Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

German wings Airbus plane down in France

+3
Floridatexan
Sal
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:They're now saying the copilot "intentionally" crashed the plane, whatever that means.

That's because the French (not German as I stated before) prosecutor involved is now implying that is the case. He has seen the evidence available to him now and he seems confident that the co-pilot "pushed a button" to intentionally put the aircraft into the descent.

But it's still early and not enough is known, especially about the co-pilot, to be able to come to this conclusion yet. Right now it remains a mystery.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  Sal,  moments ago on CNN an aviation expert stated it is the policy for U.S. carriers to have a another crew member in the cockpit whenever a pilot is absent.  But it's not the routine for overseas carriers.  And he added that he believes as a result of what has happened,  the overseas carriers will now adopt this policy too.  In fact he said he expects that policy change to be made "in the next few days".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I should add that the reason I watch CNN for this sort of thing is because I know if I switch to Fox News they'll be blaming Obama and the democrats for the plane crash and if I switch to MSNBC they'll be blaming Bush and republicans for it. And I just really don't want to hear that bullshit any longer.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

A 28 year old German National with a German sounding name (i.e., not Muslim or eastern European). He had about 100 hours in A320s. Not much experience at all, really. I guess that is enough to know how to override the flight control system and enter an intentional fatal crash dive.

I am sure they will eventually dig up the dirt on this nut. We just need to allow the investigation to unfold and not jump to conclusions.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:A 28 year old German National with a German sounding name (i.e., not Muslim or eastern European). He had about 100 hours in A320s. Not much experience at all, really. I guess that is enough to know how to override the flight control system and enter an intentional fatal crash dive.i

I am sure they will eventually dig up the dirt on this nut. We just need to allow the investigation to unfold and not jump to conclusions.

The jackass knew enough to lock the door.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:A 28 year old German National with a German sounding name (i.e., not Muslim or eastern European). He had about 100 hours in A320s. Not much experience at all, really. I guess that is enough to know how to override the flight control system and enter an intentional fatal crash dive.i

The jackass knew enough to lock the door.

I believe the door locks automatically.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
I believe the door locks automatically.

It now looks like the cabin door lock is a little more sophisticated than that.

This page will explain every aspect of how it works in all situations.
Pay particular attention to this part...

Access to the pilots in emergency situations

If necessary, cabin crew can activate a special code to gain access to the cockpit.
In 2002 - one year after the terrorist hijackings - Airbus released a video explaining how the new cockpit doors work.

...there can be situations in which the door has to be opened by cabin personnel - for instance, if they have to administer first aid to a pilot. This could arise in the event of gas poisoning, rendering both pilots unconscious.

But there can be situations in which the door has to be opened by cabin personnel - for instance, if they have to administer first aid to a pilot. This could arise in the event of gas poisoning, rendering both pilots unconscious.

The cabin crew has an access code for such emergency situations.

Entering the code triggers an alarm in the cockpit and the word "open" appears in bright letters next to the door switch.

If the pilots don't react within 30 seconds, the door opens automatically, giving crew five seconds to get inside, and then administer first aid.

If the pilots suspect they are being hijacked and want to prevent anyone from getting inside the cockpit, they can still activate the "lock" position.

This would bolt the door irrevocably for five minutes, according to the 2002 Airbus video.

Aviation expert Tim van Beveren told DW this period has been extended to 20 minutes. The lockout scenario applies, for instance, if terrorists have forced cabin crew to give them the access code.

There is another scenario in which the door opens without the pilot's involvement: if a sensor in the cabin ceiling registers a loss of pressure in the cockpit.

But even then the same rule applies: if the door is switched to lock mode, it remains locked for twenty minutes.

http://www.dw.de/how-does-a-cockpit-door-work/a-18343317

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So far no one has found anything in this co-pilot's background or personality to give any indication of a motive for murdering 150 people.  They can't even find any indication that he was a potential suicide.

If they don't find anything else,  then we now have the first mass murderer who did it without any indication of mental problems or motive.
That is pretty scary to me.  Because if that's the case,  then we're now living in a world that is so fucked up that people commit mass murder when there is no reason or other explanation for their doing so.  And that has to make us wonder how many others are capable of the same thing.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:So far no one has found anything in this co-pilot's background or personality to give any indication of a motive for murdering 150 people.  They can't even find any indication that he was a potential suicide.

If they don't find anything else,  then we now have the first mass murderer who did it without any indication of mental problems or motive.
That is pretty scary to me.  Because if that's the case,  then we're now living in a world that is so fucked up that people commit mass murder when there is no reason or other explanation for their doing so.  And that has to make us wonder how many others are capable of the same thing.

Despite this incident, it's probably still pretty statistically unlikely that you'll be on board a plane that is deliberately crashed in a mountain in the French Alps, Bob.

Better stay in Pcola just to play it safe tho.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"I'm just speechless. I don't have any explanation for this. Knowing Andreas, this is just inconceivable for me," said Peter Ruecker, a long-time member of the local flight club where Lubitz received his flying license years ago.

"He was a lot of fun, even though he was perhaps sometimes a bit quiet. He was just another boy like so many others here."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/26/us-france-crash-idUSKBN0MK2U020150326

It's just bizarre.

But right now the German cops are searching his home for clues. I really hope they find something to point to some explanation for this.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All this really gets me to thinking about Johan Tsarnaev again.  

Each made so many people suffer and die.  And neither had any actual reason for doing so.  And the people around both received no indication that either was capable of it.
This is now a truly fucked up world.  And it seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"Psychology can explain why somebody would turn rage inward on themselves about the fact that maybe they weren't going to keep doing their job and they're upset about that and so they're suicidal," he said. "But there is no mental illness that explains why somebody then feels entitled to also take that rage and turn it outward on 149 other people who had nothing to do with the person's problems."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/01/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/index.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum