Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

drones on the beach and the expectation of privacy

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dcat

Dcat

I find this confrontation interesting for several reasons. It was recorded at Orange Beach, Alabama less than an hour's drive West of where I live. I don't know if the guy wearing the cap that confronted him was really a condo employee, because he never produced an ID or gave a name. But as stated, condos don't own or control the beach down to the waterline. A certain part of the beach is considered public access, and as such no one should have an unreasonable expectation of privacy. At any rate this man was staying at the condo and using his quadcopter (drone) to film his wife and child running down the beach when he was confronted. There are hardly any rules regulating this new technology, but it is quickly changing. This is a great tool for photographers and videographers. And as it becomes more affordable and available it will certainly create more debate as to privacy expectations and the potential hazards in operating such equipment.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

He just encountered a jackass.

Dcat

Dcat

Joanimaroni wrote:He just encountered a jackass.
I agree.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum