Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump says he will announce third-party decision soon

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/29/politics/donald-trump-third-party-run/index.html

If Trump decides to run as a 3rd-party candidate in 2016, it will become the Republican Party's worst nightmare. The GOP had better not try to screw-over The Donald, or he might leave and take his supporters and their votes with him.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

If I was Trump, I would tell them to pound on sand. I would say that those states which take him off the ballot will guarantee that he will run a third party candidacy. Butchmeup is bragging how he will kick trump's butt in South Carolina, yet he is working to get him off the ballot so his candidacy will be relevant. What a POS. Butchmeup and Trump....the Republican Party? Oh my.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I don't expect Trump to run independent or third-party.   He's having too much fun running as a Republican .... and as a Republican primary candidate polling 25% the media and the Party have to take him at least half seriously and give him some exposure.

As a third-party candidate he would be relegated to Ross Perot status in the media & dismissed.   All the Republican Party would have to do for the general election is scare the Trump voters into believing a vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary (or Bernie or Biden ... whoever the Dems end up deciding to go with.)

He has zero chance of winning the Presidency as an independent or third-party .... he has to know that. (I don't know what third-party that would be anyway? Certainly not the Libertarian Party )    

His flirtations with an independent or third-party candidacv have been just to scare the bejesus out of the Republican Party establishment into giving him some degree of respect as a candidate.   And that he has done.

He's not likely to win the Republican nomination.   He's probably peaked at around 25% for the Republican primary.   That leaves 75% currently split among 10 or more other candidates.   What happens when the lesser candidates drop out & that 75% is split between only two other candidates? Well, at convention time that makes Trump the "king-maker" and if the Republican nominee ends up winning the general election s/he will be somewhat beholden to Trump..   His "Trump card" (pun intended  Laughing  ) will be his 25% of the delegates.  

It's the "Art of the Deal."   He's playing the Republican Party like a fiddle and they Party establishment doesn't even see it (or maybe they do?)

(I reserve the right to adjust that analysis/prediction at any time)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum