Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does it really matter whether Rachel Dolezar is black or white?

+4
othershoe1030
Vikingwoman
KarlRove
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Kareem Abdul Jabbar doesn't think so ....

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/30770-let-rachel-dolezal-be-as-black-as-she-wants-to-be

That reality thing you like to use is kinda wishy washy eh?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:That reality thing you like to use is kinda wishy washy eh?

Reality -- the lady wants to be seen as a black woman. Why should it matter? Nothing wishy washy in that statement. I don't care, frankly, if she want's to be seen as basketball star, or as Semi-sane Markle. Who really cares, and why should they?

What color was she when she sued a black college for discrimination?

She's just a common fraud.

Michael Jackson clearly wanted to be seen as a white man (woman?).  How did that work out for him?

KarlRove

KarlRove

She stole an African Americsn scholarship to attend college.... Sorta fraudulent .... Or how about her job with the NAACP in Spokane? Errrrr the one she recently resigned from.....

Last edited by KarlRove on 6/17/2015, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

You raise a good point. But virtually every black pundit interviewed on TV for their opinion of the situation admits she's done a very good job at the NAACP office in Washington. Reality.
KarlRove wrote:She stole an African Americsn scholarship to attend college.... Sorta fraudulent .... Or how about her job with the NAACP in Spokane? Errrrr the one she recently reigned from.....

Speaking of frauds, how about your own claims of being a War Hero? LOL

Vikingwoman

I don't think anyone cares she is a white woman wanting to be black.She created her spectacle when she said she was black when she is clearly white. She seems to live in another reality even now after being outed. She has the audacity to say it can't be proved she isn't black now which certainly brings up questions about her mental stability. If she had said she was was white woman who identifies as black this all would have ended but she's not saying that which is disturbing.

With the logic ( Razz )being spoken in this thread it seems that Hillary could run as the first black woman.

After all, wasn't Bill the first black president? Wink

Arrow

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:You raise a good point.  But virtually every black pundit interviewed on TV for their opinion of the situation admits she's done a very good job at the NAACP office in Washington.  Reality.
KarlRove wrote:She stole an African Americsn scholarship to attend college.... Sorta fraudulent .... Or how about her job with the NAACP in Spokane? Errrrr the one she recently reigned from.....

Speaking of frauds, how about your own claims of being a War Hero?   LOL

You are the only one focused on that.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:Kareem Abdul Jabbar doesn't think so ....

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/30770-let-rachel-dolezal-be-as-black-as-she-wants-to-be

These are very interesting times indeed. I can't help compare the choice of being able to self identify racially with the choice to choose ones gender. Thanks to advances in medicine and cosmetics people have many options, which they are taking advantage of.

When FaceBook (so I've heard) has over 50 (who knew?) different ways to identify your gender and all the shades of skin color, hair texture/color etc. that we use to identify race it is a really blurry world. I don't think that's all bad either. We were always warned to not judge a book by its cover.

As Stephen Colbert says, as his character on his former show, he doesn't see color (race). Maybe now we will have to just respond/interact with others on a case by case basis minus the baggage of race or gender, just the core person. What would that be like?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm not much of a professional sports fan,  and not any kind of a basketball fan.
So I didn't have much confidence I would be reading anything of much value coming from a basketball player.

Boy did I have that wrong.  I read the whole piece including all the blog comments.  Jabbar is obviously a very intelligent and very thoughtful and very articulate individual.  And he offers a really interesting perspective on all this.  I was also very impressed with the bloggers who commented.
Good stuff.

I don't know if his portrayal of Al Jolson is accurate. But if it is, then I learned about something I never knew before. And it's pretty fascinating.

Sal

Sal

It certainly is an unusual story.

But to me, the oddest part to this and the Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner stories has been the wingnutz' furor over both.

They seem to sense a connection and a political angle that I just can't see.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The accusations are flying that she somehow posed as black to take advantage of affirmative action, but no one has offered any proof. Meanwhile, she does seem to be in denial.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yep I just read Al Jolson's wikipedia page and Jabbar was accurate.

This is not really on-topic, but something else I found on that page should be read by anyone who has ever had to get up and perform in front of an audience. Or any other kind of public speaking for that matter...

But on the opening night of Bombo, and the first performance at the new theatre, he suffered from extreme stage fright, walking up and down the streets for hours before showtime. Out of fear, he lost his voice backstage and begged the stagehands not to raise the curtains. But when the curtains went up, he "was [still] standing in the wings trembling and sweating." After being physically shoved onto the stage by his brother Harry, he performed and received an ovation that he would never forget: "For several minutes, the applause continued while Al stood and bowed after the first act." He refused to go back on stage for the second act, but the audience "just stamped its feet and chanted 'Jolson, Jolson', until he came back out." He took 37 curtain calls that night and told the audience, "I'm a happy man tonight."[23]

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
The accusations are flying that she somehow posed as black to take advantage of affirmative action, but no one has offered any proof.  Meanwhile, she does seem to be in denial.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of that too, but I read somewhere that the school says she received her scholarship solely on merit, and she sued the school for discrimination as a white woman, so that would suggest she wasn't presenting as an African-American at that time.

The whole thing is weird, but the weirdest thing is the wingnutz' reaction to all of it.

Ya... pointing out white liberal pc reactionary hypocrisy is the funny thing... not the white liberal psychosis. Lol.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:It certainly is an unusual story.

But to me, the oddest part to this and the Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner stories has been the wingnutz' furor over both.

If you think about the wing nuts' reaction it fits perfectly with their general personality type. They are more prone to being upset than people of a more liberal attitude. Right wingers are by and large of an authoritarian type and are not very flexible in thought. For this reason it is easy for say, F news and other such outlets to keep them in a nearly continuous state of upset making them easy to manipulate. It goes with the territory.

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_authoritarianism

Who called bruce gender a hero?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Who called bruce gender a hero?

Who cares?

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:

If you think about the wing nuts' reaction it fits perfectly with their general personality type. They are more prone to being upset than people of a more liberal attitude. Right wingers are by and large of an authoritarian type and are not very flexible in thought. For this reason it is easy for say, F news and other such outlets to keep them in a nearly continuous state of upset making them easy to manipulate. It goes with the territory.

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.[1]

Makes sense.

Reminds me of a guy with who I used to coach telling me that his father didn't care about anything other than smoking cigarettes and getting outraged listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Really pathetic when you stop and think about it.

Markle

Markle

Fraud. But I guess for you that only matters if it is done by a Republican or Conservative. No surprise.

She has a lot of problems. Mentioned here already was her lawsuit against Howard University for discrimination against her because she was white.

Of lesser importance, unless she sold them are the paintings, copies of others which she passed off as her own originals.

BUT, as we have seen, all this is all well and good so long as it is done with good intentions and for the good of all.

Does it really matter whether Rachel Dolezar is black or white? Hitlers-train-Amerika_zpseebd91bd

Wordslinger's proud signature! Explains so very much.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Makes sense.

Reminds me of a guy with who I used to coach telling me that his father didn't care about anything other than smoking cigarettes and getting outraged listening to Rush Limbaugh.

We had a black carpenter working for us in New Orleans. For some reason we couldn't figure out he usually had his radio tuned to Limbaugh. When I asked him why he said he loved hearing how upset Rush was all the time. It made him feel as if things must be going well, 'cause Rush was upset.  He said you should have heard his show the day after Obama was elected, twice. Priceless!

Markle

Markle

Good try, for what I have no clue what frenzy you are speaking of by "wingnutz", whoever that might be.

The Bruce Jenner/Caitlyn Jenner story has nothing, whatsoever to do with politics and was of interest to anyone because he is a world famous Olympic star. He defrauded no one and did not lie. Had he not been involved with the Kardashians. No furor by anyone other than Tabloid interest.

Phony Black Leader Rachel Dolezal lied, committed fraud and in general is one sick young lady.

Might you point out any real similarities, other than Progressives pathetic attempt to draw some similarity between the two in order to diminish the seriousness of the fraud committed by Dolezal.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Makes sense.

And, of course, you took that as being the gospel. After all, it agreed with your thinking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum