Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

State Dept Ordered Hillary Lawyer to Delete Email

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-classified-email-state-department-213774

May 22, 2015, letter from Kennedy to Clinton attorney Kendall reads:

I am writing in reference to the following e-mail that is among the approximately 55,000 pages that were identified as potential federal records and produced on behalf of former Secretary Clinton to the Depa1tment of State on December 5, 2014: E-mail forwarded by Jacob Sullivan to Secretary Clinton on November 18, 2012 at 8:44 pm (Subject: Fw: FYI- Report of arrests -possible Benghazi connection).

Please be advised that today the above referenced e-mail, which previously was unclassified, has been classified as “Secret” pursuant to Section 1.7(d) of Executive Order 13526 in connection with a review and release under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). In order to safeguard and protect the classified information, I ask – consistent with my letter to you dated March 23 2015 – that you, Secretary Clinton and others assisting her in responding to congressional and related inquiries coordinate in taking the steps set forth below. A copy of the document as redacted under the FOIA is attached to assist you in your search.

Once you have made the electronic copy of the documents for the Department, please locate any electronic copies of the above-referenced classified document in your possession. If you locate any electronic copies, please delete them. Additionally, once you have done that, please empty your “Deleted Items” folder.

2seaoat

A big so what. Two government agencies with two different missions. State wanted changed classification items deleted, and the House committee did not want any deletions. Nothing new or wrong with how this was handled. The thumb drive was turned over to the FBI without deletion. Whats next PK......Hillary had her hair stylist tell her that she should color her hair? Come on......are you serious posting this as if anybody did something wrong?

David Kendall writes:

This will also confirm that, pursuant to your request, we have deleted all electronic copies of this document, with the following exception. I have received document preservation requests pertaining to the 55,000 pages of e-mails from the House of Representatives Select Committee on Benghazi, the Inspector General of the State Department, and the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (DNI). I have responded to each preservation request by confirming to the requestor that I would take reasonable steps to preserve these 55,000 pages of former Secretary Clinton’s e-mails in their present electronic form. I therefore do not believe it would be prudent to delete, as you request, the above-referenced e-mail from the master copies or the PST file that we are preserving.

Once the document preservation requests referenced above expire, we will proceed to make the requested deletions. This present arrangement would cover the single document recently classified “Secret”. Should there be further reclassifications during the Department’s FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] review of former Secretary Clinton’s e-mails, it also would cover any such additional documents.

Sal

Sal

wow?

Sal

Sal

bombshell??

Embarassed

The state dept is under the same preservation directive as hillary's lawyer... no surprise to me y'all don't care.

Good little useful idiots... I'm sure your future dear leader is very grateful. The ruling elite is counting on you.

Sal

Sal

It's funny watching you get all hot and bothered by legalese.

Weird, but funny.

2seaoat

What is even funnier is that he cannot grasp that the very classified documents which status changed after being sent were already turned over to state, which was a prerequisite for the State Department official instructing properly per State Department policy that the document should be deleted. State had the documents. They could turn the same over to the Committee, yet this simple concept flew right over the head of PK. Do you really want to call us comrades and ridicule us when you are making a fool of yourself. Trust me on this......Hillary will not be prosecuted. She did not break the law. You are like that dog who has a bone but sees its reflection in the pond and decides he sees a bone he wants to grasp, and he drops his bone in the water.......you need to stop dropping bones and engaging your brain......the illusion which you have repeatedly proven to not recognize is not dropping your bone.....but don't listen to me, just be honest about the bone filled pond.

That document is under order of preservation at dos and the lawyers office... to order otherwise is obstruction.

2seaoat

That document is under order of preservation at dos and the lawyers office... to order otherwise is obstruction.

Nope.....you really do not know what you are talking about so I can understand why over the last three years you have jumped so readily at these theories of violation of the law. I know of NO situation where you have been right in regard to the same. No indictments......No sanctions......nothing, yet you keep posting nonsense, and when I try to guide you away from nonsense, you call me comrade.....ok......how long do we wait for you to get something right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

This is hillary's lawyers response... read it slowly while concentrating. If you are correct why didn't he just delete it?

David Kendall writes:

This will also confirm that, pursuant to your request, we have deleted all electronic copies of this document, with the following exception. I have received document preservation requests pertaining to the 55,000 pages of e-mails from the House of Representatives Select Committee on Benghazi, the Inspector General of the State Department, and the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (DNI). I have responded to each preservation request by confirming to the requestor that I would take reasonable steps to preserve these 55,000 pages of former Secretary Clinton’s e-mails in their present electronic form. I therefore do not believe it would be prudent to delete, as you request, the above-referenced e-mail from the master copies or the PST file that we are preserving.

Once the document preservation requests referenced above expire, we will proceed to make the requested deletions. This present arrangement would cover the single document recently classified “Secret”. Should there be further reclassifications during the Department’s FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] review of former Secretary Clinton’s e-mails, it also would cover any such additional documents.

2seaoat

Now you double down and drop another bone......tell me the authority those requests have vs a subpoena or an order from the court..... for the state Department not to follow their protocols concerning classified documents and make the request to delete?

I will help you. Hillary's lawyer did the correct thing. The State Department did the correct thing. Now how long will we wait before you realize that you have just dropped another bone. Illusions in your mind do not make crimes.

I haven't used the word crime over this dos request. What would you call it if the lawyer had deleted the original email?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:I haven't used the word crime over this dos request.

Maybe he can learn ...

... albeit very sloooowly.

2seaoat

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/14/hillary-clintons-e-mail-issues-have-grown-into-a-massive-political-problem/

The new Washington-Post ABC News poll contains lots of bad news for Hillary Clinton. She's lost more than 20 points in a hypothetical Democratic primary ballot since July and now finds herself in a statistical dead heat with Donald Trump --not a typo -- in a potential general election matchup.

Those top-line numbers, though, aren't the cause of Clinton's problems; they're the effect. The cause is buried deeper in the poll in a trio of questions about the private e-mail server Clinton used as secretary of state.

Consider:

1. Just 1 in 3 registered voters approve of how Clinton has handled the issue, while 55 percent of voters do not.

2. Just 32 percent of registered voters think Clinton "stayed within government regulations" in the establishment and use of a private server, while 51 percent believe she broke those regulations.

3. Thirty-four percent of those polled say Clinton has "honestly disclosed" the facts about her e-mail usage, while 54 percent believe she has "tried to cover up the facts."

On top of all that, add this:

4. Just 35 percent of registered voters believe that the words "honest" and "trustworthy" describe Clinton, while 56 percent say they do not.

That number has been in steady decline since the revelations about Clinton's server came to light in the spring; she was at 41 percent on the honest/trustworthy question in a May WaPo-ABC poll, and back in June 2014 she was at 53 percent!

Liberals will sink and die with that wench and I say "good"

Sal

Sal

Throw enough bullshit, and some of it's bound to stick.

Classified emails sitting on google and aol. Hillary's aides were finally compelled to turn over 100k emails.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-gmail-google-classified-content-213458

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Classified emails sitting on google and aol. Hillary's aides were finally compelled to turn over 100k emails.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-gmail-google-classified-content-213458

Do I really have to dissect the article and point out the salient points for you?

This is getting tiresome.

You should be able to do it on your own by now.

It's sloppy and incompetent or naive... reflective of her overall performance as sos. Perfect for a bumper sticker.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

State Dept Ordered Hillary Lawyer to Delete Email File.php?40,file=198366,filename=deadhorse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum