Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump wants to correct America's failing Bridges, Roads, Tunnels, etc.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I don't get it. For eight years Obama tries to get support for repairing our infrastructure and gets united republican opposition. Trump says he wants to do the same thing and gets cheering crowds of fans.

It really tells you something about the depth of white racism in the republican party. The Trump crowd doesn't hate infrastructure repair, it just hates Obama.

Reality.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I, for one, would like to know where The Donald thinks he's gonna get all the money for his big plans?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

EmeraldGhost wrote:I, for one, would like to know where The Donald thinks he's gonna get all the money for his big plans?

He says he's going to change the tax laws and take away all the deductions that give big breaks to corporations.  He also says he's going to bring back our overseas manufacturing jobs which will dramatically increase tax revenues.  It's hard to argue with that kind of sensible logic.  On those points, even I like him!

As for myself, I'd start by cutting the military budget 50%. More than is needed for infrastructure correction!

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Wordslinger wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:I, for one, would like to know where The Donald thinks he's gonna get all the money for his big plans?

He says he's going to change the tax laws and take away all the deductions that give big breaks to corporations.  He also says he's going to bring back our overseas manufacturing jobs which will dramatically increase tax revenues.  It's hard to argue with that kind of sensible logic.  On those points, even I like him!

As for myself, I'd start by cutting the military budget 50%.   More than is needed for infrastructure correction!

And supposing these revenues don't materialize?

I hardly see how getting in trade wars with other countries is going to increase our Federal government's revenue. If you think other countries are going to give up jobs/trade without a fight ..... I'd say you've got another think coming.

Let's take washers & dryers for instance.

If you coerce GE to return the manufacture of US sold washer/dryers to the USA .... what will be the price of a washer/dryer in the USA while the rest of the world continues to buy consumer products manufactured in Mexico, Indonesia, China, etc?

Does Trump really think we would be able to export those American made washer/dryers at a profit ... especially in the face of retaliatory tariffs? It's not like we're the only country anymore with the ability, infrastructure, technology, etc to produce a lot of goods that used to be made primarily by/in the USA.

Trump may be a shrewd real-estate businessman, he's no dummy that's for sure ... but he's no big-picture economist either. Don't get me wrong ... I like some of what he says & glad he's brought certain issues to the forefront of the Presidential campaign, and I like his style ..... but I'm pretty dan skeptical of his solutions to a lot of things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum