Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump and the gop

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
gatorfan
boards of FL
Sal
nadalfan
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Trump and the gop Empty Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 3:55 pm

nadalfan

I realize Graham is not doing well, but is he right about this?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-dark-side-gop

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC) said in an interview with CNN on Tuesday that fellow candidate Donald Trump has tapped into the "dark side" of the GOP.

Graham was explaining how his rival has managed to dominate the Republican presidential race, polling as high as 35 percent depending on the survey. Graham said the support still represented a minority of the GOP.

“Twenty-five percent of our party that probably thinks Obama was born in Kenya or wants to believe that. There’s 25 percent of our party wants him to be a Muslim because they hate him so much," Graham said. "So, there’s a dark side of politics that Mr. Trump is appealing to."

Graham initially used the interview to defend his dismal poll numbers in his home state, South Carolina, but pivoted into a more specific attack on the GOP frontrunner. He said a Trump nomination would "kill" the GOP.

"The leader of our party has come up with a deportation plan that is Joseph McCarthy-like and he is saying things about Megyn Kelly and other women that are digging a big hole. And the chairman of our party said Trump was a net positive. Let me tell you, I think he's hurting our party."

He also said Trump's plan to get rid of birthright citizenship was constitutionally unsound.

"He's shallow. He's ill-prepared to be commander in chief," Graham said. "He doesn't know what he's talking about in terms of how our laws work. He says the worst things possible about immigrants and women. And he's a complete idiot about Mideast policy."

Trump's strategy to defeat the Islamic State terrorist group, he said, was worse than President Obama's, a strategy which which Graham has repeatedly voiced discontent.

Graham used some of his Southern charm to end the interview: "Come to South Carolina. I'll beat his brains out."

2Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:01 pm

Sal

Sal

Trump is a symptom.

The condition of the GOP base is the disease.

3Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:05 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I seriously cannot wait until the next GOP debate.

4Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:10 pm

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:I seriously cannot wait until the next GOP debate.  

You must be bored if you watch that circus. I'd much rather see a debate between Sanders and HRC so I can watch him destroy her.

5Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:15 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I don't disagree with some of what he said.

But let's not be naive about this.  Graham's campaign is desperate to get the attention of the media.  And he's now figured out the only way he can get the tv cameras and microphones trained on him is when he bashes Trump.
He obviously can't do it with his "message" alone, whatever that is.

6Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:20 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I seriously cannot wait until the next GOP debate.  

You must be bored if you watch that circus. I'd much rather see a debate between Sanders and HRC so I can watch him destroy her.

Not only are the GOP debates entertaining, but they're reassuring as well.  Nothing offers more reassurance about the 2016 general election than hearing the GOP contenders speak.

7Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:25 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

“Twenty-five percent of our party that probably thinks Obama was born in Kenya or wants to believe that. There’s 25 percent of our party wants him to be a Muslim because they hate him so much," Graham said. "So, there’s a dark side of politics that Mr. Trump is appealing to."

Heck, this describes poster Obamasucks to a proverbial "Tee." I am surprised he isn't an avowed Trump supporter already. Even semi-demented poster Markle thinks Trump is more qualified to be president than any of the Democratic candidates.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:28 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Now we have Trump's chief rival, Jeb Bush, complaining about "political correctness". I wonder where he got that from. lol

Now we have two candidates Jerry Seinfeld can get behind. lol

9Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:31 pm

Sal

Sal

Trump is just exploiting a monster long in the making.

The GOP base has been trained to reject all information sources and expert opinions, to be xenophobic and distrustful of all minorities, to think that their country is a failure and the government is out to get them, and to believe that everything they hold dear is being slowly eroded and taken away from them and given to undeserving "others".

That this monster would eventually turn on the GOP establishment and the rightwing propaganda machine was inevitable.

The GOP establishment has failed to deliver what these people want, and Trump has tapped into their impotent rage and deluded frustrations.

They don't want a President, they want a authoritarian and autocratic strongman.

10Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:38 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

Not only are the GOP debates entertaining, but they're reassuring as well.  Nothing offers more reassurance about the 2016 general election than hearing the GOP contenders speak.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Looks like Hillary is now dead meat.
And I'm still convinced Sanders can't win a general election and so is the party or they wouldn't be encouraging Biden to enter the race.
So that leaves Biden.

The problem with Biden is the same problem Hillary had. As much as you might not want to accept it, a big part of the electorate has cooled to the conventional political hacks. The career politicians Trump refers to as the "stiffs".
The problem is Biden fits that description to a T.
Now it's true that a poll just revealed to us that Biden would beat Trump by a small margin in the general election if the vote was taken now.
But that's BEFORE Biden is on the campaign trail. And that didn't get him very far with the two times he's campaigned for the Presidency before.
So I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

11Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:42 pm

nadalfan

Salinsky wrote:Trump is just exploiting a monster long in the making.

The GOP base has been trained to reject all information sources and expert opinions, to be xenophobic and distrustful of all minorities, to think that their country is a failure and the government is out to get them, and to believe that everything they hold dear is being slowly eroded and taken away from them and given to undeserving "others".

That this monster would eventually turn on the GOP establishment and the rightwing propaganda machine was inevitable.

The GOP establishment has failed to deliver what these people want, and Trump has tapped into their impotent rage and deluded frustrations.

They don't want a President, they want a authoritarian and autocratic strongman.

I agree that they unleashed this monster. I'm still in shock that people really have that kind of hate in them. I understand how you can manipulate and make people afraid, but I'm really struggling to accept that there are really people like this. That believe this is rational. I was slightly amused at first at the absurdity of it all, but it's not funny anymore. His popularity is telling and depressing.

12Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:46 pm

polecat

polecat

Trump and the gop Hot-air

T rumpbaggers

13Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:54 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's a scenario.

Hillary goes by the wayside, Trump burns out, and Sanders has limited appeal.

And we end up with a race between Joe Biden and John Kasich.

Who do you think wins then? And I'm not asking who you would WANT to win. But who you think WOULD win.

14Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 4:57 pm

Sal

Sal

Bernie.

Turn out.

Oops.

Was in a hurry and misread your question.

Ol' Handsome Joe.

If the GOP base doesn't get their Trumpster Fire, they're gonna stay home.

Last edited by Salinsky on 8/25/2015, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 5:01 pm

polecat

polecat

Bob wrote:Here's a scenario.

Hillary goes by the wayside,  Trump burns out,  and Sanders has limited appeal.

Who do you think wins then?  And I'm not asking who you would WANT to win.  But who you think WOULD win.

Coin Flip...

16Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 5:04 pm

2seaoat

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Looks like Hillary is now dead meat.

Last time I looked she had a two to one lead over her nearest challenger. I believe she will be hard to beat in the primary. Haters hated her when she was first lady, so she loses no votes to stupid. It looks like you are counting your chickens. Trump vs Hillary would be a run away landslide for the Democrats.

17Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 5:07 pm

2seaoat

The closest thing to the Hillary witch hunt would be the talk of impeaching President Obama when folks were listing all the impeachable things he had done.....and they did it with the straightest faces....same folks who are saying that the email server was a violation of the law........nope......just blowing smoke.

18Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 5:12 pm

I don't think biden would enter the race unless he had insider info that hillary is doomed.

19Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 5:18 pm

Sal

Sal

A State Department spokesman was interviewed twice over the weekend, and basically said Clinton did nothing improper.

It was barely reported.

20Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 5:46 pm

Sal

Sal

“We know his goal is to make America great again,” a woman said. “It’s on his hat. And we see it every time it’s on TV. Everything that he’s doing, there’s no doubt why he’s doing it: it’s to make America great again.”

http://time.com/4009413/donald-trump-focus-group-frank-luntz/

"It's on his hat."

Oy vey!

21Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 5:54 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:Here's a scenario.

Hillary goes by the wayside,  Trump burns out,  and Sanders has limited appeal.

Who do you think wins then?  And I'm not asking who you would WANT to win.  But who you think WOULD win.

Very plausible.

That would be my prediction at this stage of the game.

(Of course a lot can happen in a year)

22Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 5:59 pm

Salinsky wrote:A State Department spokesman was interviewed twice over the weekend, and basically said Clinton did nothing improper.

It was barely reported.

The state department is a huge part of the problem. They apparently didn't even know that hillary was conducting her emails outside of govt authorization. They have been slow to incompetent in responding to the rightful records requests.

A judge has had to twist arms to force cooperation... and just last week ordered them to get fbi updates on the server.

23Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 6:04 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
The state department is a huge part of the problem.

What problem?

24Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 6:05 pm

2seaoat

Hillary is teflon. She will face NO criminal sanctions, and she will win the primary. However, it is good for the Democrats to think that the primary is heated and contested. Biden is a great guy, but he never could come close in a contested primary with Hillary. The first woman, like the first Black is going to have to take the heat in the kitchen. Hillary never expected it to be easy. She is the most experienced intelligent woman in the race and it is about time for men to get used to competent women being in politics. Most of the anti Hillary stuff is just tiny weenies worried about a powerful woman.....too funny.

25Trump and the gop Empty Re: Trump and the gop 8/25/2015, 6:09 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Graham was right about Trump; unfortunately, Trump is not the GOP's only problem...by far. As for Kasich, he's an old-school Reaganomics aficionado, like most Republican governors...and that formula is wreaking havoc with state budgets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum