Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rejoice! America is Number One AGAIN! World Leader in Child Poverty!!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

We've got the most poor kids.  Ain't that great, republicans?

http://www.alternet.org/economy/numbers-are-staggering-us-world-leader-child-poverty?akid=13005.260394.2taBpW&rd=1&src=newsletter1034791&t=3

gatorfan

Thanks President Obama!

KarlRove

KarlRove

Republicans haven't been in charge of the federal government the previous six years

boards of FL

boards of FL

Upward wealth redistribution has been occurring for the last 30 years.  Democrats have offered several policies in an attempt to address this.  Income tax cuts for working/middle class families, income tax increases on top brackets, increases in the minimum wage, increases in tax credits for working and middle class families to be paid for by the elimination of tax credits for top tier earners, large scale infrastructure investments to be funded by closing tax loopholes on corporations that stash profits overseas, expansion of healthcare to a greater % of the population who cannot afford it, subsidized community college, etc, etc.

Guess which party opposes all of that?  GOP 2016!

Can any republican either 1) name any policy that any republican has ever offered up in an attempt to address the gross redistribution of wealth that has been occurring over the last 30 years or 2) explain how any of the above policies offered up by democrats are bad and should be defeated?

Let's hear it from our low information brethren!

KarlRove

KarlRove

Why has the amount of poverty increased under a government pretty much led by Democrats since 2008?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:Republicans haven't been in charge of the federal government the previous six years

Republicans have had a choke hold on Congress since January of 2011, Gumby. Congress writes our laws. What has the GOP-lead Congress accomplished besides trying a gazillion times (usuccessfully) to repeal the ACA? My answer to this is "squat-shit nothing."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

From 2006 to 2010 the Dems controlled Congress Gumby. In the midst of that Gumby, they
Controlled the entire federal government - all three branches. Why didnt it get fixed then?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Dems chose healthcare and don't ask don't tell as their bellweather items to change and put the rest on the back burner , why?

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:Why has the amount of poverty increased under a government pretty much led by Democrats since 2008?

The raw number of people living below the poverty line has been on the rise for over 30 years due to 1) population increase and 2) upward wealth redistribution.  I'm pretty sure I just said this in the very post that you responded to.

The poverty rate has been trending upwards since 2000 and turned a corner in 2010 and is now falling.  For that, I would say 6 years of republican presidency, house, and senate, two elective wars, three regressive tax cuts, and then all of that was capped by the worst recession since the great depression...which you may or may not have heard of.

The poverty rate peeked at 15.1% in 2010 and has edged down each year since then.  

(For the poverty rate after 2011)
http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/data/historical/people.html

Rejoice!  America is Number One AGAIN! World Leader in Child Poverty!! Number_in_Poverty_and_Poverty_Rate_1959_to_2011._United_States.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Poverty isn't edging downward if record numbers of participants are signed up
For welfare

KarlRove

KarlRove

Poverty isn't edging downward if record numbers of participants are signed up
For welfare

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:Poverty isn't edging downward if record numbers of participants are signed up
For welfare

I said that the poverty rate edged downward.  Do you honestly not understand what it means when someone says "The poverty rate edged downward"?

I even gave you a direct link to Census data that confirms that the poverty rate has declined.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum