Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LOL Wow, a bad deal agreed to....who woulda thunk it? Iran deal has fatal flaw

+2
2seaoat
KarlRove
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/04/iran-deal-kerry-flawed-negotiations-close-116623.html?hp=t4_r#.VR2Ef7Eo5dg

We don’t yet know all the details of the nuclear agreement that Iran, the United States and five other world powers announced Thursday they are aiming to complete by June 30. What we do know is that any acceptable final deal will depend on a strong weapons inspection element. Yet weapons inspectors can be no tougher than the body that empowers them—in this instance the UN Security Council.

And herein lies the agreement’s fundamental weakness—and perhaps its fatal flaw. Do we really want to depend on Vladimir Putin? Because Russia will be able to decide what to enforce in any deal—and what not to.

Like so many things in in life, one can learn a lot from Saddam Hussein. Certainly Tehran will have learned from Saddam’ s experience in trying to evade the scrutiny of the UN Security Council, weapons inspectors, sanctions, and individual governments.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/04/iran-deal-kerry-flawed-negotiations-close-116623.html#ixzz3WB1OLvKa

2seaoat

I think I can wait to June to see how the details have been worked out. Nobody expects perfection, but a first step on the way to peace in the region is a good thing. Proliferation is a bad thing. We will see.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I think I can wait to June to see how the details have been worked out.  Nobody expects perfection, but a first step on the way to peace in the region is a good thing.  Proliferation is a bad thing.  We will see.

If you even faintly believe that this will bring peace to the region, you need to adjust your meds.

Iran is a terrorist state. That is not changing.

Al-Qaeda, ISIS and Boko Harem will not slow down because of an artificial agreement about nuclear weapons in Iran. Just look in the news today.

2seaoat

If you even faintly believe that this will bring peace to the region, you need to adjust your meds.

Al-Qaeda, ISIS and Boko Harem will not slow down because of an artificial agreement about nuclear weapons in Iran. Just look in the news today.

A first step in a journey which one thing is certain.....this area is no longer a critical American zone of interest. Let Israel, Saudi Arabia, and all the military repressive regimes left over from western colonialism stand on their merits without the United States shedding one more ounce of blood or draining one more dollar from our treasury. Yes, It is not I who is naive as you shill for the MIC.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:If you even faintly believe that this will bring peace to the region, you need to adjust your meds.

A first step in a journey which one thing is certain.....this area is no longer a critical American zone of interest. Let Israel, Saudi Arabia, and all the military repressive regimes left over from western colonialism stand on their merits without the United States shedding one more ounce of blood or draining one more dollar from our treasury. Yes, It is not I who is naive as you shill for the MIC.

It won't get enforced then if the US withdraws and abdicates as you wish it to.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Iran is a terrorist state.  That is not changing.

Al-Qaeda, ISIS and Boko Harem will not slow down because of an artificial agreement about nuclear weapons in Iran.  Just look in the news today.

There goes semi-demented poster Markle, shooting his mouth off  again.... Conflating Iran with Al Qaeda, Boko Harem, and ISIS.... I thought Iran was actually fighting against ISIS, and that Saudi Arabia provided most of Al Qaeda's financial backing.

The next thing our aged propagandist will tell us is that Iran helped bring down the twin towers back in '01.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Markle

Markle

Once again....

We have reached an agreement...to maybe reach an agreement...in three months.

Which gives Iran everything they want and there will be no agreement close to the agreement, to have an agreement...in three months.

2seaoat

Which gives Iran everything they want and there will be no agreement close to the agreement, to have an agreement...in three months.

So reducing centrefuges from 20k to 6k, not allowing new models, and having inspections of the same is what Iran wanted........sounds logical to me. Oh, did I forget turning over all their plutonium but for 300 lbs...........sounds like Iran wanted peace all along.....who would have thunk.

KarlRove

KarlRove

another Obama red line which turns to pink and then disappears. He has been played. A Neville Chamberlain of our time.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I think I can wait to June to see how the details have been worked out.  Nobody expects perfection, but a first step on the way to peace in the region is a good thing.  Proliferation is a bad thing.  We will see.

Iran is a terrorist state.  That is not changing.

Al-Qaeda, ISIS and Boko Harem will not slow down because of an artificial agreement about nuclear weapons in Iran.  Just look in the news today.

By the definitions of International Law the United States is also a terrorist state.

So is Israel.

So is Russia.

The terrorist groups you mention are agents of the Sunnis or Shiias -- i.e. Saudi Arabia or Iran.  If we can make peace with Iran, and maintain our relationship with the Saudis, the Islamic terrorist groups will collapse.  ISIS is already faltering under Iranian led Iraqi onslaught.

The Houthis in Yemen are faltering under Saudi attack.

We should apply the same sanctions against Israel until she dumps her nuclear weapons!!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:We should apply the same sanctions against Israel until she dumps her nuclear weapons!!

This should have been done years (decades) ago. The wingnuts adhere to a double standard here, making lame excuses concerning the Israeli nuclear might, which is significant. They apparently 'need' all of those atomic bombs because their non-nuclear neighbors might try to harm them. This is even though the warlike Jewish nation has never been defeated in conventional warfare with its enemies. In reality, Israel's atomic arsenal exists to give the nation more swagger on the world stage. They just want to be able to target countries thousands of miles outside their sphere because they can. Who knows, they may one day face a terrorist threat from Norway, which is within the range radius of Israel's Jericho III IRBM.

Sal

Sal

It's funny hearing the wingnutz calling this a "bad deal".

No morons, a bad deal would be secretly selling them missiles and using the proceeds to fund illegal wars in this hemisphere.

That's a bad deal.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:It's funny hearing the wingnutz calling this a "bad deal".

No morons, a bad deal would be secretly selling them missiles and using the proceeds to fund illegal wars in this hemisphere.

That's a bad deal.

Yes, but Oliver North is a hero to the most ardent wingnuts. Reagan is a god and could do no wrong to these folks.

Markle

Markle

Once again...SHOCK...our Progressive good friends here cannot make a reasonable argument supporting this agreement to reach an agreement at some point down the road, so the deviate off to other subjects.

Iran got everything they wanted and we got...?

2seaoat

Once again...SHOCK...our Progressive good friends here cannot make a reasonable argument supporting this agreement to reach an agreement at some point down the road, so the deviate off to other subjects.

What did Iran want?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Once again...SHOCK...our Progressive good friends here cannot make a reasonable argument supporting this agreement to reach an agreement at some point down the road, so the deviate off to other subjects.

What did Iran want?

Where have you been?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum