Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scott Walker - Wisconsin Governor and potential 2016 Republican candidate for president - dodges a question on evolution.

+4
2seaoat
gatorfan
Sal
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/02/12/scott-walker-dodged-a-question-on-evolution-that-was-dumb-but-not-for-the-reason-you-think/

Scott Walker - Wisconsin Governor and potential 2016 Republican candidate for president - dodges a question on evolution. 98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433

Sal

Sal

He thinks he must cater to the drooling imbeciles of the GOP base to win the Republican primary.

He is correct.

It seems we are steadily becoming more stupid as a nation.

This is what comes when one of the two established political parties decides it must pander to ignorant bigots by promoting an anti-science and anti-intellectual message to win elections.

Sal

Sal

In his last response, Walker declined to answer a question and follow-up from his interviewer about whether evolution was real, saying politicians were better off steering clear of that issue. "I'm going to punt on that one as well," Walker said. "I'm here to talk about trade, not to pontificate about other things."After Walker declined to state his views on evolution, the event's moderator, Justin Webb of BBC Radio 4, told him that he believed any British politician would answer such a question by making clear that he or she believed evolution was true.

Embarrassing.

It would be nice if you leftist idiots would vette your own politicians a tiny fraction of the interest you show pubs.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:It would be nice if you leftist idiots would vette your own politicians a tiny fraction of the interest you show pubs.

It would be nice if you could actually provide a shred of specific substance...ever...so that we knew what you were talking about.

Regarding this thread topic and given the fact that Walker refuses to answer a question as easy as "Do you believe in evolution?", would you agree that Scott Walker is an idiot and not fit for any level of public office? Should public policy be guided by someone who doesn't believe in evolution?

gatorfan

WGAS?

I can recall many liberal hypocrites pouncing on anyone suggesting Obama is a Muslim. WGAS if he is or isn't?

If Walker decided not to answer a question designed to veer away from the issues he was there to talk about - who cares?

If he chooses to believe in creationism or evolution - who cares?

A persons ability to run the country doesn't hinge on religious beliefs.

But you progressive attack dogs would love to think so. Of course when your voter base is composed of hypocrites and bigots what can one expect?

Laughable.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:WGAS?

I can recall many liberal hypocrites pouncing on anyone suggesting Obama is a Muslim. WGAS if he is or isn't?

If Walker decided not to answer a question designed to veer away from the issues he was there to talk about - who cares?

But you progressive attack dogs would love to think so. Of course when your voter base is composed of hypocrites and bigots what can one expect?

Laughable.

One doesn't "choose" to believe in evolution any more than one "chooses" to believe that water exists, or that the earth is round, or that our moon is not the center of the universe.  

If someone can't simply say "Yes" to the question "Do you believe in evolution", you have to question their judgement.  Objective facts are something that we should all agree on.  

People who deny scientific reality shouldn't be in positions that guide humanity and public policy.  If you need a navigator and one candidate shows up with a worn out map that consists of a picture of a turtle with civilization on its back, and then another guy shows up with a GPS, who will you hire?

Scott Walker - Wisconsin Governor and potential 2016 Republican candidate for president - dodges a question on evolution. World-on-turtle-back

Laughable.

Scott Walker - Wisconsin Governor and potential 2016 Republican candidate for president - dodges a question on evolution. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQynIfHEFfN0WZrZjGf4TO2D9YqjeNDMF7fIFYRC9FvcrFfO5iKUA

I believe in creationism.

A miracle occurred that kick started the whole universe... which created a lot of wonderful other things that kick start stuff.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfvwwPSHCI

Smile

boards of FL wrote:

Laughable.

One doesn't "choose" to believe in evolution any more than one "chooses" to believe that water exists, or that the earth is round, or that our moon is not the center of the universe.  

If someone can't simply say "Yes" to the question "Do you believe in evolution", you have to question their judgement.  Objective facts are something that we should all agree on.  

People who deny scientific reality shouldn't be in positions that guide humanity and public policy.  If you need a navigator and one candidate shows up with a worn out map that consists of a picture of a turtle with civilization on its back, and then another guy shows up with a GPS, who will you hire?

Scott Walker - Wisconsin Governor and potential 2016 Republican candidate for president - dodges a question on evolution. World-on-turtle-back

Scott Walker - Wisconsin Governor and potential 2016 Republican candidate for president - dodges a question on evolution. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPhjV5rhmzYAGm8uHpPqnHsoL1VTgX4HJBnXMAiXDNNQNLZHDFOg

Of course evolution occurs. So does devolution... The latter is the only way to explain how liberals came into existence.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCV6paTXyCU

Laughing

(NOTE: Above photo is a group picture of Boards, Sal, Wordslinger, Dreams, & FT at last meeting)

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:Of course evolution occurs. So does devolution... The latter is the only way to explain how liberals came into existence.

I wonder if you even realize that you're making this comment within a thread about a conservative politician who refused to acknowledge a well established scientific fact.

The irony is so think that one could cut it with a bowling ball.

2seaoat

Thanks a million......do you think our government cannot be bought?

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Of course evolution occurs. So does devolution... The latter is the only way to explain how liberals came into existence.

I wonder if you even realize that you're making this comment within a thread about a conservative politician who refused to acknowledge a well established scientific fact.

Scott Walker - Wisconsin Governor and potential 2016 Republican candidate for president - dodges a question on evolution. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVpueQPYiOY-JjBnqyBXNHYS-m09qeKWOpbywpKhkNNtqTF9OG

And I'm being criticized by someone who refuses to admit he believes in creationism because he thinks science has the answer but can't believe the miracle involved in making that answer possible...

...Now that's irony!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4

Laughing

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Laughable.

Since when is science a religious belief? Are you really that stupid? And you're dead wrong about the country being run right by someone who doesn't regard science as fact and religion as belief. The development of medical research, genetic medicine, etc. is incredibly important for the control of diseases. All such research is scientific and relies on basic scientific fact. You want some dodo who believes the sun orbits the earth, because his bible says so to run this country?

Not on my watch!!!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

boards of FL wrote:

You guys can continue to dick around with Damaged Eagle, but I'm through with him. It's not debate, it's playing with insanity.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:It would be nice if you leftist idiots would vette your own politicians a tiny fraction of the interest you show pubs.

I'm not sure there are any democrats who deny the reality of evolution. Do you know any?

dumpcare

I didn't read any except the last post. As some of you can gather I despise every politician that walks the face of the earth, they are all whore's, take for them self and make sweet heart deals with big biz, regardless of party. That being said if you all are electing a president that dodges a question of evolution no wonder this world is so fucked up.

Wordslinger wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You guys can continue to dick around with Damaged Eagle, but I'm through with him.  It's not debate, it's playing with insanity.

Scott Walker - Wisconsin Governor and potential 2016 Republican candidate for president - dodges a question on evolution. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ94m0V9RkuhfGjDq3jE82xS2hAOIhTKZ4HSWdt-dbSKN-oENmHjw

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnk3RX-wuxs

Smile

knothead

knothead

ppaca wrote:I didn't read any except the last post. As some of you can gather I despise every politician that walks the face of the earth, they are all whore's, take for them self and make sweet heart deals with big biz, regardless of party. That being said if you all are electing a president that dodges a question of evolution no wonder this world is so fucked up.

AMEN . . . . . cheers cheers cheers

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I disagree that all politicians are bad...some of them actually do their jobs and get the business of the country accomplished, despite sometimes running into massive opposition. Bernie Sanders comes to mind. He's a fighter.

Walker has the leftists all a twitter... lol. I don't know if any candidate has survived more vitriol than he has... maybe bush.

2seaoat

Walker talking to David Koch(fake David) was all I needed to know about this corrupt politician. At the end of the tape he tells David....."thanks a million" could not have said it better myself.

I would take a koch candidate any day over a soros candidate... like your dear leader obama.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:I would take a koch candidate any day over a soros candidate... like your dear leader obama.

Are you familiar with what is happening in Kansas?

Stuff is happening in other places too... such as wisconsin, illinois, greece. Thank you for your contribution comrade.

2seaoat

Stuff is happening in other places too... such as wisconsin, illinois, greece. Thank you for your contribution comrade.

Unable to answer a question.....you are getting very good at running away. Why are you afraid of what is happening in Kansas?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum