Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

American killed in attack on US Consulate in Libya, security official says, following Egyptian protest at US embassy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

A movie attacking Islam's prophet Muhammad sparked assaults on U.S. diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt on Tuesday. A Libyan security official reported an American was shot to death as protesters burned the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, and in Cairo, protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy walls and replaced an American flag with an Islamic banner.

It was the first such assaults on U.S. diplomatic facilities in either country, at a time when both Libya and Egypt are struggling to overcome the turmoil following the ouster of their longtime leaders, Muammar Qaddafi and Hosni Mubarak in uprisings last year.

The protests in both countries were sparked by outrage over a video being promoted by an extreme anti-Muslim Egyptian Christian campaigner in the United States.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/11/egyptian-protesters-scale-us-embassy-wall-in-cairo/#ixzz26DTpDksI

Shit on those people. ive had it with them. leave them to thier own demise.

either we interject enlightenment... or they keep following 1500 y/o superstition...

i have no idea which iz real.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/obscure-film-mocking-muslim-prophet-sparks-anti-u-s-protests-in-egypt-and-libya/

“Innocence of Muslims,” was produced and directed by an Israeli-American, Sam Bacile, a California real-estate developer who called Islam “a cancer,” in an interview. Mr. Bacile told The Journal that he raised $5 million from about 100 Jewish donors and shot the two-hour movie in California last year.

That doesn't surprise me one bit.. Shit stirrers..

Lurch wrote:http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/obscure-film-mocking-muslim-prophet-sparks-anti-u-s-protests-in-egypt-and-libya/

“Innocence of Muslims,” was produced and directed by an Israeli-American, Sam Bacile, a California real-estate developer who called Islam “a cancer,” in an interview. Mr. Bacile told The Journal that he raised $5 million from about 100 Jewish donors and shot the two-hour movie in California last year.

That doesn't surprise me one bit.. Shit stirrers..

who gives a shit. this is america and we can say anything about any religion we want.

you can wipe your ass with a bible and I doubt there will be a uprising and murders.

these people are fanatics and murderers and there isnt any excuses.

yank every bit of aide we give them.

we should not have to edit our culture, like it or not because a bunch of murdering fanatics say they will kill us for something we say or write. We dont bend that freedom of speech for americans, why should we bend what we say here in this country for people in other countries?

I'm still waiting for a relativly good response to this. Who is running this country, HIllary Clinton? she should be, she'd probaly do a better job.

I thought obama's response was sucky, clintons atleast had a some passion

Sal

Sal

Rogue wrote:I'm still waiting for a relativly good response to this. Who is running this country, HIllary Clinton? she should be, she'd probaly do a better job.

Obama's statement was perfectly appropriate and presidential, as was Clinton's.

I don't think Romney recovers from his.

salinsky wrote:
Rogue wrote:I'm still waiting for a relativly good response to this. Who is running this country, HIllary Clinton? she should be, she'd probaly do a better job.

Obama's statement was perfectly appropriate and presidential, as was Clinton's.

I don't think Romney recovers from his.

romney made his comment before the deaths of anyone, he made them in reply to the tweets that came out of the embassy when they were appologizing for freedom of speech, then the deaths happened, then the emabssy gave another reply saying they were against the attacks and then would also stand up for freedom of speech in america. obama has since said he did not approve of the comments that came from the embassy which lambasted free speech.

I do think romney will recover.

how ever I do find it interesting that the obama administration has been appeasing these people and they attack us on 911 anniversary and NOTHING much from the media in regards to that.

Here's the original post from the embassy right before the shtf

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html

News & Events

Press Releases 2012
Press Releases 2011
Embassy Events
News from Washington
Key Reports
Fact SheetsPress Release
26U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement
September 11, 2012
The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum