Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pipelines are safer than rail transport of crude oil

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/freight-train-carrying-crude-oil-derails-near-illinois-city/ar-BBihCaD

Finish the fricking pipeline and quit the bull chit. How many fish are going to die in this derailment. This is too fricking close to my backyard, and this would have been the second major derailment in about five years with huge environmental costs. The first one was the largest fish kill in Illinois history as an Ethanol train derailed and killed 10s of thousands of beautiful game fish. Safety first. Do not preach to me about environmental issues when these damn trains are running on broken down rail beds, overpasses, and bridges. The oil boom is good, but we need to lessen the rail transport with safer pipeline transport.

2seaoat

What a mess. Another derailment probably before the end of the month, and we arguing about pipelines.

knothead

knothead

I fundamentally disagree with your position Mr. Oats . . . .the recent derailments and ensuing media posits do strengthen your position to support a bad deal., i.e., XL pipeline, however these incidents do not detract from the larger picture which is becoming more obvious with the passing of time. Americans are slowly becoming aware of the very obvious with the nuances of this extremely bad deal. . . . America has NO assurance that the refined product will be used exclusively for the USA, Trans Canada is exempted from paying into the Oil Spill remediation fund, the refined product will be sold on the world market from a tax free zone resulting in a no win for America or American consumers in any sense . . . . . this is simply not a good deal for America!

2seaoat

So a better deal is getting the same amount of oil to the very same markets, but with huge environmental costs.......put the pipeline in....sure it would be great to have solar and wind, but I am sick to death to see another river I know killing fish and destroying my backyard.  The last spill took over five years to replinish the fish, and some rare clams were lost forever.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

...America has NO assurance that the refined product will be used exclusively for the USA...

Not necessarily true, Knothead.

Crude transported by Keystone XL would be consumed in US
http://www.ogj.com/articles/2015/02/ihs-crude-transported-by-keystone-xl-would-be-consumed-in-us.html?cmpid=EnlDailyFebruary242015

...Most, if not all, of the crude oil that would be transported via the proposed Keystone XL pipeline to the US Gulf Coast would not be exported, and the vast majority of refined product—about 70%—derived from it would be consumed in the US, according to a recent report by IHS....

Many refineries on the Gulf Coast and in Oklahoma once refined heavy crude oil imported from Venezuela. The tar-sands oil is also a heavy crude and is well suited for these refineries as feedstock. Near the end of the last decade, as production in the oil sands ramped up, these refiners stopped buying Venezuelan oil and switched to the much more reliable suppliers from Canada. But the refined products will mostly be used here in the U.S., though I know some might be exported.

Yep, some of y'all may be burning that "dirty" Canadian gasoline in your cars, and  you don't even know it....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum