Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wasn't it Seaoat or Sal that said Lindsey Graham was a chickenhawk? BOF favorite website wikipedia begs to differ

+2
Hospital Bob
KarlRove
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

And since you've yet to prove your point about Col (Senator) Graham being a chickenhawk as you stated, put it where the sun doesn't shine homey.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Btw Seabass.... I did have a choice to be in military. It has been and will be a nice form of compensation now and in retirement. How many people do you know that will get 1750 per month retirement and near free healthcare for retiring from a PT job?

KarlRove

KarlRove

With state retirement , social security and the interest off my DROP money I will make more retired most likely than working

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:With state retirement , social security and the interest off my DROP money I will make more retired most likely than working

We are glad you will be secure in retirement. Good job with your planning.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Butchmeup is a joke, and the chances of Butchmeup stealing a girlfriend 40 years ago is a bit of a problem.......I like girls. That is like saying bombing Iran will bring peace....you have to be seriously ill to connect those dots. Pace I went 15 years from 1970 until 1985 where I did not even know anybody in the service.....a friend in Annapolis, two Coast Guard academy graduates and a grade school friend who was way screwed up with poor grades and a drinking problem who enlisted after high school......nobody.....nada in 15 years.......'

The only people I know now are my son's friends who again were totally screwed up kids......one is now on total military disability, but he was off before he joined, and the other is a great kid who just cannot find his niche in life....he had ok grades, he played in my son's band, he just did not know what he wanted to do with his life, and did a tour in afghanastan.......he was smart enough to know it was a waste of the Country's time and his time. He got married since he got back, and then divorced, and he is 32 years old going to school and still the same kid who just does not know what he wants to do with his life......his friends and my son have all married, had kids, and are building careers......again.....a great kid, but totally lost. So military service just does not impress me. However, when you talk about the greatest generation and those guys who you had to pry information about they service, they remain dear to my heart.....the citizen soldier who sacrificed so much, and did not say a word about their service......so it makes it tough to listen to your self congratulation.....nobody cares.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:Butchmeup is a joke, and the chances of Butchmeup stealing a girlfriend 40 years ago is a bit of a problem.......I like girls.  That is like saying bombing Iran will bring peace....you have to be seriously ill to connect those dots.  Pace I went 15 years from 1970 until 1985 where I did not even know anybody in the service.....a friend in Annapolis, two Coast Guard academy graduates and a grade school friend who was way screwed up with poor grades and a drinking problem who enlisted after high school......nobody.....nada in 15 years.......'

The only people I know now are my son's friends who again were totally screwed up kids......one is now on total military disability, but he was off before he joined, and the other is a great kid who just cannot find his niche in life....he had ok grades, he played in my son's band, he just did not know what he wanted to do with his life, and did a tour in afghanastan.......he was smart enough to know it was a waste of the Country's time and his time.  He got married since he got back, and then divorced, and he is 32 years old going to school and still the same kid who just does not know what he wants to do with his life......his friends and my son have all married, had kids, and are building careers......again.....a great kid, but totally lost.  So military service just does not impress me.   However, when you talk about the greatest generation and those guys who you had to pry information about they service, they remain dear to my heart.....the citizen soldier who sacrificed so much, and did not say a word about their service......so it makes it tough to listen to your self congratulation.....nobody cares.

Butthurt flows through you. I'm sorry your son's friend is a loser and you lost your gf to military guy. The divorce rate for the civilian side of the house is just as bad as the military rate, with the exception of SOF. Get over it. You missed your shot to have done something in your life that wasn't all about you.

The greatest generation is this one that fought a decade (+) long war because of the political leaders of your age. It's on you eff stick. It's sad you wont be around to help pay for our VA benefits and such. You owe it to us. We did what was asked of our government and it was all lawful. You chickened out (CHICKENHAWK). You reaped the rewards and paid no dues. Obama was right, "you didn't build that company." lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The greatest generation is this one that fought a decade (+) long war because of the political leaders of your age.

I think a few WWII vets still living, Korean War vets, Vietnam War vets, and Persian Gulf War vets would beg to differ with any GWOT vets who think they themselves are more special and rate more than other vets.

The GWOT vets were spoiled lavishly by Congress and always welcomed home with yellow ribbons. The Vietnam vets got none of that and were spat on when they returned home--they also saw much harsher combat and lost 58,000 of their brothers in arms.

2seaoat

He must be drinking tonight.....the greatest generation where we are fighting a third world power with the greatest military in the world......WWII and Korean vets are rolling over in their graves.....Pace.....again Nobody cared, and nobody cares now about the Gulf wars or Afghanastan.......America wants out of stupid wars, and the folks that wasted time and blood in those arenas mostly need to look at the damage which was done to the civilians. Public employees and their entitlement mentality....once you are on the public teat, it takes a tow truck to pull a person away from their sense of entitlement.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:He must be drinking tonight.....the greatest generation where we are fighting a third world power with the greatest military in the world......WWII and Korean vets are rolling over in their graves.....Pace.....again Nobody cared, and nobody cares now about the Gulf wars or Afghanastan.......America wants out of stupid wars, and the folks that wasted time and blood in those arenas mostly need to look at the damage which was done to the civilians.   Public employees and their entitlement mentality....once you are on the public teat, it takes a tow truck to pull a person away from their sense of entitlement.

What would you know about anyone doing or having done any fighting? All you have is second hand info. We fought the GWOT with two hands tied behind our backs with ROE that the gents you mention in your post would have rolled over in their graves if they knew we had to fight in a politically correct manner just to please gumbys like you who are chickenhawks.

And LT, why couldn't you make 0-3 on a six year obligation? Did you ditch an aircraft or what?

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The greatest generation is this one that fought a decade (+) long war because of the political leaders of your age.

I think a few WWII vets still living, Korean War vets, Vietnam War vets, and Persian Gulf War vets would beg to differ with any GWOT vets who think they themselves are more special and rate more than other vets.

The GWOT vets were spoiled lavishly by Congress and always welcomed home with yellow ribbons. The Vietnam vets got none of that and were spat on when they returned home--they also saw much harsher combat and lost 58,000 of their brothers in arms.

Much harsher combat? You are so FOS. Ask a Fallujah or Ramadi vet, Ask a vet of An  Nasiriyah, Ask a Korengal Valley vet.... 2001 to until.....the war isn't over as your CINC just extended time in Astan.

Being a peacetime Marine hurts your feelings, huh?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:And LT, why couldn't you make 0-3 on a six year obligation? Did you ditch an aircraft or what?

I won't tell you what rank I was or how long I served. I will let you keep guessing on those... I never crashed in an aircraft, though I came very close at least twice. Wink

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I keep thinking of my FIL...a veteran of WWII and Korea...a test pilot and carrier pilot...a real officer and a gentleman. We were at the Aviation Museum to watch my daughter singing (Pensacola Children's Chorus). She asked her grandfather which planes he flew...he said "All of them". Other than that, he almost never spoke about his experiences...maybe with some of his lifelong friends...and they truly were some of the best people it has been my privilege to know. And I loved that man.

2seaoat

Other than that, he almost never spoke about his experiences...maybe with some of his lifelong friends...

Pace is a pretender. He is like that kid playing with plastic soldiers in the sandbox.....creating a fantasy. He just does not get that folks throughout history who actually fought in a war could not wait to leave that part of their life behind and get back to normality. Butchmeup and Pace are in a fantasy world detached from reality attempting to cheerlead America into more military actions so that they have some relevancy......Butchmeup and Pace sitting in a tree.....KIASSING.....first comes love.......then comes body bags in a carriage.
War sucks and diplomacy and restraint rules......and that has Pace and Butchmeup in a tizzy.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Seaoat,
Still
Butthurt
Awesome

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:Seaoat,
Still
Butthurt
Awesome

You're nothing like my FIL. Oh, and I did find that Lindsey Graham deployed to Afghanistan for 5 DAYS.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:
Pace is a pretender.  

PeeDawg is a poser.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:gumbys like you who are chickenhawks.

Seaoat is no chickenhawk. That moniker is reserved for those who never served but who champion war as a first resort.

chick·en hawk

1. a hawk of a type that is reputed to prey on domestic fowl.
2. informal-a person who speaks out in support of war, yet has avoided active military service.

The most sleazy chickenhawk of modern times is this man:

Wasn't it Seaoat or Sal that said Lindsey Graham was a chickenhawk? BOF favorite website wikipedia begs to differ - Page 2 Richard-dick-cheney

KarlRove

KarlRove

Seeoat is a chicken hawk

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:Seeoat is a chicken hawk

Seaoat does not fit the definition of a chickenhawk, Derwood. See my post above yours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum