Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

poverty and ignorance confirm that the 13 poverty stricken states are Dixiecrat strongholds

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The hijacking of the Republican Party which was the party of equality and efficient government has been replaced by an entire region being teat suckers while striving to destroy the very government which transfers federal dollars to the same folks who fight racial equality and justice. It is just a fact that trump is but a symptom of the level of intolerance, poverty, and ignorance of an entire region which takes pride in disruption and getting more military bases and spending. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_poverty_rate

gatorfan

Oh brother. And this stuff JUST started happening???? Too funny.

You need to learn to look at the big picture sport....

2seaoat

The big picture......give me some more benefits........and take rights away from folks to make America great again, and make sure that football coaches are paid millions while folks cannot read or write.

zsomething

Like I always say, the proof's there to see for anybody willing to use their eyes... "willing" being the key.   The states that most often elect conservatives always get the worst results.  If you're results-based at all, and actually look at data at all, conservatism is indefensible.  It's got no successful track record to back it.  And I get that liberals can be annoying and whiney -- I'm irritated by a lot of 'em, too -- but damn if the weight of actual results don't show them doing a better job of running things.

I'm always amused by the "TEA Party" in Mississippi.  Nobody jumped on that bandwagon any harder than Mississippi's fat hollerin' dimwits, screamin' "Taxed enough already!" through their funnel-cake-crammed maws... the fact that we're one of the lowest-taxed states, and the most dependent on federal funds completely notwithstanding.  Smile

What the resulting map shows is that the most “dependent states,” as measured by the composite score, are Mississippi and New Mexico, each of which gets back about $3 in federal spending for every dollar they send to the federal treasury in taxes. Alabama and Louisiana are close behind.

Silly pieces of shit.  You can't get through to 'em.  They believe that stuff like it's church.

We rebel-flag-wavin' independence-'n'-freedom-yee-hawin' anti-Fed Gomers are like bratty children yelling about how we hate our parents while we're still living in their house eating their food and watching their cable and expecting a new Playstation out of 'em every Christmas.

It’s not just that some states are getting way more in return for their federal tax dollars, but the disproportionate amount of federal aid that some states receive allows them to keep their own taxes artificially low.

If conservatism really worked, the states that most consistently elect them would be leading the rest of the country, not clinging to it like a tick on its flank.  Why are we so poverty-ridden and under-employed if conservative policies work?  Wouldn't everyone be doing better?  Why is our health care and education so bad, if conservatives know best how to run things?  

Gotta show me results.  And they have none.  Red states do the worst.  The country does worse under Republican presidents -- you can look at charts there, and they look like rollercoasters, with Democrats being all the hills, Repubs the valleys.  

Republican everything exists on theory.  "Let the rich keep more of their money and they'll create more jobs."  Except that doesn't actually work; it's horseshit.  "More guns means less crime!"  An actual comparison of the states with the most guns to least guns says the opposite.  "Republicans are in favor of more individual freedom!"  HOGWAAAAASSSSSH!!!!

None of this means anything to Republican true-believers.  They'll stick their fingers in their ears and scream "la la la la fake news" until Hannity gives 'em their booster-shot of dumb-down to keep 'em calm.   But it's becoming pretty inescapable that there's really no factual basis for being conservative,  when it's actually practiced.   The life support system of that ideolgy is cult-like brainwashing.  Teach people to just belieeeeve stuff until actual results don't matter.  The South's one big easily-fooled blinky-eyed batch of Stolkholm-syndrome victims, gettin' mad if you try to wise 'em up.  I live here because I like the land and the climate, but most of the people?  I feel like I'm an adult wandering around a day-care center most of the time, with the conversations I have to have with people.

2seaoat

I feel like I'm an adult wandering around a day-care center most of the time, with the conversations I have to have with people.

I try not to be rude, but lately when someone spouts utter nonsense, I politely say you are wrong, and here are the facts. Once you call them out of the cocoon of Fox News reality, and they are not mentally challenged, they know the numbers do not work, and actually will have a conversation which always ends.......but Hillary would have been worse, Obama was horrible as President. it has become tedious because I really question the failure of schools to give even rudimentary educations to adults who are functionally illiterate.

zsomething

2seaoat wrote:I feel like I'm an adult wandering around a day-care center most of the time, with the conversations I have to have with people.

I try not to be rude, but lately when someone spouts utter nonsense, I politely say you are wrong, and here are the facts.  Once you call them out of the cocoon of Fox News reality, and they are not mentally challenged, they know the numbers do not work, and actually will have a conversation which always ends.......but Hillary would have been worse, Obama was horrible as President.  it has become tedious because I really question the failure of schools to give even rudimentary educations to adults who are functionally illiterate.  

I used to try to engage them more, but it's so seldom rewarding that I've pretty much given up. They believe a lot of things that aren't based in reality, and have no interest in actually looking at real data, because then they might have to change their minds about things they've invested a lot of "belief" in. I live around a lot of people who still think the stock market and job numbers went way down under Obama... which is ridiculous, but thinking otherwise would get in the way of hating him. There's nowhere to go with people like that... it's like the old thing about trying to teach a pig to sing.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Like I always say, the proof's there to see for anybody willing to use their eyes... "willing" being the key.   The states that most often elect conservatives always get the worst results.  If you're results-based at all, and actually look at data at all, conservatism is indefensible.  It's got no successful track record to back it.  And I get that liberals can be annoying and whiney -- I'm irritated by a lot of 'em, too -- but damn if the weight of actual results don't show them doing a better job of running things.

I'm always amused by the "TEA Party" in Mississippi.  Nobody jumped on that bandwagon any harder than Mississippi's fat hollerin' dimwits, screamin' "Taxed enough already!" through their funnel-cake-crammed maws... the fact that we're one of the lowest-taxed states, and the most dependent on federal funds completely notwithstanding.  Smile

What the resulting map shows is that the most “dependent states,” as measured by the composite score, are Mississippi and New Mexico, each of which gets back about $3 in federal spending for every dollar they send to the federal treasury in taxes. Alabama and Louisiana are close behind.

Silly pieces of shit.  You can't get through to 'em.  They believe that stuff like it's church.

We rebel-flag-wavin' independence-'n'-freedom-yee-hawin' anti-Fed Gomers are like bratty children yelling about how we hate our parents while we're still living in their house eating their food and watching their cable and expecting a new Playstation out of 'em every Christmas.

It’s not just that some states are getting way more in return for their federal tax dollars, but the disproportionate amount of federal aid that some states receive allows them to keep their own taxes artificially low.

If conservatism really worked, the states that most consistently elect them would be leading the rest of the country, not clinging to it like a tick on its flank.  Why are we so poverty-ridden and under-employed if conservative policies work?  Wouldn't everyone be doing better?  Why is our health care and education so bad, if conservatives know best how to run things?  

Gotta show me results.  And they have none.  Red states do the worst.  The country does worse under Republican presidents -- you can look at charts there, and they look like rollercoasters, with Democrats being all the hills, Repubs the valleys.  

Republican everything exists on theory.  "Let the rich keep more of their money and they'll create more jobs."  Except that doesn't actually work; it's horseshit.  "More guns means less crime!"  An actual comparison of the states with the most guns to least guns says the opposite.  "Republicans are in favor of more individual freedom!"  HOGWAAAAASSSSSH!!!!

None of this means anything to Republican true-believers.  They'll stick their fingers in their ears and scream "la la la la fake news" until Hannity gives 'em their booster-shot of dumb-down to keep 'em calm.   But it's becoming pretty inescapable that there's really no factual basis for being conservative,  when it's actually practiced.   The life support system of that ideolgy is cult-like brainwashing.  Teach people to just belieeeeve stuff until actual results don't matter.  The South's one big easily-fooled blinky-eyed batch of Stolkholm-syndrome victims, gettin' mad if you try to wise 'em up.  I live here because I like the land and the climate, but most of the people?  I feel like I'm an adult wandering around a day-care center most of the time, with the conversations I have to have with people.

poverty and ignorance confirm that the 13 poverty stricken states are Dixiecrat strongholds 3c44e412

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum