Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Texas Sheriff Says You Have To Obey the Police Because Their ‘Authority Comes From God’

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.infowars.com/texas-sheriff-says-you-have-to-obey-the-police-because-their-authority-comes-from-god/

Cops says he is doing “God’s work”

The sheriff added that anyone who criticizes the police is defying God, and that this is merely “the ignorance of some people.” He urged officers to “hang in there” while Godless citizens criticize them for punching pregnant women in the belly.

Do you agree with the Sheriff and his use of the Bible to justify police brutality?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Texas Sheriff Says You Have To Obey the Police Because Their ‘Authority Comes From God’ E1e34910PAWS UP DON"T SHOOT !

I think there are some, a few, that become their own gods when they put on the uniform and strap on the gun.

Rolling Eyes

However, for the most part, I feel the police are here to serve and protect - and they do. It's a trained profession. Authority from God? I think that's a stretch.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote:I think there are some, a few, that become their own gods when they put on the uniform and strap on the gun.  

Rolling Eyes

However, for the most part, I feel the police are here to serve and protect - and they do.  It's a trained profession.  Authority from God?  I think that's a stretch.

Hear .... this be God. I want you all to know I have no authority over anything. Not even my cat. Bad cops is bad cops. You hear what I'm sayin?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.infowars.com/texas-sheriff-says-you-have-to-obey-the-police-because-their-authority-comes-from-god/

Cops says he is doing “God’s work”

The sheriff added that anyone who criticizes the police is defying God, and that this is merely “the ignorance of some people.” He urged officers to “hang in there” while Godless citizens criticize them for punching pregnant women in the belly.

Do you agree with the Sheriff and his use of the Bible to justify police brutality?

It was an opinion piece in a newspaper. As an a-theist, I would figure he's talking to Christians anyway & pretty much roll my eyes & ignore it.

A Sheriff can say whatever he wants. Freedom of Speech and all that jazz ya know. It's what he does in his capacity as Sheriff that counts as a matter of law.

I'll let the voters of his County decide as to what whether they approve of what he "says." Were I a voter in that County that opinion piece would likely disincline me from voting for him .... unless he was actually a really, really, good Sheriff otherwise & didn't bring his personal beliefs into his official actions. Then I could probably overlook it.

I just saw Straight out of Compton with my 17 year old today. In the words of NWA, ----- the police

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Roman's 13 applied in the USA clearly injects the constitution as the ruling authority. Our founding fathers were smart enough to make our servants subject to that document so they didn't think themselves all high and mighty and above the law. They wouldn't go around forcing people to deny their faith, like some judges,  because the constitution forbids them doing that.

Roman's 13

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities (the constitution), for there is no authority (constitution) except that which God has established. The authorities(constitution) that exist have been established by God.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum