarmed through known enemy areas. Whether people died as a direct result of his actions would be impossible to determine. Certainly his OIC's have stated in testimony that the 45 or so days spent searching for him resulted in many task changes that affected their overall mission but I can't recall any where they said so and so died during or because of the search phase.

I suspect when this is over he will simply be discharged, no need for any jail time - his captivity was enough punishment for his ill-considered actions that night and he will have to live with that the rest of life.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/06/04/1304276/-Jon-Stewart-covers-the-right-wing-reaction-to-Bowe-Bergdahl

Bergdahl investigation: no soldiers died because of him - Page 2 BergdahlFreed-duck

Last night, Jon Stewart looked at the quickly changing reaction to the news about getting POW Bowe Bergdahl back from the Taliban.

BRIAN KILMEADE (6/3/2014): He says he was growing his beard because his son was in captivity. Well, your son's out now. So if you really don't want to no longer look like a member of the Taliban, you don't have to look like a member of the Taliban. Are you out of razors?
(audience groans in disgust)
Well, that got ugly pretty fast! First of all, who the fuck are you to judge what a guy does if he thinks it might help him get his son back? And I don't want to complicate your hatred of facial hair there, friend, but my guess is if you gave Bob Bergdahl a bandana and a duck, you'd like him just fucking fine!

Very big story broke concerning our now-teenaged war in Afghanistan. And obviously, the teenage years are tough for everybody, especially wars. Let's see what happened.
5/31/2014:
DANA BASH: Breaking news, a good news story, U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who has been in captivity in Afghanistan for about five years was released by the Taliban.

MAJ. GEN. JAMES "SPIDER" MARKS: Across the board, this is a magnificent, wonderful story.

Yes!!! This sounds like the perfect time for our brand new segment, A Magnificent Wonderful Story!

Bergdahl investigation: no soldiers died because of him - Page 2 BergdahlFreed-segment1
You know, it's so rare. This is why this is so amazing. It is so rare that America gets a story like this — magnificent and wonderful. So if it's OK with everybody here, I think we should ride this patriot train to Fuck Yeah Junction.

JAKE TAPPER (5/31/2014): Everybody is rejoicing that he is safe, and that he will get to go back to his loving parents in Idaho. But it is a complicated case.
Complicated?! It's a magnificent and wonderful story! What's complicated about "America rules!"? We got our last POW back. Did you not see the blue bird? (bird chirps) I got this, Phil. Complicated how?
6/2/2014:
RICHARD ENGEL: The Obama administration is standing by its decision to release five senior Taliban members from Guantanamo Bay in a prisoner exchange for Bergdahl.

DICK CHENEY: They have in fact negotiated with terrorists, and I don't think they got a very good deal.

Wow, I don't know which of those pictures was scarier. Wait, what are you talking about?! We always negotiate with terrorists! Saying, "we don't negotiate with terrorists" is our opening negotiation bid. (audience laughter)
"We are not negotiating with you, terrorists. And your response is....?"

That's pathetic. The argument against this swap is a cliché. You wouldn't catch the administration countering with a cliché.

JAY CARNEY (6/2/2014): The United States does not our men and women in uniform behind.
Touché, cliché.
All right, y'all want to have a cliché-off, let's do this, bro!

REP. JASON CHAFFETZ, R-UT (6/3/2014): We do not negotiate with terrorists.
REP. JOHN GARAMENDI, D-CA (6/2/2014): We leave no one behind.

MICHAEL STEELE (6/3/2014): You do not negotiate with terrorists.

GOLDIE TAYLOR (6/2/2014): We leave no one behind.

DEAN STOCKWELL: The United States does not negotiate with terrorists.

SOLDIER: You never leave a man behind!

LES GROSSMAN: We don't negotiate with terrorists.

TOY SOLDIER: A good soldier never leaves a man behind!

(audience laughter and applause)
The only way to really end a cliché-off, is to agree to disagree.

All right. A magnificent, complicated wonderful story...
So how did this happen? How did a simple clear-cut story of American heroism in a war get complicated? Oh right. It's a war. That's weird. I mean, three days ago this was going to be a great fucking moment. And now, I couldn't sell this thing to Lifetime with Alyssa Milano's dick! (audience laughter) It's been three days! Remember??

DANA BASH: Breaking news, a good news story.
MAJ. GEN. JAMES "SPIDER" MARKS: This is a magnificent, wonderful story.

ANA NAVARRO: We negotiated with terrorists.

GERRI WILLIS: The Taliban Dream Team

RET. NAVY SEAL CMDR. DAN O'SHEA: Odds are, one or two out of these five are going to get back in the fight.

ANDERSON COOPER: Did President Obama break the law?

REP. BUCK McKEON, R-CA: Yes.

CBS THIS MORNING: Headlines like "Bowe Bergdahl Is Not a Hero".

RONAN FARROW: He said, "I am ashamed to even be American."

ANNA KOOIMAN: Brand new evidence that he might have been helping the enemy.

STEVE DOOCY: Ugh.

Bergdahl investigation: no soldiers died because of him - Page 2 BergdahlFreed-segment4

Are you making light of a soldier abandoning his post (deserting) and handing over aid to the enemy by sacrifice?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Are you making light of a soldier abandoning his post (deserting) and handing over aid to the enemy by sacrifice?

You have no evidence to back up that claim.  Let the trial proceed; then we will see.  And I never make light of war, or the lives of the soldiers who fight them.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:Are you making light of a soldier abandoning his post (deserting) and handing over aid to the enemy by sacrifice?

They're desperate. It is overwhelming their every post.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:I beg your pardon but you are one of the biggest liars on this forum. You and Markle are neck in neck. The Army investigated. The Pentagon confirmed.No soldiers died as a result of looking for Bergdahl. It was simply a lie bolstered by unit members lying on Fox News.

THANK YOU!  I am honored to be put in a class with the members of his unit who lost friends needlessly searching for this deserter.

Facts never deter Markle from expressing his insanity. The AG officer responsible for investigating Bergdahl recommended no punishment. The investigation confirmed that NO ONE LOST THEIR LIVES looking for him.

The investigators were tasked with recommending the disposition of the pending case against him. But, like I stated at the beginning, Semi-sane "I know NOSSING!" Markle, and his idiot side kick SucksObama, always know better than reality.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:For those here who fervently believe that a deserter is some kind of hero.

The 6 U.S. Soldiers Who Died Searching for Bowe Bergdahl

Mark Thompson
 June 2, 2014

[...]

The bile surrounding his rescue is blunt on his Fort Richardson, Alaska brigade’s Facebook page:

•“I say we welcome him home with a firing squad.,” one says. “He’s a piece of trash and everyone from [Fort Richardson] knows it the only person less American than that man is the president for giving up 5 hvt’s [High-Value Targets]”
•“Now he can stand trial for deserting his post,” says one message on his unit’s Facebook page—a sentiment that has garnered 44 “likes”.
•“Do you know how many families never saw their loved ones because of him?” a third poster asked.

But those irate over Bergdahl fear that the nation has forgotten the men they say were lost in the hunt for him:

Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen, 29, of San Antonio, Texas, and Private 1st Class Morris Walker , 23, of Chapel Hill, N.C., were killed by a roadside bomb in Paktika province on Aug. 18, 2009, while trying to find Bergdahl. Like Bergdahl, they were part of the 4th BCT from Fort Richardson, Alaska.

Bowen’s mother last heard from her son the night before he died. “Clay called me around midnight to tell me I wouldn’t hear from him for a few days,” she said. She never heard from him again, although she can still hear his voice in the two CDs he recorded with the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus. “He was the only bass in the group,” she said, “so you could always hear him.”

“What I think of first when I think of Morris is his smile because he was always smiling,” his junior-high teacher,

Wanda Bordone, told the Associated Press after he died. “He had a great sense of humor, lots of friends.”

Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss, 27, of Murray, Utah, died Aug. 26 in Paktika Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was shot while his unit was supporting Afghan security forces during an enemy attack. Like Bergdahl, Bowen and Walker, he was part of the 4th BCT.

“I’ll never forget you Kurt,” Adrian Ramirez a fellow soldier from Fort Richardson, posted on a memorial site. “You were my first team leader from the beginning and my squad leader to the end. I will miss you and all the memories I have shared with you.”

2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews, 34, of Dallas, Texas, died Sept. 4 in Paktika Province when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device and a rocket-propelled grenade. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker and Curtiss, Andrews was part of the 4th BCT.

“We grew up with an enormous amount of pride for our nation,” Andrews’ mother, Sondra, told the Amarillo Globe-News. That was understandable: his father. grandfather and uncle had served in uniform. “We passed it on to our children, never thinking we would pay the ultimate sacrifice.”

Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey, 25, of Snyder, Texas, died Sept. 6 in Paktika province after being wounded by an IED. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss and Andrews, Murphrey was part of the 4th BCT.

“On his 17th birthday his family took him skydiving and after that,” his obituary read, “he decided he wanted to be an Army paratrooper.”

On Sept. 4, 2009, Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek, 20, of DeKalb, Ill., was seriously wounded in Paktika province when Taliban forces attacked his vehicle with an improvided explosive device, a rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire.

The U.S. military rushed him to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany—the same medical facility where Bergdahl is now being treated.

Bergdahl is expected to fly home to the U.S. soon for additional care and counseling.

Martinek never got that chance. He died a week after the attack—on Sept. 11.

Martinek “tried not to talk too much about what he was doing, but he said he liked helping people,” his brother, Travis Wright, told the AP.

Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss, Andrews and Murphrey, Martinek was part of the 4th BCT.

The diversion of these men and their units to the hunt for Bergdahl thinned the ranks of U.S. troops elsewhere in the region, contributing to several more American KIAs, U.S. soldiers who were there at the time believe.

Military justice can be swift and merciless, although that appears unlikely in this case. But the past cannot be erased, and it’s that legacy that gives the troops involved a markedly different view of Bergdahl and his rescue than that of most Americans sitting at home, paying scant attention to the nation’s only soldier missing in action in Afghanistan until Saturday.

The reason, for anyone who has been in combat, is pretty simple. Soldiers never forget. Civilians rarely remember.

http://time.com/2809352/bowe-bergdahl-deserter-army-taliban/

The AG investigation declared that Bergdahl's actions could not be connected to any U.S. military deaths.  Period. Furthermore, if you fully read the Time Magazine- Mark Thompson story via Markle's link, nothing shows that any of the KIA personnel were killed searching for Bergdahl. It's strange that Markle should hate Bergdahl so, considering he's white . . .

Markle

Markle

Semi-retired President Obama cannot allow a desertion trial. Since he is the Commander in Chief, and has total say so over who is promoted and who might be demoted.

President Obama also controls the US Attorney General's office. As was proven when President Obama first took office and shut down the sentencing of the various branches of the New Black Panther Party.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Semi-retired President Obama cannot allow a desertion trial.  Since he is the Commander in Chief, and has total say so over who is promoted and who might be demoted.

President Obama also controls the US Attorney General's office.  As was proven when President Obama first took office and shut down the sentencing of the various branches of the New Black Panther Party.  

What we have here folks is the standard "I lost the debate but I'll switch the thread now" response. Now, according to Semi-sane "I hate black Americans and particularly our black president" Markle, it's Obama's fault Bergdahl went AWOL and got captured by the Taliban. WTF?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum