Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anti-Gun Viewpoint In Today's PNJ

+2
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Viewpoint: Look at the evidence on gun safety

http://www.pnj.com/story/opinion/2015/08/28/viewpoint-look-evidence-gun-safety/71304160/

Note from the viewpoint about the author:

F. Norman Vickers is a retired physician who practiced in Pensacola for 36 years. He is a community activist and serious amateur musician. He has lived safely in Pensacola over 50 years with no guns in his home or on his person.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Most courageous people who are not Scardy cats never carry a weapon, but most Americans have a gun in their home who hunt......some want to hunt humans......too bad they will live a lifetime and never be bothered.....too many John Wayne movies for too many scared people.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Viewpoint: Look at the evidence on gun safety

http://www.pnj.com/story/opinion/2015/08/28/viewpoint-look-evidence-gun-safety/71304160/

Note from the viewpoint about the author:

F. Norman Vickers is a retired physician who practiced in Pensacola for 36 years. He is a community activist and serious amateur musician. He has lived safely in Pensacola over 50 years with no guns in his home or on his person.

Yes he was safe....he has lived in a safe area, worked in a safe secure area and has had secure parking during his 36 years of practice.

2seaoat

Yes he was safe....he has lived in a safe area, worked in a safe secure area and has had secure parking during his 36 years of practice.

I have been jumped once in 63 years by criminals. Most will live a lifetime and never see any type of personal assault. Mental illness strikes some people where they fear to leave their homes. Societal mental illness has set in......we have less chance to be a victim of crime in 2015 than at any time in the last fifty years, but this political manipulation of racial hate in America has people afraid that the boogey man is going to get them.....reality is another story, but paranoia is a clinical certainty. The doctor is correct. Frightened and scared to death is no way to go through life.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I was chased by thugs intending to kill me in the Philippines, had enemy shells exploding in front and behind me and bombs dropping all around me in Vietnam, slept in a canoe night after night in the Everglades while gators bumped it.... ...never scared at all....I still carry a gun... trust in god and keep your powder dry.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Yes he was safe....he has lived in a safe area, worked in a safe secure area and has had secure parking during his 36 years of practice.

I have been jumped once in 63 years by criminals.  Most will live a lifetime and never see any type of personal assault.  Mental illness strikes some people where they fear to leave their homes.  Societal mental illness has set in......we have less chance to be a victim of crime in 2015 than at any time in the last fifty years, but this political manipulation of racial hate in America has people afraid that the boogey man is going to get them.....reality is another story, but paranoia is a clinical certainty.  The doctor is correct.   Frightened and scared to death is no way to go through life.

I think it is a different situation for people that do not have safety and a secret use setting on their side.

I do not feel threatened or afraid.

2seaoat

I still carry a gun.

I could understand it if you had been a repeated crime victim in America, or you had somebody threatening you, I just do not get the fear of carrying a gun. I have lived with guns my whole life and as a young child my weekends were spent with my family shooting at the gun club. I just do not get it. I have NEVER walked a street in America where I thought I needed a gun. I have walked the near west side of Chicago in the worst gangbanger neighborhoods and my daughter freaked, but I never once felt threatened or in danger.....in my life now a concealed weapon makes little sense, but I have always been pretty bad on risk assessment. Just do not get the fear. Maybe I am just too stupid to know how much danger I am in.....or maybe my assessment is correct and I am not in danger....either way I will never get conceal and carry for the average citizen.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:I still carry a gun.

I could understand it if you had been a repeated crime victim in America, or you had somebody threatening you, I just do not get the fear of carrying a gun.  I have lived with guns my whole life and as a young child my weekends were spent with my family shooting at the gun club.  I just do not get it.  I have NEVER walked a street in America where I thought I needed a gun.  I have walked the near west side of Chicago in the worst gangbanger neighborhoods and my daughter freaked, but I never once felt threatened or in danger.....in my life now a concealed weapon makes little sense, but I have always been pretty bad on risk assessment.  Just do not get the fear.  Maybe I am just too stupid to know how much danger I am in.....or maybe my assessment is correct and I am not in danger....either way I will never get conceal and carry for the average citizen.

Good for you....I'll carry two, one for you also..

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:....either way I will never get conceal and carry for the average citizen.

Vermont has had legal concealed carry since .... well, forever.   No permit required.  It's never been a problem.

Look at the exponential increase in regular citizens carrying now that most States have liberalized the availability of concealed carry permits.  Has there been an epidemic of unlawful or accidental shootings by concealed carry permit holders because of this?    Perhaps you could point to a very few incidents ... but nothing like the decriers of concealed carry would have us expect.  Did any of the mass-shooters of recent years have concealed carry permits that facilitated the commission of their heinous crimes?

Concealed is actually a safer way for a law-abiding citizen to carry a personal defense handgun.   Certainly safer than open carry.   As for criminals .... well, they're gonna carry concealed anyway, regardless of the law because, well, they're criminals.

A physician never lives and rarely works in an area where he/she needs a weapon. We don't live in the Howdy Doody days anymore Seaoat. People are killed every day in home invasions- yes even in Pensacola. Remember the McAdams murder where the perps raped Gary mCAdams wife and forced him to watch and then they took him out of the bedroom and shot him execution style? Had McAdams been armed, none of that happens and just because you've never experienced it, doesn't mean nobody else will. Over 1200 people in Chicago alone this year are gun death victims. The year isn't even closer to being over. You keep applying Howdy Doody explanations to a world that it no longer exists. Wake up and get into 2015

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:Remember the McAdams murder where the perps raped Gary mCAdams wife and forced him to watch and then they took him out of the bedroom and shot him execution style?2015

Talk about  'Howdy Doody' explanations.... Your recall of local history seems to be lacking.  confused

Gary McAdams was, in fact armed. The perps managed to get ahold of his pistol, and held him at gunpoint with it, before killing him with it.

I believe they entered the home with a knife and held the McAdams at knifepoint until they found his gun.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:Remember the McAdams murder where the perps raped Gary mCAdams wife and forced him to watch and then they took him out of the bedroom and shot him execution style?2015

Talk about  'Howdy Doody' explanations.... Your recall of local history seems to be lacking.  confused

Gary McAdams was, in fact armed. The perps managed to get ahold of his pistol, and held him at gunpoint with it, before killing him with it.

I believe they entered the home with a knife and held the McAdams at knifepoint until they found his gun.

Wrong answer dweeb. They confronted McAdams and his wife OUTSIDE the home. Had McAdams been carrying concealed, several dirtbags would have earned a dirtnap that night. If anyone's history is lacking, it is your own.

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/14/pensacola-man-executed-tomorrow-kormondy/21752779/

July 1993 murder of Gary McAdams and the rape of McAdams' wife, Cecilia, who had just returned home from her high school reunion late in the evening. The couple was confronted just outside their home by Kormondy and two others, who forced their way inside. Kormondy and his accomplices repeatedly raped Cecilia McAdams, and shot Gary in the back of the head. The Associated Press doesn't usually identify the victims of sexual assault but Cecelia McAdams has spoken publicly about her rape and her husband's murder.

Prosecutors said Kormondy had recruited the two others after watching the McAdams house in preparation for a burglary, and that he also threatened to kill witnesses who testified at his trial.

Here is more moron...you are such a little left wing dork that sucks the teats of the left it is amazing your brain still works to type on the keyboard and make posts here. More from the Florida Supreme Court....and NO they didn't use a gun of McAdams' for the murder...

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/clerk/briefs/pre_2000/96000/96197_ini.pdf

3. Cold, Calculated, and Premeditated:5
The evidence establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that the
Defendant and his two accomplices, Buffkin and Hazen, entered the
McAdams’ home forcibly and at gunpoint with a premeditated intent
to commit robbery and burglary and, to avoid detection and arrest,
eliminating the victims.

The Defendant’s participation in the rape of Mrs. McAdams by
various means and the execution style murder of Mr. McAdams...
V2R206, V2R193 (Emphasis supplied).
the evidence was overwhelming that the killing of Gary McAdams was
pre-planned and that the killing was an execution inasmuch as Gary
McAdams was shot in the back of the head while kneeling on the
kitchen floor and that Kormondy was the executioner.

The evidence establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that the
Defendant and his two accomplices, Buffkin and Hazen, entered the
McAdams’ home forcibly and at gunpoint with a premeditated intent
to commit robbery and burglary and, to avoid detection and arrest,
eliminating the victims.

The Defendant’s participation in the rape of Mrs. McAdams by
various means and the execution style murder of Mr. McAdams
dictate that there can be no doubt in any person’s mind but that the
Defendant intended to inflict a high degree of pain upon Mrs.
McAdams by forcing her to submit to the multiple rapes and
Defendant intended to inflict a high degree of pain and mental anguish
upon Mr. McAdams who was caused to kneel in the kitchen while his
wife was being assaulted time and again by the Defendants.

There is absolutely no indication that during the entire course of the
Defendant’s criminal conduct did he show any conscious compassion
or pity for either of the victims.

-----

Read the rest for yourself idiot.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:Here is more moron...you are such a little left wing dork that sucks the teats of the left it is amazing your brain still works to type on the keyboard and make posts here. Read the rest for yourself idiot.

Oh, such insults....... I am so crushed I should just put-up semi-demented poster Markle's Socrates meme, and just call it a day for posting here...... Embarassed

Actually, I pick on you so much that it is a welcome relief to see you strike back at me......  cyclops  

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I still carry a gun.

I could understand it if you had been a repeated crime victim in America, or you had somebody threatening you, I just do not get the fear of carrying a gun.  I have lived with guns my whole life and as a young child my weekends were spent with my family shooting at the gun club.  I just do not get it.  I have NEVER walked a street in America where I thought I needed a gun.  I have walked the near west side of Chicago in the worst gangbanger neighborhoods and my daughter freaked, but I never once felt threatened or in danger..... in my life now a concealed weapon makes little sense, but I have always been pretty bad on risk assessment.  Just do not get the fear.  Maybe I am just too stupid to know how much danger I am in.....or maybe my assessment is correct and I am not in danger....either way I will never get conceal and carry for the average citizen.

I pray you did not drag your daughter through the gang banger neighborhoods of Chicago. I lived in Chicago, have relatives who live on the North side of Chicago plus the National Association of Realtors main office is in Chicago so I have visited frequently. I would never, ever, for any reason whatsoever walk in ANY of those areas. To do so is STUPID. If you took your daughter, you are BEYOND STUPID and BEYOND DESCRIPTION.

If we're ever in Chicago together, I'll treat you and your wife to David Burkes Primehouse at the James Hotel.

Anti-Gun Viewpoint In Today's PNJ 2seaoat_zps17fcm2j1

2seaoat

I would never, ever, for any reason whatsoever walk in ANY of those areas. To do so is STUPID. If you took your daughter, you are BEYOND STUPID and BEYOND DESCRIPTION.

I am 6 foot 3 and weigh 235 lbs and had shorter hair and look like undercover LEO......I have never been bothered, nor was I for a second afraid. You really are a frightened senior citizen to think a walk through the projects is the end of the world.....first, they would bother you, because an animal can sense fear.....animals do not like crazy or cops.......in either case they are not going to risk finding out. Just because somebody is black does not make them a bad asz or a criminal. Almost all the violence and gun play in Chicago's west and south side is gang relatead. I have been in rooms with stone cold killers drugged up and unable to have a scintilla of humanity.....those folks scare me......but walking among poor people where some pasty old white generalizations about how dangerous it is......well that is too sad to comment. My daughter worries about me because she is putting those stone cold killers in jail......she sees the worst every day and has to deal with the victims....who are seldom white, middle class, but poor and hopeless black and hispanic young people. I guess we will have to wait for fear to simply die, and younger people can be afraid of real things....not imagined threats. How sad to think it is heroic to be among poor people.....your fear is sad.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat there are people that live in the projects that don't walk around, especially at night. It is not because the people are poor it's because of gang bangers.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I would never, ever, for any reason whatsoever walk in ANY of those areas. To do so is STUPID. If you took your daughter, you are BEYOND STUPID and BEYOND DESCRIPTION.

I am 6 foot 3 and weigh 235 lbs and had shorter hair and look like undercover LEO......I have never been bothered, nor was I for a second afraid.  You really are a frightened senior citizen to think a walk through the projects is the end of the world.....first,  they would bother you, because an animal can sense fear.....animals do not like crazy or cops.......in either case they are not going to risk finding out.  Just because somebody is black does not make them a bad asz or a criminal.  Almost all the violence and gun play in Chicago's west and south side is gang relatead.  I have been in rooms with stone cold killers drugged up and unable to have a scintilla of humanity.....those folks scare me......but walking among poor people where some pasty old white generalizations  about how dangerous it is......well that is too sad to comment.  My daughter worries about me because she is putting those stone cold killers in jail......she sees the worst every day and has to deal with the victims....who are seldom white, middle class, but poor and hopeless black and hispanic young people.  I guess we will have to wait for fear to simply die, and younger people can be afraid of real things....not imagined threats.  How sad to think it is heroic to be among poor people.....your fear is sad.

Anti-Gun Viewpoint In Today's PNJ 2seaoat_zps17fcm2j1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum