Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fell on my liver today

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fell on my liver today Empty Fell on my liver today 5/31/2015, 11:44 pm

2seaoat

We had a windstorm which blew over our 200 amp service last week and the utility disconnected the service, and my wife and I worked all day to build a new framework which raised the service even higher out of the floodplain.  I cannot last very long with my strength quickly leaving me, but we raised the service and meter moved some concrete stairs over and will build out the stairs and platform which meets the height requirements of the utility.   I was exhausted but wanted to take the dog for a run.   We had planted some grass where I had done some bobcat work in April when everything was so dry, and decided to run the dog North on the Islands.   I get out to look at the grass and go down to the rivers edge, and I trip on a branch which I buried doing the dirt work, and I land on my  liver with nothing but my ribs to break the fall.   I feel like the liver exploded as the tumors are already pressing against the ribs.  I have not taken a pain pill for four weeks and took two after the fall.  I cannot get out of my chair and have an appointment for testing my hormone levels on June 12th.  Life has been good, but today I feel frail, weak, and vulnerable.  I will hope that the pain will be diminished in the morning and that the fall has not sped the process up......chit happens.

2Fell on my liver today Empty Re: Fell on my liver today 6/1/2015, 12:22 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Seaoat, you have to approach your physical abilities like you approach a poker game: "Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em." When it is too hard, or it becomes too unsafe to attempt something, you simply accept this as a new reality and stop trying to do it.

I am a firm believer in being innovative and trying to figure out new ways to do the same things or to get things done, but you do reach a point when you simply can't do certain things any more, and you then add that activity to the "do not attempt" list.

You need to make sure you don't take unnecessary risks for your sake and for your loved ones' sake.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3Fell on my liver today Empty Re: Fell on my liver today 6/1/2015, 12:34 pm

2seaoat

I physically was exhausted after repairing the 200 amp service, and thought a simple run with the dog in the golf cart I could handle.  I got out to inspect grading and grass I had planted three weeks ago and I was not lifting my feet and caught a buried tree branch........I am not doing well since the fall and I will try to post the electric service we installed if I can get out of the house later today as I am taking my pain pills, because you are right.....I am acting like I am ok.....it is becoming increasingly clear I am weakening, and I have not even been playing that much poker, but fold......that has always been my problem......sometimes nothing is a real cool hand......and I am heading toward nothing, and may have sped up that process yesterday.

4Fell on my liver today Empty Re: Fell on my liver today 6/1/2015, 4:16 pm

RealLindaL

Seaoat I'm so sorry to hear of your fall.  I can't imagine how painful that must be.    Still, if, as it seems it has, this fall signals you to take it easier than you have been, maybe that's a positive.  We need/want you to last a lot longer, so please take great care going forward.   There's no shame in being cautious.

5Fell on my liver today Empty Re: Fell on my liver today 6/1/2015, 5:44 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I would prefer to see more of 2seaoat and less of the Macho-Maniac. I'm sure your family would agree. You are doing things that healthy older people can no longer do. Limitations come with age and health.

6Fell on my liver today Empty Re: Fell on my liver today 6/1/2015, 6:02 pm

RealLindaL

Well stated, Joani, and you're exactly right.

7Fell on my liver today Empty Re: Fell on my liver today 6/2/2015, 1:10 am

Vikingwoman

Oh that was painful to read, Oatie! Hope the pain subsides by tomorrow. I was taking a boxful of broken bricks to the dump today and for some stupid reason decided to try and lift them into the dumpster and could not. Someone eventually helped me but on the way home I got a serious ache in my abdomen. I mean I felt it in my teeth. I thought I was having a heart attack as I was driving and started taking deep breaths which helped. I remembered when my ex-husband had a heart attack he kept himself alive by his breathing until the ambulance arrived which was forty five minutes.I think he learned that from when he was an EMT. He had a massive one too that blew out the back part of his heart. Anyway, I think I just herniated my hernia some more but I won't be trying to lift heavy stuff again like I was twenty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum