Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump made out okay in the debate but he really dropped the ball at one point.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This exchange started when Trump turns to Bush and says "your brother's administration is what got Obama elected".

Bush then turns toward Trump and says "there's one thing you can say about my brother,  he kept us all safe".

Trump then said nothing.

If I had been Trump,  this is how I would have replied to that:  "Sonny,  because your brother invaded and occupied Iraq,  with the career politicians of both parties aiding and abetting him,  our country is now in a quagmire in the middle east which our foreign policy will likely never be able to recover from.  Your brother should have listened to his puppetmaster.  But not listened to what he was saying in 2002.  But instead your brother should have been listening to that same puppetmaster when he told us all this in 1992".  And then I would have quoted the puppetmaster: "I think if we we're going to remove Saddam Hussein we would have had to go all the way to Baghdad, we would have to commit a lot of force because I do not believe he would wait in the Presidential Palace for us to arrive. I think we'd have had to hunt him down. And once we'd done that and we'd gotten rid of Saddam Hussein and his government, then we'd have had to put another government in its place. What kind of government? Should it be a Sunni government or Shi'i government or a Kurdish government or Ba'athist regime? Or maybe we want to bring in some of the Islamic fundamentalists? How long would we have had to stay in Baghdad to keep that government in place? What would happen to the government once U.S. forces withdrew? How many casualties should the United States accept in that effort to try to create clarity and stability in a situation that is inherently unstable? I think it is vitally important for a President to know when to use military force. I think it is also very important for him to know when not to commit U.S. military force. And it's my view that the President (Poppy Bush) got it right both times, that it would have been a mistake for us to get bogged down in the quagmire inside Iraq."

As I said, on that one point,  Trump dropped the ball.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Anyone notice how red Trump's face was towards the end? At first I though it was anxiety but then I saw a post debate interview where he commented on the length of the debate and having to stand for three hours. Exhaustion?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Anyone notice how red Trump's face was towards the end?  At first I though it was anxiety but then I saw a post debate interview where he commented on the length of the debate and having to stand for three hours.  Exhaustion?

He called in to Morning Joe earlier and that was his only complaint that the thing was too long. He compared it to the length of Gone With the Wind.
And then he explained what happened.

The debate was supposed to have been two hours in length. But CNN called him (and I imagine the other campaigns) two weeks ago and told him they were extending the debate to a third hour.
And then he said something you don't often hear from politicians. And it's because he's so familiar with the television media.
He pointed out that obviously the reason for this is the network knew it was going to get a record audience and that greatly increases the per-commercial ad rates it can charge. So the network wanted another hour of commercials. It was all about a television network wanting to cash in. And of course he's absolutely correct.

2seaoat

We were attacked under President Bush. His administration had ample warning to stop the attack. He failed. America was not safe under his presidency.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:We were attacked under President Bush.  His administration had ample warning to stop the attack.  He failed.  America was not safe under his presidency.

That our country was attacked under Bush's watch or any other is not what made us less safe.  Bush's predecessor also failed to recognize the potential threat of Al Qaeda.
9/11 resulted mainly because of our country's throwing it's weight around in the Middle East and trying to control the affairs of Middle Eastern countries for the 50 years which led up to it.

What made us less safe during Bush's watch was the decision to invade and occupy Iraq.  That is causing this country more grief than anything since Vietnam.  And I can't imagine that anyone would fail to recognize that although many apparently still don't.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Trump is a hot head that thinks he's far better than everyone else....How he handled Rand Paul is how he would handle Putin. Trumps an ugly fat asshole with high blood pressure.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Obamasucks wrote:Trump gets stuff done

Yeah authoritarians love other authoritarians. Trump looked like Mussolini last night.

2seaoat

Trump is pretty creepy, and Paul is a strange duck who has more ambition than dedication to his alleged principles, but Cruz.....he is the essence of evil. Ted Cruz is a worm. He could not lead a boy scout troop let alone be commander in chief.........he is always manipulating the system to help his ambitions. How somebody like this is running for President has shown how far we have dropped from being a nation led by courage to a weak evil man manipulating stupid people to gain power......weasle or worm........or maybe a weasleworm.

polecat

polecat

Obamasucks wrote:Trump gets stuff done

Tell us about Trump University.

polecat

polecat

"Fiorina probably had the best night... if you don’t fact check anything she said."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum