Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats: Let's Ban Profits!

+7
Floridatexan
PBulldog2
Sal
Nekochan
VectorMan
knothead
no stress
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I think the answers were pretty clear. This is what a number of people on the Left think. Even on this forum, wealth envy and hatred for business is evident.

Argghhhh.....Neko, you're getting my back up on this one. Your statement is way too general.

Don't the responses bother you even a little? I mean, it's not a difficult question or a difficult concept. The question was--Do you think the profits of corporations should be banned or capped? C'mon, these people all answered YES to either capping or downright banning profits of private business. These aren't just random people on the street. These are people that the Democrats sent to the DNC convention to nominate Obama. These are supposed to be the politically active and issue informed members and activists of the Democratic Party. Cause I tell you what--it bothers me. I mean, I know Dems have different ideas about government, but these are not the views of a freedom loving people. These ideas are very dangerous and scary and they should be dangerous and scary to every American who believes in free enterprise.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan

Nekochan

FT, this is the first comment under the video:

Peter Schiff is a dirty, lying Jew trying to cover up for his criminal Jewfriends on Wall Street.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Don't the responses bother you even a little? I mean, it's not a difficult question or a difficult concept. The question was--Do you think the profits of corporations should be banned or capped? C'mon, these people all answered YES to either capping or downright banning profits of private business. These aren't just random people on the street. These are people that the Democrats sent to the DNC convention to nominate Obama. These are supposed to be the politically active and issue informed members and activists of the Democratic Party. Cause I tell you what--it bothers me. I mean, I know Dems have different ideas about government, but these are not the views of a freedom loving people. These ideas are very dangerous and scary and they should be dangerous and scary to every American who believes in free enterprise.

We didn't hear the participants' complete answers, Neko. Schiff cut them off right after they agreed with his leading statement, "Should profits be banned?"

That was what Schiff wanted to record, and that's what he did. We all know the subject matter is a lot deeper than the general question Schiff asked, and I expect the participants' answers were, too. I hope some of them sue the stew out of him for misrepresentation. He misrepresented himself, and the taped answers misrepresented the participants' opinions, I suspect.

It was just so damned obvious, Neko. Those were the answers he wanted so he could make his stupid little video.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:

We didn't hear the participants' complete answers, Neko. Schiff cut them off right after they agreed with his leading statement, "Should profits be banned?"

That was what Schiff wanted to record, and that's what he did. We all know the subject matter is a lot deeper than the general question Schiff asked, and I expect the participants' answers were, too. I hope some of them sue the stew out of him for misrepresentation. He misrepresented himself, and the taped answers misrepresented the participants' opinions, I suspect.

It was just so damned obvious, Neko. Those were the answers he wanted so he could make his stupid little video.

Yes, it was edited.
But their answers are clear. When asked if corporate profits should be capped or banned, the automatic response from a free thinking, free enterprise people should be: NO!

2seaoat

It would be politically naive to think that there are not people who think that corporate profits are obscenely high, and they are not paying their fair share. At the extreme, I have seen democrats who think government should have their hand in everything. I think it is fair to criticize the extremes. Just because David Duke is a Republican, does not make David Duke's opinions the platform of the Republican Party.

However, both parties have allowed the extremes to blind and nullify the middle. Both sides make fun of us who occupy the middle. I want tax loopholes closed and people paying their fair share, but I want free enterprise and success. I believe my republican party has become the home of dog whistle racism, but I would never state that because David Duke is a Republican that the Republican Party is the party of racism.....even though it is clearly evident. I believe that Democrats think that hiring more teachers, police, and firefighters is good for America and profits by corporations are bad......both parties have their crazies......the question is can the folks in the middle in both parties turn this country around, or do we let the dark money steal our country?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Yes, it was edited.
But their answers are clear. When asked if corporate profits should be capped or banned, the automatic response from a free thinking, free enterprise people should be: NO!

We also need to consider the number of people he interviewed. I suspect he got the clear "no" from lots of people. He just didn't include those responses on his tape.

To even begin to think that all Democrats want all profits banned is ludicrous, Neko. That's my point. This tape was made solely to make all Democrats look foolish. That was Schiff's purpose. Personally, I think his tape is an epic FAIL, but that's just me.

2seaoat wrote:It would be politically naive to think that there are not people who think that corporate profits are obscenely high, and they are not paying their fair share. At the extreme, I have seen democrats who think government should have their hand in everything. I think it is fair to criticize the extremes. Just because David Duke is a Republican, does not make David Duke's opinions the platform of the Republican Party.

However, both parties have allowed the extremes to blind and nullify the middle. Both sides make fun of us who occupy the middle. I want tax loopholes closed and people paying their fair share, but I want free enterprise and success. I believe my republican party has become the home of dog whistle racism, but I would never state that because David Duke is a Republican that the Republican Party is the party of racism.....even though it is clearly evident. I believe that Democrats think that hiring more teachers, police, and firefighters is good for America and profits by corporations are bad......both parties have their crazies......the question is can the folks in the middle in both parties turn this country around, or do we let the dark money steal our country?

Please explain this typical liberal statement or are you just another liberal shill jumping on the repubs are racist bandwagon? Define what you consider racist about republicans?

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:FT, this is the first comment under the video:

Peter Schiff is a dirty, lying Jew trying to cover up for his criminal Jewfriends on Wall Street.

That was just Teo.

[quote="Gunz"]It is a piece by a two-bit interviewer baiting ill informed people

Yep, that would be the typical democrat delegate.[/quote

It's when the Liberals meltdown and go off scripted message that you get these kinds of comments....Like the 'Gonna put you back in chains' and 'You didn't build that--someone else made that happen'...The truth happens when they reveal their thought they truly believe...

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Yes, it was edited.

We also need to consider the number of people he interviewed. I suspect he got the clear "no" from lots of people. He just didn't include those responses on his tape.

To even begin to think that all Democrats want all profits banned is ludicrous, Neko. That's my point. This tape was made solely to make all Democrats look foolish. That was Schiff's purpose. Personally, I think his tape is an epic FAIL, but that's just me.

I don't think and I didn't say that all Democrats think this way. My point is--more than a couple of people expressed these views at their own convention and these weren't uninformed people on the street. It's scary.

2seaoat

Please explain this typical liberal statement or are you just another liberal shill jumping on the repubs are racist bandwagon? Define what you consider racist about republicans?

It is simple. My entire family going back to the Civil War were democrats. My family also was racist. My grandparents raised their family in Birmingham, my Great Grandparents in Opelika, and my great great grandparents on a peach plantation in Georgia......they never made any bones about their racism.

In 1968 my family became Republicans. They could not support the Civil Rights movement, and they believed separate and equal was just Dandy. In 1972 they in mass voted for Republicans. Across the South Dixiecrats changed from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party. I remember my grandfather sitting at the kitchen table lecturing my mother on how Republicans did not represent the working people and how FDR saved the country(My mother was the rebellious daughter who was active in the Republican Party when it was not the popular place to be in the south)

Nope, we are talking politics and policy, and the Republican party has become the party of the Dixiecrats.......and guess what.......racism never went away.......I mean never! Now an Ohio Republican, or a Michigan Republican.......and as Skip used to post.......A Boston Democrat all were just as racist as Dixiecrats........but the shift for a political scientist is clear and quantifiable, the dog whistles continue to blow, and you can call me a liberal, but I do not care what label you apply as long as you recognize the truth.

2seaoat wrote:Please explain this typical liberal statement or are you just another liberal shill jumping on the repubs are racist bandwagon? Define what you consider racist about republicans?

It is simple. My entire family going back to the Civil War were democrats. My family also was racist. My grandparents raised their family in Birmingham, my Great Grandparents in Opelika, and my great great grandparents on a peach plantation in Georgia......they never made any bones about their racism.

In 1968 my family became Republicans. They could not support the Civil Rights movement, and they believed separate and equal was just Dandy. In 1972 they in mass voted for Republicans. Across the South Dixiecrats changed from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party. I remember my grandfather sitting at the kitchen table lecturing my mother on how Republicans did not represent the working people and how FDR saved the country(My mother was the rebellious daughter who was active in the Republican Party when it was not the popular place to be in the south)

Nope, we are talking politics and policy, and the Republican party has become the party of the Dixiecrats.......and guess what.......racism never went away.......I mean never! Now an Ohio Republican, or a Michigan Republican.......and as Skip used to post.......A Boston Democrat all were just as racist as Dixiecrats........but the shift for a political scientist is clear and quantifiable, the dog whistles continue to blow, and you can call me a liberal, but I do not care what label you apply as long as you recognize the truth.

Other than your family history I'm not understanding why you consider today's republican party racist. I'm not saying there are no racist in the republican party but you act as if it is part of the platform. Today's democrats exhibit far more racist tendencies and ideologies than republicans do. So what politics or policies do you deem racist and why?

Nekochan

Nekochan

There was racism in every political party 50 years ago...still is.
Racism is evil, but Republicans don't own it and for that matter, neither do white people.

Nekochan wrote:I think the answers were pretty clear. This is what a number of people on the Left think. Even on this forum, wealth envy and hatred for business is evident.

Democrats: Let's Ban Profits!  - Page 2 Half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth
There's a class warfare going on but look who's winning..

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:

Wealth envy is a bad thing for America.
You sound like you think there is a limited amount of money. As if the rich have money, it keeps others from having money.

Do you also think profits of private companies should be capped or banned?

it should also be noted that wealth and income are different things... while one may affect the other. the vast majority of wealth is held by the elderly and retired. but don't worry class warfare warriors... the fed is printing a tax for that and capital gains or a death tax will get a semi-fair share too.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Democrats: Let's Ban Profits!  - Page 2 One-party-system

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:it should also be noted that wealth and income are different things... while one may affect the other. the vast majority of wealth is held by the elderly and retired. but don't worry class warfare warriors... the fed is printing a tax for that and capital gains or a death tax will get a semi-fair share too.

Excellent point. Also it needs to be noted that Obama wants a higher tax on capital gains than Clinton had.

2seaoat

Return the tax rates to the Clinton years, and close the special interest tax loopholes and corporate subsidies like the ethanol give away.....and this class warrior will be silent. You see I never saw it as class warfare......just terrible deviations from sound conservative fiscal policies. It is the tools of Nazi propoganda pre world war II which try now to turn people who want fiscal responsibility into being called class warriors.......how exactly do I fight myself?(in the nineties when using Turbo tax, I was told that my family was a 2%)

What is good for the middle class is good for the American businessman, and this idea of watching America being stolen over the last 30 years is incredibly naive of what drives the American economy........DEMAND......and when you diminish the demand, you do not replace it with the false concept of trickle down, you just have less demand. If a person calls balls and strikes fairly.....then nobody will double down on trickle down, and increased revenues are a given.

Nekochan

Nekochan

A flat tax or a federal sales tax is the way to go. Get rid of the 1000s of pages of craziness in the tax code. People would know what they owe and know what they must pay and it would be easy for them to comply. And it would be FAIR.

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:A flat tax or a federal sales tax is the way to go. Get rid of the 1000s of pages of craziness in the tax code. People would know what they owe and know what they must pay and it would be easy for them to comply. And it would be FAIR.

What would we do with all those tax accounting firms? LOL

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:A flat tax or a federal sales tax is the way to go. Get rid of the 1000s of pages of craziness in the tax code. People would know what they owe and know what they must pay and it would be easy for them to comply. And it would be FAIR.

I agree, Neko. That's one of the things I like most about Johnson.

Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:

Wealth envy is a bad thing for America.
You sound like you think there is a limited amount of money. As if the rich have money, it keeps others from having money.

Do you also think profits of private companies should be capped or banned?
It isn't that they have it.. It's how they got it..

ohttp://www.bible-study.org.uk/bible-stories-old-testament/golden-calf-bible-story.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum