Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Like Obamacare, the TPP shows the admin's desire to screw over Americans through secret back door deals

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/wikileaks-offers-dollar100k-bounty-for-trade-text/ar-BBkCzDG

And now wikileaks is offering a bounty.....What's so bad about this deal that the American public cannot be told? We already got the big green weenie with the ACA and now this and none of you liberals think it is a bad idea? Really? WE have to pass it to see what is in it later? IS this what America has become?

SICK.

Sal

Sal

Ummm ....

.... a few points ....

1) right or wrong, this is the way trade deals have been negotiated for past several decades, and you're just now having a problem with it?

2) liberals are the ones pushing back hardest against it.

3) conservatives largely support it.

You find yourself in an awkward position, PeeDawg, and I'm certain you don't even realize it.

2seaoat

The People in country A can produce 100 apples per acre, 200 bushels of corn per acre.   The people in country B can produce 400 apples per acre and only 100 bushels of corn per acre .  Country A spends $1,000 labor to produce the 100 apples and 200 bushel of corn, while Country B spends $1,000 labor to produce the 400 apples and 100 bushels of corn.  If country A and B do not trade, their production/income is limited.  If they trade, their production/income is increased:

example:   Country A decides to trade 100 bushels of corn for 200 apples, and Country B gets a hundred bushels for of corn and trades 200 apples for the same.

Country A now has $250 of corn, and $1,000 of apples for a net gain of $250 by trading.

Country B now now has $1000 of corn and $250 of apples for a net gain of $250 by trading.

Trade is good.....now if you are an apple producer in Country A, or a Corn producer in Country B, you will suffer competition from trade and potential economic dislocation.....however the economic well being of the WHOLE country is improved with trade.

Sal

Sal

All trade deals are not created equally.

Workers sometimes get royally screwed, while corporatists make bank.

That is why liberals are wary, if not openly hostile, of this deal.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:All trade deals are not created equally.

Workers sometimes get royally screwed, while corporatists make bank.

That is why liberals are wary, if not openly hostile, of this deal.

I have to wonder why Obama, arguably the most liberal President ever, is so hot to trot over getting this in place.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
I have to wonder why Obama, arguably the most liberal President ever, is so hot to trot over getting this in place.

I can think of two reasons ....

1) He genuinely feels that the deal will be of benefit to the nation and its workers.

or

2) He is not "arguably the most liberal President ever" to anyone with even a cursory knowledge of history and American politics.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I can think of two reasons ....

1) He genuinely feels that the deal will be of benefit to the nation and its workers.

or

2) He is not "arguably the most liberal President ever" to anyone with even a cursory knowledge of history and American politics.

I'm sure it's probably choice 1 for whatever tippy top secret reason Obama has that the public is not privy to.

It can't be choice 2 since you obviously don't have "even a cursory knowledge of history and American politics".

Too funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum