Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Senate Turn Blue or Stay Red in 2016?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

24 Republican seats are up for reelection in 2016, and only 10 Democrats face reelection.

This article by the Votemaster at www.electoralvote.com is pretty good. The Votemaster has correctly called every election since 2006. I hope he keeps his site up for the 2016 election (he earlier indicated he may not...getting tired, I guess).

First Look at the Senate

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2015/Pres/Maps/Aug27.html#item-1

The Votemaster seems to indicate that the Republicans will lose the Senate in 2016, and then have a chance to get it back in 2018. Interesting stuff. Below the text of the article, he provides insights on who is running by state, and their chances. Many folks have not yet declared their intentions, and I am sure he will fill more details in as more information becomes available.

I have followed www.electoralvote.com exclusively for elections since I first found the site in 2006.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

The Democrats taking back the senate is a structural certainty. First, presidential elections bring a higher percentage of voters. A higher percentage of voters in Swing states favor Democrats. Depending on the line up for President, a high turn out with the Democrats having the structural advantage will be big for the Democrats. The reason this is big because the next four years will see at least four appointments in the Supreme Court. If by some wild chance the democrats were to lose the presidency, their control of the senate can make confirmations of radical appointees impossible. Conversely, if the Republicans control the Senate and the Democrats take the Presidency, they can maker confirmations of radical appointees impossible. Our unique system really does work.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum