Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does it really matter whether Rachel Dolezar is black or white?

+4
othershoe1030
Vikingwoman
KarlRove
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I notice you don't even bother to post links, Markle. That must be because the vast majority of what you say is total bunk.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Sal wrote:It certainly is an unusual story.

But to me, the oddest part to this and the Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner stories has been the wingnutz' furor over both.

They seem to sense a connection and a political angle that I just can't see.

If you think about the wing nuts' reaction it fits perfectly with their general personality type. They are more prone to being upset than people of a more liberal attitude. Right wingers are by and large of an authoritarian type and are not very flexible in thought. For this reason it is easy for say, F news and other such outlets to keep them in a nearly continuous state of upset making them easy to manipulate. It goes with the territory.

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_authoritarianism

Makes sense.

Reminds me of a guy with who I used to coach telling me that his father didn't care about anything other than smoking cigarettes and getting outraged listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Really pathetic when you stop and think about it.

We had a black carpenter working for us in New Orleans. For some reason we couldn't figure out he usually had his radio tuned to Limbaugh. When I asked him why he said he loved hearing how upset Rush was all the time. It made him feel as if things must be going well, 'cause Rush was upset.  He said you should have heard his show the day after Obama was elected, twice. Priceless!

He knew that was safer than telling you that Rush was RIGHT!

I heard the show after Obama was elected. No ranting or raving. Rush laid out was he forecast was going to happen. Rush was RIGHT. Where we are today is where he said we'd be nearly seven years ago. Our foreign policy in shambles, we're back in Iraq and the Middle East is on fire, the economy is a total failure with more and more people living in poverty and on the dole for everything from food to their high speed internet connections.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I started listening to Limbaugh before he was even on a Pensacola affiliate.
Listened to him later on when I was in the car.
I've now stopped listening all together.
27 years is too long for anyone's "15 minutes".  Nobody's ideas are that good or that important. And that has nothing to do with his political bent. The same would be true for any "progressive" as well, markle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum