Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some day our kids are going to ask us WHY WE DID NOTHING. ISIS ENSHRINES A THEOLOGY OF RAPE

+4
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Some day our kids are going to ask us WHY WE DID NOTHING

An excellent article about what is happening in the world.

ISIS ENSHRINES A THEOLOGY OF RAPE

Two excerpts.

A total of 5,270 Yazidis were abducted last year, and at least 3,144 are still being held, according to community leaders. To handle them, the Islamic State has developed a detailed bureaucracy of sex slavery, including sales contracts notarized by the ISIS-run Islamic courts. And the practice has become an established recruiting tool to lure men from deeply conservative Muslim societies, where casual sex is taboo and dating is forbidden.

[...]

“Every time that he came to rape me, he would pray,” said F, a 15-year-old girl who was captured on the shoulder of Mount Sinjar one year ago and was sold to an Iraqi fighter in his 20s. Like some others interviewed by The New York Times, she wanted to be identified only by her first initial because of the shame associated with rape.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/world/middleeast/isis-enshrines-a-theology-of-rape.html?_r=1

They won't care until it happens here.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

iSIS works for us. They are our proxy army. Remember our troops refused to help them take out Assad It's not even a very well hidden secret. They don't attack Israel because we control them.

2seaoat

When ISIS is attacking Israel, we will have a legitimate threat, but the Saudis and Israel funded ISIS to break up Iraq and make it a weaker nation state which could not threaten Israel and Saudi Arabia.   The question should be why did we invade Iraq and kill 100k civilians and cause the chaos based on a flawed constitution which by design was to fail and cause permanent discord and the type of behavior you find repulsive now, but had no problem when we were killing civilians on a bogus premise.  ISIS will dissolve once Israel and the Saudis understand that America is not going back into the middle east......four million are in Middle East armed forces as they buy from our MIC, let them take care of their problems.

Markle

Markle

Here is a prime, stunning example of too many of the general public.

They TOTALLY ignore the topic of the thread. It is far from the topic because it is so excruciatingly painful to consider the topic.

That topic is children being sold and traded for the sole purpose of living a life of rape and sexual abuse by whomever paid the price.

Tough topic. Easy for Progressives to ignore.

by TEOTWAWKI Today at 4:48 am
iSIS works for us. They are our proxy army. Remember our troops refused to help them take out Assad It's not even a very well hidden secret. They don't attack Israel because we control them.
----
Obama is a Shia Muslim so Isis don't work for us

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Well, the USA did nothing during the Rape of Nanking ... and I don't remember blaming my parents or grandparents for it.   Nor has my kid mentioned it to me.

And ISIS does not have a cohesive national structure nor the industrial capacity imperial Japan did, nor are they likely to ever acquire either.

Let 'em sort it out for themselves I say ....heck, let Iran go in & sort it out for 'em if necessary.   Maybe the US can assist via air-power, but somebody else needs to lead the effort ....  NO MORE US TROOPS IN THE MIDDLE EAST! (yes, I'm yelling)  

I had no problem with going into Iraq in the first place, (even Hillary & Kerry voted for it)  but we should have left the day we pulled Saddam Hussein out of his spider-hole (actually, we should have shot him in the hole, poured diesel in it & burned him to ashes, then filled it in) & finished our WMD search ... and not rebuilt one bit of infrastructure for them nor left one US dollar or piece of equipment/armament behind.  Defying the USA to the point of war should have consequences ... consequences that take years to recover from.   And we should have left the bulk of the Iraqi army standing (minus the Republican Guard) as well as the Bath Party members in the regular civil service. They'd have begged US oil companies to come in & rebuild their oil fields ... and provided the security. 

Our continued meddling in their internal affairs is what's caused this mess.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

EmeraldGhost wrote:Well, the USA did nothing during the Rape of Nanking ... and I don't remember blaming my parents or grandparents for it.   Nor has my kid mentioned it to me.

And ISIS does not have a cohesive national structure nor the industrial capacity imperial Japan did, nor are they likely to ever acquire either.

Let 'em sort it out for themselves I say ....heck, let Iran go in & sort it out for 'em if necessary.   Maybe the US can assist via air-power, but somebody else needs to lead the effort ....  NO MORE US TROOPS IN THE MIDDLE EAST! (yes, I'm yelling)  

I had no problem with going into Iraq in the first place, (even Hillary & Kerry voted for it)  but we should have left the day we pulled Saddam Hussein out of his spider-hole (actually, we should have shot him in the hole, poured diesel in it & burned him to ashes, then filled it in) & finished our WMD search ... and not rebuilt one bit of infrastructure for them nor left one US dollar or piece of equipment/armament behind.  Defying the USA to the point of war should have consequences ... consequences that take years to recover from.   And we should have left the bulk of the Iraqi army standing (minus the Republican Guard) as well as the Bath Party members in the regular civil service.   They'd have begged US oil companies to come in & rebuild their oil fields ... and provided the security. 

Our continued meddling in their internal affairs is what's caused this mess.

That's our biggest problem, we feel compelled to meddle in other country's affairs. Saddam was never our enemy. Bush, Cheney and Wolfowitz was.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:Obama is a Shia Muslim so Isis don't work for us

Your anus speaks loudly for you, doesn't it? I bet you close your eyes every time you stroll past the portrait of your commander in chief that is prominently displayed in your squadron area.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/18/has-anyone-here-been-raped-by-isis.html

DOUBLE STANDARD 05.18.155:15 AM ET

‘Has Anyone Here Been Raped by ISIS?’

The public’s interest in knowing explicit details of sexual violence must not outweigh these victims’ urgent need for safety and privacy.

ERBIL, Iraq — It’s been more than 50 years since a British journalist who came across a group of Belgian nuns in war-ravaged Congo was heard to shout, “Anyone here been raped and speaks English?” But the callousness of that line, made infamous as the title of a book by veteran correspondent Edward Behr, remains with us today. If anything, the reportorial cynicism and exploitation of the victims may be worse.

Iraqi and international journalists who have reported on Yazidi women and girls escaping from ISIS captivity have focused obsessively on slave markets, forced marriage, and rape.

I live in Iraqi Kurdistan, where I’ve met a number of these journalists, including those looking for contacts in the Yazidi community. When I ask journalists about their reasons for highlighting sexual violence, I hear different responses. Some claim that dramatic stories are the only way to grab people’s attention and to get them to care and react. One journalist told me that by getting the victim to talk, she was helping her to deal with her trauma and shame.

ISIS recently released another 216 Yazidis in Kirkuk, and women and children continue to flee, although those numbers have gone down significantly in the past few months. And journalists persist in finding those escaped victims to ask them about sexual violence they suffered in captivity, despite the fact that they are traumatized and may face retaliation or rejection if such details emerge.

Does the public’s interest in knowing explicit details of sexual violence outweigh these victims’ urgent need for safety and privacy? I don’t think so and there are indications that victims would agree.

In extreme cases, journalists have tricked victims into giving interviews. In its report “Escape from Hell,” Amnesty International tells the story of a woman who had requested medical assistance because she was having panic attacks. Instead of being taken into a doctor’s office, she was taken to a room full of journalists waiting to interview her.

In extreme cases, journalists have tricked victims into giving interviews.
In another reported case, a man who seems to have been a journalist but who claimed to be a doctor videotaped victims while telling them that he would not show their faces. The women reported to Amnesty International that the doctor advised them, “To cure our depression we should get out of the house and go for walks in the fields and sit in the sun.”

Many of the reports on Yazidi women and girls have focused overwhelmingly on details of sexual violence, although this was not the only form of abuse ISIS inflicted onto these victims. Nor was every prisoner raped.

One of the consequences of this obsessive reporting on rape has been that all of the escapees are now suspected by their families, community, and aid workers of having been raped while in captivity. They are all now collectively stigmatized and shamed.

Several television documentaries showed victims distraught and crying. Others revealed names and faces of victims, or a tattoo, headscarf or clothing that could identify them.

Iraqis have broadband Internet and satellite television and by broadcasting these images, journalists have compromised the safety and privacy of victims.

In February, NBC News published an article about aid workers helping Yazidi women who escaped from ISIS. In the middle of the article, NBC put the disclaimer, “NBC News does not usually identify victims of sexual assault, but obtained permission from the young women identified in this piece, as well as their current guardians.”

Why the double standard for victims overseas when this would never be allowed in the United States?

These victims are part of a conservative society where women and girls must maintain family honor by living according to rigid social and sexual traditions. In Iraqi society, one of the ways in which women and girls can lose their honor is if they are kidnapped and suspected of being raped. ISIS is using rape as a weapon of war against Yazidi women and girls ito dishonor the entire Yazidi community.
“We are just waiting to die,” two young women who had escaped from ISIS told me while I was meeting with them to apply for emergency funds. They had managed, with great difficulty, to avoid forced marriage and rape but still felt hopeless about their futures. Another young teenager I met was forced to marry a militant and escaped a month later. She did not feel safe and told me, “I am afraid of being kidnapped again. My ‘husband’ calls my relative’s phone looking for me.”
Many of these victims are now living scattered throughout Iraqi Kurdistan in tents and settlements of unfinished buildings. Everyone knows who they are and they are afraid to leave their dwellings, afraid that people will criticize them for having no honor.

When journalists go to conflict zones to report on sexual violence, under international media protocols they have an obligation to conduct ethical interviews. This includes taking into consideration the level of trauma the victim has suffered and what impact the interview will have. Applying ethical guidelines would go a long way towards preventing re-victimization and re-traumatization.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:They TOTALLY ignore the topic of the thread.  It is far from the topic because it is so excruciatingly painful to consider the topic.

It is a stupid topic. We already know what your semi-demented opinion is on ISIS and what they do to people. You are pro-war, pro-intervention; and you have been spinning propaganda about this ever since President Obama withdrew the majority of our troops from Iraq.

Luckily for the world, we keep you busy on this no-name Internet forum so you cannot influence the people at large with your semi-demented thoughts.
Razz

Maybe it was a bad idea for obama to be aiding them (and al quida) as "moderates" in syria?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Some day our kids are going to ask us WHY WE DID NOTHING.  ISIS ENSHRINES A THEOLOGY OF RAPE Mccain-syria-rebels

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:They TOTALLY ignore the topic of the thread.  It is far from the topic because it is so excruciatingly painful to consider the topic.

It is a stupid topic. We already know what your semi-demented opinion is on ISIS and what they do to people. You are pro-war, pro-intervention; and you have been spinning propaganda about this ever since President Obama withdrew the majority of our troops from Iraq.

Luckily for the world, we keep you busy on this no-name Internet forum so you cannot influence the people at large with your semi-demented thoughts. Razz

Stupid topic? Says so much about you!

“Every time that he came to rape me, he would pray,” said F, a 15-year-old girl

Sal

Sal

Did you get a recruiting gig for ISIS, Ol' Man Markle?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Stupid topic?  Says so much about you!

Luckily for the world, we keep you busy on this no-name Internet forum so you cannot influence the people at large with your semi-demented thoughts. Razz

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Stupid topic?  Says so much about you!

Luckily for the world, we keep you busy on this no-name Internet forum so you cannot influence the people at large with your semi-demented thought. Razz

THANK YOU for being so candid! Not many people would believe that the rape of children is a laughing matter.

Your family must be so proud of you.

2seaoat

THANK YOU for being so candid! Not many people would believe that the rape of children is a laughing matter.

What is not a laughing matter is a 100k dead civilians in a bad war in Iraq, and those same people who unleashed this living hell on mankind want to double down and kill some more.....we need to get out and give no incentive to the bastards that are backing ISIS and trying to lure us back into the mess. We protect by getting out....could not be more simple.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:THANK YOU for being so candid! Not many people would believe that the rape of children is a laughing matter.

What is not a laughing matter is a 100k dead civilians in a bad war in Iraq, and those same people who unleashed this living hell on mankind want to double down and kill some more.....we need to get out and give no incentive to the bastards that are backing ISIS and trying to lure us back into the mess.   We protect by getting out....could not be more simple.

Not the topic here but, as you well know and cannot absorb is the FACT that Saddam Hussein killed more civilians during his reign than were killed during the war. All semi-retired President Obama had to do was maintain the troop level recommended to him by all his military advisors and it would still be peaceful in Iraq and we would not have heard of ISIS.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:...and it would still be peaceful in Iraq and we would not have heard of ISIS.

Some day our kids are going to ask us WHY WE DID NOTHING.  ISIS ENSHRINES A THEOLOGY OF RAPE 60327634

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:[/b]...and it would still be peaceful in Iraq and we would not have heard of ISIS.[/b]

Some day our kids are going to ask us WHY WE DID NOTHING.  ISIS ENSHRINES A THEOLOGY OF RAPE 60327634

It is well known that facts greatly disturb you.

Some day our kids are going to ask us WHY WE DID NOTHING.  ISIS ENSHRINES A THEOLOGY OF RAPE Socratestoo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum