Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Police Unions Are Just Dicks For the Sake of Being Dicks

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

A post Sunday on the Facebook page of a Missouri police union declared the one-year anniversary of the shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown to be "Darren Wilson Day," after the police officer who killed him, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The post on the page of the Columbia Police Officers' Association incited outrage in the college town, including among city officials. Protestors gathered Monday outside the police department, according to the newspaper.

The post said the shooting had nothing to do with race and referred to Wilson, who was a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, as an "innocent, but persecuted, officer," according to the Post-Dispatch. It also said Wilson was innocent because of "the fact that he was thoroughly investigated... and found he did NOTHING wrong," according to the report.

The post was shared almost 60 times, according to an ABC affiliate.

During the Monday demonstration, Columbia's city manager and the police chief locked arms with demonstrators, according to the TV station.

The union is a "trade organization that is not accountable to the City of Columbia," Robert McDavid, the mayor of Columbia posted on Facebook.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/darren-wilson-day-police-post

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Police Unions Are Just Dicks For the Sake of Being Dicks Mb-1

This was posted on FB on a page titled "Police Officers".

2seaoat

Police, fire, and teachers unions have their own agendas which are not always what is best for a community.  I believe in their absolute right to form, but it is exactly this type of crap which takes away from real solutions.  Shame on the Union.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:

A post Sunday on the Facebook page of a Missouri police union declared the one-year anniversary of the shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown to be "Darren Wilson Day," after the police officer who killed him, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The post on the page of the Columbia Police Officers' Association incited outrage in the college town, including among city officials. Protestors gathered Monday outside the police department, according to the newspaper.

The post said the shooting had nothing to do with race and referred to Wilson, who was a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, as an "innocent, but persecuted, officer," according to the Post-Dispatch. It also said Wilson was innocent because of "the fact that he was thoroughly investigated... and found he did NOTHING wrong," according to the report.

The post was shared almost 60 times, according to an ABC affiliate.

During the Monday demonstration, Columbia's city manager and the police chief locked arms with demonstrators, according to the TV station.

The union is a "trade organization that is not accountable to the City of Columbia," Robert McDavid, the mayor of Columbia posted on Facebook.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/darren-wilson-day-police-post

One of the few times I support unions although I strongly disapprove of any government union.

The DAY should belong to Darren Wilson as he was hero, whom criminals and thugs tried valiantly to make him a scapegoat. Shameful!

More shootings in Ferguson last night.

Will there be more riots tonight?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

So I would have to know the answers to a few questions before I start condemning this particular police union ...

• Who (specifically) was it that posted the controversial item on the Facebook page?

• Was this an open Facebook page where anyone can post ... a members-only page .... or a page only the Administrator of the page can post on.?  

• If users can post on the page at will .... are the settings as such all posts have to be approved by an Administrator?  

• Did the Administrator of the page remove the post promptly when it came to their attention?

• Has anyone asked any officials of this union whether they endorse or condemn the post?

Oh, and ....... F*CK MiCHAEL BROWN!   He caused his own death & got what was coming to him.   Good riddance if you ask me.

Sal

Sal

Regardless of how you feel about the catalyst incident, this is not how you diffuse tensions and keep the peace.

2seaoat

Oh, and ....... F*CK MiCHAEL BROWN!   He caused his own death & got what was coming to him.   Good riddance if you ask me.

On Hannity last night the lawyer for the Brown family all but said that a civil trial is going to happen.  We will finally get witnesses under oath testifying before a jury, and most importantly being cross examined.  This trial should put the unrest to bed.   OJ skated through the criminal phase, but the burden in a civil trial is much less.  Of course the family may be bought off with a big pay day and there never will be a trial.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Oh, and ....... F*CK MiCHAEL BROWN!   He caused his own death & got what was coming to him.   Good riddance if you ask me.

On Hannity last night the lawyer for the Brown family all but said that a civil trial is going to happen.  We will finally get witnesses under oath testifying before a jury, and most importantly being cross examined.  This trial should put the unrest to bed.   OJ skated through the criminal phase, but the burden in a civil trial is much less.  Of course the family may be bought off with a big pay day and there never will be a trial.

EVEN Eric Holder's Justice Department COULD NOT FIND A CASE.

Nuff said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum