Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ted Cruz Gonna Get Some of That Sweet Sweet Obamacare

+11
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
polecat
dumpcare
boards of FL
KarlRove
othershoe1030
2seaoat
Sal
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sal

Sal

Here’s some interesting accountability journalism: CNN’s Dana Bash asked Sen. Ted Cruz, a freshly announced 2016 presidential candidate, how his family would get health insurance now that his wife has taken an unpaid leave from her job at Goldman Sachs. “We’ll be getting new health insurance and we’ll presumably do it through my job with the Senate, and so we’ll be on the federal exchange with millions of others on the federal exchange,” the Texas Republican told her.

Yes, there’s irony there, as Bash noted in her interview. Cruz’s statement means that he’ll be getting insurance through the Affordable Care Act, the same law he has committed himself to repealing….

Next issue: Will he take the federal “subsidy” that others on Capitol Hill accept to defray their costs? asked Bash. “We will follow the text of the law,” Cruz said. “I strongly oppose the exemption that President Obama illegally put in place for members of Congress because Harry Reid and Senate Democrats didn’t want to be under the same rules as the American people.” So Bash wanted to know if Cruz would accept the “subsidy.” “I believe we should follow the text of the law,” said Cruz, repeating himself…

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/03/24/cnns-dana-bash-corners-ted-cruz-on-use-of-obamacare/?hpid=z3

2seaoat

Irony and insanity

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-03-24/ted-cruz-is-going-on-obamacare-as-wife-takes-goldman-sachs-leave

Heidi Cruz's coverage became the subject of a small media tempest in 2013, after Cruz and House conservatives insisted on de-funding the ACA through the appropriations process. After the resultant government shutdown ended, Heidi Cruz confirmed that she was covered, and her husband benefited from Goldman's generous plan. It was a rare and tooth-pulling mention of Heidi Cruz's career. Even in his announcement speech, at Liberty University, Cruz talked at length about his wife's success but did not mention where she worked.

2seaoat

He is a tool for moving the Republican debate further right. It is obvious that the Oligarchy understands that he can NEVER be elected, but his pay day is pushing the envelope, and disrupting legislation which would actually address the exploitation and subsidy to the very wealthy.....this really is not that hard to understand.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Obama should do the same and use the insurance he forces many to buy, but that would cause him to lead by example and we know that ain't gonna happen.

KarlRove

KarlRove

All of Congress should be mandated to use Obamacare.

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:All of Congress should be mandated to use Obamacare.

What is it that you think Obamacare is, exactly?

dumpcare

Funny BOF I was talking with someone on the phone as I was reading this explaining the so called obamacare.

This is what ocare is: It is something Fox news dreamed up and so dumb dumb obama went along with it and called it obamacare instead of sticking with which is now known as ACA.

Every health insurance plan sold with minimum essential coverage since Oct 1, 2014 is this so called obamacare. No it's not the tax credit and no the government does not sell health plans, no matter how many of your tea party or conservative friends tell you they do.

The sad thing is these people are voter's.

Sal

Sal

When Ted becomes President, he will bring FREEDUMBZ and LIBERTEEZ to millions of Americans by immediately taking away the one thing that is saving their lives and money.

In the meantime, he might as well make use of it too.

polecat

polecat

Ted Cruz released a presidential campaign video in Spanish. Cruz explained, "It's important for me to reach out to the people I'm trying to deport."- Conan O'Brien

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Ted-I-Am really likes Obamacare
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/opinions/begala-cruz-obamacare-seuss/index.html

Say!
I like Obamacare!
I do! I like it, President Bar!
I like that it is guaranteed.
I'll even join with Harry Reid.
But do not tell them in Des Moines.
That it makes sense for me to join.
I'll walk it back on CNN. I'll still attack it now and then.
But I'll be on it back in Texas. I'll be on it in my Lexus.
I'll be on it in the Senate. Signing up just took a minute.
I secretly like it here and there.
I love that it covers me everywhere!

I do so like Obamacare!
Thank you!
Thank you,
President Bar.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

That's pretty stuuuupud

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Ted-I-Am really likes Obamacare
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/opinions/begala-cruz-obamacare-seuss/index.html

Say!
I like Obamacare!
I do! I like it, President Bar!
I like that it is guaranteed.
I'll even join with Harry Reid.
But do not tell them in Des Moines.
That it makes sense for me to join.
I'll walk it back on CNN. I'll still attack it now and then.
But I'll be on it back in Texas. I'll be on it in my Lexus.
I'll be on it in the Senate. Signing up just took a minute.
I secretly like it here and there.
I love that it covers me everywhere!

I do so like Obamacare!
Thank you!
Thank you,
President Bar.

Very humorous and even more creative . . . .

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:That's pretty stuuuupud

And being stupid is a subject of which War Hero qualifies as an expert.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Cruz has become a kind of rosetta stone to help us understand right-winger mentality.

First we find out his "birther" situation (born outside the U.S. with a mother born inside the U.S.) mirrors that of Obama.  And that is even if we assume that Obama WAS born outside the U.S.  
But when this was the topic on local right-wing talk radio for the last two days,  none of the right-wing foaming at the mouth callers would say Cruz is ineligible because all they want to do is suck the dick of any candidate who promotes himself as being the real "conservative" and says Ronald Reagan is his hero.

Now we find out Cruz and his family are actually participating in the same ACA insurance that Cruz has railed against and been a ringleader on the bandwagon to repeal it.
And I guarantee you if that is brought up on talk radio,  the callers will defend Cruz and completely ignore the hypocrisy.

BUT,  what about Obama?  Now we get confirmation that he traded 5 terrorists for 1 deserter.  And I guarantee you the left-wingers will be foaming at the mouth and doing everything they can to defend that asshole just like the foaming at the mouth right-wingers are defending Cruz.

And Sal keeps telling me to "get off the fence" and side up with one side of the wrastlin ring or the other.
I'll tell you what I'd like to see happen,  Sal.  I'd like to see extraterrestrials come down to Earth and wipe out the republican party and the democrat party and give us some alternative.  And while they're at it,  what I would really like to see is the same extraterrestrials delete the words "liberal" and "conservative" from all human conciousness and language.  Just wipe our minds clean of those fucking godforsaken words.  Because that's the only way our political situation can ever improve.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
BUT,  what about Obama?  Now we get confirmation that he traded 5 terrorists for 1 deserter.  And I guarantee you the left-wingers will be foaming at the mouth and doing everything they can to defend that asshole just like the foaming at the mouth right-wingers are defending Cruz.

And Sal keeps telling me to "get off the fence" and side up with one side of the wrastlin ring or the other.

Thing is, this is a brand new fence that the wingnutz have constructed, Bob.

The concept of trading combatants at the end of hostilities wasn't a controversial concept, until the Kenyan usurper besmirched the White House with his blackness.

Now, if Bergdahl is convicted of desertion, I'll be perfectly happy to see him busting big rocks into little rocks until he keels over.

We deal with our own.

Leave no man behind.

These are not novel concepts.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

The concept of trading combatants at the end of hostilities wasn't a controversial concept, until the Kenyan usurper besmirched the White House with his blackness.

Now, if Bergdahl is convicted of desertion, I'll be perfectly happy to see him busting big rocks into little rocks until he keels over.

We deal with our own.

Leave no man behind.

Here's my point,  Sal.  If,  instead of Obama,  it had been George W. Bush signing off on trading 5 terrorists for 1 deserter,  you and the other democrats would not have the same opinion about it.

No different than what we've now heard from Karl Rove (the poster not the person Bush referred to as "Turd Blossom") having no problem with Cruz not being born in the U.S. when he wanted Obama impeached for the same thing.

And it's because democrats will always defend a democrat politician the same way republicans will always defend a republican politician.
You really are all like wrastlin fanboys.

You can remain in denial about this, Sal, but it doesn't change what you are.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

We deal with our own.

Leave no man behind.

Here's my point,  Sal.  If,  instead of Obama,  it had been George W. Bush signing off on trading 5 terrorists for 1 deserter,  you and the other democrats would not have the same opinion about it.

No different than what we've now heard from Karl Rove (the poster not the person Bush referred to as "Turd Blossom") having no problem with Cruz not being born in the U.S. when he wanted Obama impeached for the same thing.

And it's because democrats will always defend a democrat politician the same way republicans will always defend a republican politician.
You really are all like wrastlin fanboys.

You can remain in denial about this,  Sal, but it doesn't change what you are.

I'd ask you to show any example where Sal is going apeshit over something that is essentially normal protocol...but I already know the answer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The bottom line on all this, Sal, is that our government is broken. And it's broken mainly because our country is now in a hatfields vs mccoys situation and the hatfields and mccoys are the "liberals" vs the "conservatives" whatever in the fuck that now even means.

Each side believes it's side is always right and the other side is always wrong.
Absolutely no different than the two sets of spectators on each side of the wrastlin ring. One side always cheers for Hulk Hogan and boos Macho Man Randy Savage while the other side always cheers for Randy Savage and boos Hulk Hogan no matter what.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

I'd ask you to show any example where Sal is going apeshit over something that is essentially normal protocol...but I already know the answer.

The reason you always "already know the answer" is because you will only listen to people who think exactly like you and you dismiss any opinion that doesn't fit your ideology.

I never said Sal is "going apeshit".   What I said was is that Sal (and you) would have a different take on this if it was Bush instead of Obama who had made the trade.  I promise you that if Bush had dunnit, you and Sal would not be telling us it was "normal protocol".  lol
So I already gave you the goddamned example,  you just didn't want to hear it.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, bds, I want you to read to me from any law, military regulation, court decision or any fucking thing else where it states that it's "protocol" to trade five enemy combatant prisoners to get back one American military deserter? If you can do that then I'll take back everything I said. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:The bottom line on all this,  Sal,  is that our government is broken.  And it's broken mainly because our country is now in a hatfields vs mccoys situation and the hatfields and mccoys are the "liberals" vs the "conservatives" whatever in the fuck that now even means.  

Each side believes it's side is always right and the other side is always wrong.
Absolutely no different than the two sets of spectators on each side of the wrastlin ring.  One side always cheers for Hulk Hogan and boos Macho Man Randy Savage while the other side always cheers for Randy Savage and boos Hulk Hogan no matter what.

Nope.

The government is broken because one of our two political parties has gone batshit insane, has no interest in governing nor serving its citizens, stokes hatred and ignorance and division as a way of maintaining a foothold, and is willing to sell our nation to the highest bidder.

And, we have imbeciles sitting here watching this spectacle and concluding that "both sides do it".

That's why the government is broken, Bob.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

The reason you always "already know the answer" is because you will only listen to people who think exactly like you and you dismiss any opinion that doesn't fit your ideology.

I never said Sal is "going apeshit".   What I said was is that Sal (and you) would have a different take on this if it was Bush instead of Obama who had made the trade.  I promise you that if Bush had dunnit, you and Sal would not be telling us it was "normal protocol".  lol
So I already gave you the goddamned example,  you just didn't want to hear it.  lol

Dubya released nearly 550 detainees and 30% of them had potentially engaged in militant activities against the U.S. compared to 5% released under Obama.

You really are a simpleton.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Nope.

The government is broken because one of our two political parties has gone batshit insane, has no interest in governing nor serving its citizens, stokes hatred and ignorance and division as a way of maintaining a foothold, and is willing to sell our nation to the highest bidder.

And, we have imbeciles sitting here watching this spectacle and concluding that "both sides do it".

That's why the government is broken, Bob.[/font]

I know, Sal. For you and bds and florida texan and millions of others, one political party is our saviour and the other is an agent of the devil.
Exactly the same position Karl Rove and Markle and all the millions of republican voters took in the midterms.

The problem with this is you and bds and florida texans and the millions of other hatfields are not going away. And neither are Karl and Markle and the millions of mccoys who are also not going away.
You hatfields want them all to go away, just like the mccoys want all of you to go away, but look around both of you cause that aint happening and aint gonna happen.
Meanwhile the government stays fucked up for the foreseeable future.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Dubya released nearly 550 detainees and 30% of them had potentially engaged in militant activities against the U.S. compared to 5% released under Obama.

You really are a simpleton.[/font]

A simpleton would compare apples and oranges to make a bogus response like you just did.

Name me one other instance in the history of the United States when ANY president (democrat, republican or any other party) traded any number of military combatants (one, five, a hundred, or a thousand it doesn't matter) TO GET BACK A FUCKING AMERICAN MILITARY DESERTER.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum