Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pope Praises Iran Deal in Easter Peace Appeal

+4
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

VATICAN CITY – In an Easter peace wish, Pope Francis on Sunday praised the framework nuclear agreement with Iran as an opportunity to make the world safer, while expressing deep worry about bloodshed in Libya, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.

Cautious hope ran through Francis' `'Urbi et Orbi" Easter message, a kind of papal commentary on the state of the world's affairs, which he delivered from the central balcony of St. Peter's Square.

Francis made his first public comments about the recent framework for an accord, reached in Lausanne, Switzerland, and aimed at ensuring Iran doesn't develop a nuclear weapon.

`'In hope we entrust to the merciful Lord the framework recently agreed to in Lausanne, that it may be a definitive step toward a more secure and fraternal world."

Decrying the plentitude of weapons in the world in general, Francis said: `'And we ask for peace for this world subjected to arms dealers, who earn their living with the blood of men and women."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/04/04/pope-francis-presides-over-easter-vigil-service-amid-concern-for-martyrs/

2seaoat

Folks who actually get Christian doctrine cannot support war....yet in the Republican primaries it is the faithful who are the voters. Incompatible views with candidates and hypocrisy sadly have become the norm. All Christians should be supporting diplomatic solutions which avoid war.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Folks who actually get Christian doctrine cannot support war....yet in the Republican primaries it is the faithful who are the voters.  Incompatible views with candidates and hypocrisy sadly have become the norm.  All Christians should be supporting diplomatic solutions which avoid war.

The apocalyptic modern-day fundamentalists seem to be the new Pharisees. Christ's teachings seem to be poles apart from the positions held by many of these people. Especially when it comes to the love of fellow man.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote: Folks who actually get Christian doctrine cannot support war.... yet in the Republican primaries it is the faithful who are the voters.  Incompatible views with candidates and hypocrisy sadly have become the norm.  All Christians should be supporting diplomatic solutions which avoid war.

You need to read the Holy Bible.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote: Folks who actually get Christian doctrine cannot support war.... yet in the Republican primaries it is the faithful who are the voters.  Incompatible views with candidates and hypocrisy sadly have become the norm.  All Christians should be supporting diplomatic solutions which avoid war.

I've read it cover to cover twice.

Maybe, you need a reading comprehension class.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Pope Praises Iran Deal in Easter Peace Appeal Obama-iran

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

I've read it cover to cover twice.

Maybe, you need a reading comprehension class.

Then it is you who needs a reading comprehension class.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Yeah read that comic book!  If you work hard enough, you'll always find ways to support whatever hatred, prejudice or discrimination lights your fire.  Take a line or two out of context and walah!  You've got your picket  sign.  Shoot a family planning counselor, and tell'm God made you do it.  Show us how God hates the poor ..

It's not the Bible or the Quran Semi-Sane "I KNOW NOSSING!" Markle that's guilty.  It's how you fascist fundamentalist  bastards use it to express your sick hatreds.

Reality.

P.S. Elsewhere you wrote:  "... far to much."

Off your meds again? 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Pope Praises Iran Deal in Easter Peace Appeal Obama-iran

It's pretty clear to me and most of the members of this forum that you're a sick puppy with too many unwinnable wars under your belt, and you're a hard right ultra Christian fundamentalist conservative who's prone to making outrageous statements aimed at irritating your forum opponents instead of persuading anyone to your point of view.

In terms that your astoundingly simple mind can fathom, every time you post a cartoon or photo-shopped image that attempts to express your outrageous hatred for the President of the United States of America, we're all reminded how your PRETENDED hatred is the product of a guy who is driven by forces he's unable to control, in a desperate attempt to attract attention.

If they gave a medal for being pitiful, you would wear it around your neck proudly.

Reality.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Pope Praises Iran Deal in Easter Peace Appeal 9k=

KarlRove

KarlRove

Pope Praises Iran Deal in Easter Peace Appeal 2Q==

KarlRove

KarlRove

Pope Praises Iran Deal in Easter Peace Appeal Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU-Ex0x63bkMp9N0l_vpgHuN4cE9E9P0A0c_8jJwt4BQLbO-ym7w

2seaoat

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God".

KarlRove

KarlRove

No, this is appeasement plain and simple. Thank God we have a Congress that won't ratify this agreement.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Very bad Photoshop job! Twisted Evil

2seaoat

Thank God we have a Congress that won't ratify this agreement.

help me.....exactly what does congress need to ratify?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Thank God we have a Congress that won't ratify this agreement.

The Congress doesn't ratify anything..... That job falls to the Senate.....

The Iran deal will require no ratification effort, because any final deal would be an agreement and not a treaty, and therefore would not need ratification by the Senate.

That is KarlRove's Civics 101 lesson for the day...
cyclops

It looks like Karl, 47 GOP Senators, John Boehner, and Bibi Nuttyyahoo are going to wind-up holding the short straw on this Iran issue.

gatorfan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Thank God we have a Congress that won't ratify this agreement.

The Iran deal will require no ratification effort, because any final deal would be an agreement and not a treaty, and therefore would not need ratification by the Senate.

cyclops

It looks like Karl, 47 GOP Senators, John Boehner, and Bibi Nuttyyahoo are going to wind-up holding the short straw on this Iran issue.

And here is Civics Lesson 102

Actually the Senate does not ratify treaties—the Senate approves or rejects a resolution of ratification. If the resolution passes, then ratification takes place when the instruments of ratification are formally exchanged between the United States and the other participant(s).

KarlRove

KarlRove

by ZVUGKTUBM Today at 2:56 pm
2seaoat wrote:

Thank God we have a Congress that won't ratify this agreement.

----
You know what I was referring to moron

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Very bad Photoshop job! Twisted Evil

Really? WOW!

But it is accurate!

2seaoat

But it is accurate!

Wow, and to think you were just a purveyor of evil propaganda, now I am concerned that you cannot discern reality from fiction.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:But it is accurate!

Wow, and to think you were just a purveyor of evil propaganda, now I am concerned that you cannot discern reality from fiction.

Has our semi-retired President NOT capitulated to Iran in every way possible?

2seaoat

Your use of the word is a verb which is defined:cease to resist an opponent or an unwelcome demand; surrender.

I think that reducing 97% of Iran's stockpiles and inspecting and verifying compliance is just the opposite of ceasing to resist, but now intelligently resists with much higher levels of information as to the nuclear program. I certainly do not see any of the allies saying that they surrender and Iran can now have nuclear weapons, rather I see a successful victory accomplishing the goal of peacefully monitoring to insure no nuclear weapons can or will be developed in Iran. So maybe you need to use a different verb.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:But it is accurate!

Not at all. . . . . what he has done is attempt to bridge decades of mistrust and animus between our nations . . . . . in a well known phrase 'Give Peace A Chance' . . . . . something the neocons you worship are incapable of, it really is that simple. Bibi must not be allowed to forge USA policy . . . . President Obama is on the right path!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:Bibi must not be allowed to forge USA policy . . . . President Obama is on the right path!

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

I wouldn't trust that punk Nuttinyahoo to do anything for my country. He only wants to be friends of the U.S. for what he can get out of us; not because he particularly cares for us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum